Management Jacques Martin appointed Senior Advisor to the Coaching Staff

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Fans - Fire Dorion - ✅
Fans - Hire Alfie - ✅
Fans - Hire Jacques Martin - ✅
Fans - Fire DJ Smith - still waiting

When fans glowingly talk about management that don’t listen to the fans and don’t ever consider the fans opinions that’s a bad thing. They should be listening to the fans because the fans know and want what’s best for the team.

I find it so funny that the small vocal group of 30 fans in section 323 actually think that management actually listen to, and take into consideration, what they chant and complain about, and make decisions based on that.

A blind squirrel can tell the time on a broken clock twice a day to know where to find nuts.

When management starts listening to the fans, they will find themselves sitting with the fans.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
When Andlauer said a few people in section 323, did you stop long enough to analyze his remark??? 323 is the upper bowl. It is in the group of cheapest seats.

Generally occupied by the common man with limited financial resources.

In rich man Andlauer's world; peons.. Never to speak to the Boss/Owner.. Never to tell him what to do.. Andlauer's ego is way bigger than the CTC..

Listen to Collin Cowherd's show. He often speaks about owners and their ego. And listen again to the Andlauer presser.. Snarly!!! Like, F you, ain't nobody telling what!!!

So when the fans screamed "Fire DJ". Andlauer's ego kicked in.. No fan/peon is going to tell me what to do.. Do you know who I am?

That saved DJ..

And Andlauer did not want to set a precedent. We scream fire DJ and he does it.. What do we scream about next??? Fan Blackmail!!!! In a year or so, we may scream "Fire Staois".

DJ got saved by ego and not wanting to set a precedent..

come season's end.. Whether it is Staois in the GM role, or a new hire. They may want their own coach. Odds are good, DJ is gone.

DJ should be smart enough to sit.. Do his job. Do not antagonize. Maybe, just maybe he is retained.. If not, and is let go at season's end. He can at least hold to "I was not fired. A new GM wanted his own coach". It softens the blow.

As for making the playoffs. This has been discussed at length. Past years have shown, teams in teh bottom 1/3 by American Thanksgiving, often remain there. Or if they climb it is marginally and rarely into the playoffs. This team's season most likely ended 2 weeks ago.

Nobody ever thinks things through.

Look at the number! 323! It’s obvious isn’t it?

What’s 3+2+3? 8. But then you have to think that he used three numbers in his choice of section…there’s no way that’s a coincidence... What’s 8-3? 5! And who wore #5 for the senators? That’s right! Christoph Schubert.

What has Christoph Schubert been doing lately? Coaching hockey of course. He finally got his first head coaching gig in Germany. This tracks as he’s well known to be a German.

Pretty clear to anyone looking beyond the surface that Andlauer is hinting that the sens will hire Christoph Schubert to be the next head coach of the Ottawa senators.

Why would they pick Schubert? It’s obvious isn’t it? Stutzle wants out, he probably threatened to leave if he didn’t have a German language locker room. If people did their own research they’d see the obvious links that are right there for all to see.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Honestly just from this game I can see his effect. We still have areas for improvement, but we legit look better defensively already and just got outgoalied, happens.

Reactions: Bileur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Jacques Martin 2.0 era.

Out play the Leafs. Can't score. Give up soft goals.
We used to dominate the Leafs in the reg season...

Wish we played Korpi, but oh well. Forsberg has been really hit or miss this year, really disappointing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I find it so funny that the small vocal group of 30 fans in section 323 actually think that management actually listen to, and take into consideration, what they chant and complain about, and make decisions based on that.

A blind squirrel can tell the time on a broken clock twice a day to know where to find nuts.

When management starts listening to the fans, they will find themselves sitting with the fans.
It is a hilarious concept I do agree.

The Jacques Martin 2.0 era.

Out play the Leafs. Can't score. Give up soft goals.
Felt totally like game in 2002. However the difference is those leaf teams were hard and gritty. This ones soft as butter.

Reactions: JD1

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I prefer what they've actually done, bringing them in roles that are not dependant on who's the head coach. Coaching staff could be fired and Alfie/Martin would remain.
Its really good. Great resources for any coaching staff

Jacques Martin is also a comedian nowadays. I don't know if nayone caught it as he deadpanned that he was known as "an offensive coach" lol
Steven Wright delivery

yesssssss
I got your number buddy

Reactions: coladin

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
One interesting project for Jacques would be Chychrun. He's still young, he has all the tools, but I feel he still needs to put them together to become the real package. There's no reason he can't do anything Chris Phillips could do defensively, and then you add all his offense and you have an incredible player.

Reactions: Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
One interesting project for Jacques would be Chychrun. He's still young, he has all the tools, but I feel he still needs to put them together to become the real package. There's no reason he can't do anything Chris Phillips could do defensively, and then you add all his offense and you have an incredible player.
Yup he’ll never be a physical guy because that has to be in your personality, but he can be positionally solid like Sandy, or even JBD.

Weird that JBD has thrown several bigger hits than Chych has in his very young NHL career, and he’s not really even a physical guy like Zub.

Kleven wasn’t even particularly physical in his few games either. Must be harder to find these days, which makes Zub all the more of a sweet find for us. That guy likes contact.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
I love that Jacques Martin is back. What a tremendous addition to our organization. Great call.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Chychrun already plays with one hand all the time. He just needs to raise the other arm to really start getting his pointing in order.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Giving it more thought, and I’m sure it’s already been discussed here, but it’s more apparent that JM is the insurance policy they needed if a coaching change is needed. They no longer need to rely on capuano and can insert JM in an interim capacity even if no GM is hired. Once the GM comes in, JM can gracefully go back to his sr. Advisor role.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Giving it more thought, and I’m sure it’s already been discussed here, but it’s more apparent that JM is the insurance policy they needed if a coaching change is needed. They no longer need to rely on capuano and can insert JM in an interim capacity even if no GM is hired. Once the GM comes in, JM can gracefully go back to his sr. Advisor role.

Yeah that’s much what the coming in hot guys were saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad