Injury Report: Jaden Schwartz placed on IR with fractured left ankle; to be re-evaluated in 12 weeks

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Have the Blues said a word about Allen the last couple weeks? I saw the play where he got injured, didn't look great the way his leg went down to the ice. Hopefully for you guys just a bad sprain and not a torn ACL/MCL type deal. I don't know how the Blues operate in this regard but they seem to be taking the "nothing to see here, folks" approach. I wonder if they were/are waiting for the swelling to go down before they do an MRI and make a final diagnosis, which I was/am half expecting to be "knee surgery: out for the season". Have you guys heard anything at all from reporters or official sources?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Have the Blues said a word about Allen the last couple weeks? I saw the play where he got injured, didn't look great the way his leg went down to the ice. Hopefully for you guys just a bad sprain and not a torn ACL/MCL type deal. I don't know how the Blues operate in this regard but they seem to be taking the "nothing to see here, folks" approach. I wonder if they were/are waiting for the swelling to go down before they do an MRI and make a final diagnosis, which I was/am half expecting to be "knee surgery: out for the season". Have you guys heard anything at all from reporters or official sources?

It was a broken ankle, he's close to returning, but won't play on Tuesday. Should be back soon though.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

The play occurred in practice. (Eh, was talking about Schwartz.)

He's skating with the team, but not regular practices or contact yet. Probably within 2 weeks, possibly the first game back.

Edit -
As for Allen all we know is that he isn't skating yet.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Oh my mistake, guys. When I was skimming your board, I read the thread title as being a general injury thread. Sorry!

I'll take answers via PM if you have em.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oh my mistake, guys. When I was skimming your board, I read the thread title as being a general injury thread. Sorry!

I'll take answers via PM if you have em.

I don't think much news has come out about Allen, so we really wouldn't have much to share. The Blues are pretty tight lipped on all internal matters.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
12093242_1653907594849108_1337284196_n.jpg

That is a disturbing photograph.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't think much news has come out about Allen, so we really wouldn't have much to share. The Blues are pretty tight lipped on all internal matters.

Darren Pang last night on Twitter let it slip that he has a sprained knee.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Darren Pang last night on Twitter let it slip that he has a sprained knee.

I just saw something on Rotowire that said today was the second consecutive day Allen skated and that it is in fact a knee issue. But looks like he's on the mend so that's a big win for you guys. Recalling what it looked like when it happened I was almost sure he was done for the season. Glad he's not. The era of Elliot must come to an end. Because Elliot. :)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I just saw something on Rotowire that said today was the second consecutive day Allen skated and that it is in fact a knee issue. But looks like he's on the mend so that's a big win for you guys. Recalling what it looked like when it happened I was almost sure he was done for the season. Glad he's not. The era of Elliot must come to an end. Because Elliot. :)

You've said that a couple times, but he played for a while longer after the collision. I actually thought it was going to be very minor and not keep him out as long as it has. I suspect the team is being extra careful with him, and Elliott's play has made it possible to take his time.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Thank god. Hopefully he can get up to speed by the time the playoffs roll around. I'm not expecting too terribly much from him in his first week or two back simply because of the nature of his injury and the amount of time he spent off the ice.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Army finally pulled the trigger on a trade it appears to pick up this Schwartz guy. Who did he give up? 1st round pick? Is he a character guy who plays reckless? :laugh: Can he cycle the puck endlessly in the zone :yo:

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
Soooo glad to have him back. Besides his offense the guy is a thief on the fore check.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
Now that he is back I would to see this top 6.

Schwartz - Stastny - Fabbri
Steen- Backes- Tarasenko

Potentially swap Tarasenko and Fabbri.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Makes sense to not return against the Jets, a pretty physical team.

And Paajarvi is sitting. Thank god.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now that he is back I would to see this top 6.

Schwartz - Stastny - Fabbri
Steen- Backes- Tarasenko

Potentially swap Tarasenko and Fabbri.

I'd switch Fabbri and Tarasenko.

Fabbri needs to be on the 3rd line though IMO, so that it isn't inept. Berglund-Lehtera-Brouwer just sounds awful. That line is way to slow to do much damage. They need Fabbri flying around to either start plays or keep plays alive.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
#stlblues lines

Code:
Berglund - Steen - Backes 
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko 
Fabbri - Stastny - Brouwer 
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves 

Extras: Paajarvi, Jaskin

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
My lines

Code:
Schwartz - Stastny - Tarasenko
Steen - Backes - Brouwer
Pääjärvi - Lehterä - Fabbri
Jaskin - Brodziak - Reaves

Jbo - Parayko
Gunnar - Shattery
Edmundson - Bortuzzo

IF Berglund don't play high level, rather sit him. He doesn't bring nothing to table. He has been ghost zone, last night I have to lurk in 2nd intermission did he even play. He drag down Tarasenko. :shakehead

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
My lines

Code:
Schwartz - Stastny - Tarasenko
Steen - Backes - Brouwer
Pääjärvi - Lehterä - Fabbri
Jaskin - Brodziak - Reaves

Jbo - Parayko
Gunnar - Shattery
Edmundson - Bortuzzo

IF Berglund don't play high level, rather sit him. He doesn't bring nothing to table. He has been ghost zone, last night I have to lurk in 2nd intermission did he even play. He drag down Tarasenko. :shakehead

That is a rather bizarre assessment of Berglund's play so far since returning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad