Injury Report: Jaden Schwartz placed on IR with fractured left ankle; to be re-evaluated in 12 weeks

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm curious to see how Fabbri and Stastny look playing on the same line but other than that I don't know how to feel to about those lines.

What about trying Fabbri on the right side? I like the idea of two scoring lines that can burn a team with favorable match ups and a line that can shut down other teams top line. What about trying the Steen-Stas-Tank line again? They looked great together in preseason and the beginning of the regular season before Stas got injured.

I'm not sure how to feel about this Steen at center experiment, I think Steen is better on the wing and Backes is more effective at center.

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Fabbri
Berglund-Backes-Brouwer

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
I'd switch Fabbri and Tarasenko.

Fabbri needs to be on the 3rd line though IMO, so that it isn't inept. Berglund-Lehtera-Brouwer just sounds awful. That line is way to slow to do much damage. They need Fabbri flying around to either start plays or keep plays alive.

It's definitely a top heavy lineup. I'm most interested to see Schwartz and Fabbri on opposite wings.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Steen-Stastny-Brouwer
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Backes-Berglund
Upshall/Paajarvi-Brodziak-Reaves/Jaskin

1st line had great chemistry earlier in the season, and they're capable of playing an aggressive game. Powerful and dynamic, it's a good first line for our division.

2nd line gets easier minutes while Schwartz and Tarasenko get back up to speed. Whatever is ailing Tarasenko, hopefully convalescing with Schwartz helps him. Lehtera's play lately speaks for itself. Very underrated around these parts. Once it's clicking, this line scooches up to the 1st line.

3rd line is built around Fabbri: Backes and Berglund crash and bang along the boards, get the puck out to Fabbri in the slot the same way Brouwer has. Not my favorite, but it's serviceable.

4th line is the 4th line. Give energy when needed, crack some skulls, and skate around like madmen.

It's not a bad lineup, guys. This team can be good.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The biggest problem to the lineup IMO is the redundancy of Berglund and Brouwer. Two big, slow bodies who are shooters but not spectacular ones. Both lack creativity and playmaking. If we could replace one of them with a faster, more skilled player the lineup would be much better. This is again another reason why Brouwer was such a bad target.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
The biggest problem to the lineup IMO is the redundancy of Berglund and Brouwer. Two big, slow bodies who are shooters but not spectacular ones. Both lack creativity and playmaking. If we could replace one of them with a faster, more skilled player the lineup would be much better. This is again another reason why Brouwer was such a bad target.

The Jedi is back!

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
I think per normal, we have a deficit in the top 6 center position. Relying on Lehtera as a 2C just doesn't seem viable, especially without a top tier 1C to eat tougher matchups. Until Stastny either shuts down top lines or starts consistently creating chances, on the road atleast, I think teams will risk matching their second best line against his and focus their efforts on Tarasenko/Schwartz.

Lehtera is a nice luxury, but his skating makes him an anchor more often than not. This team is so slow as it is....Tarry is becoming a bit predictable (like Steen) with the pull ups across the line and then attempting to hit the gas and take a defender wide. The D are stepping up on him because he isn't really backing them in until he's running out of ice.

Schwartz is stepping into some pressure, that's for sure.....

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I've posted these in another thread as well

Schwartz-Stastny-Backes
Fabbri-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Steen-Berglund-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin
Paajarvi, Reaves

Let that 2nd line get all the favorable matchups. Also you give Stastny a big winger and a very good goal scorer that can handle opposing top lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad