Management Jacques Martin appointed Senior Advisor to the Coaching Staff

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sens have the thinnest front office/hockey ops staff in the league. We bring in a highly respected elder statesman with ties to the team. It doesn't have to be because DJ's firing is imminent

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if he’s being considered for the GM role. Staios mentioned his gm experience a couple times. I think he’s too old (70s) to be behind the bench.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wonder if he’s being considered for the GM role. Staios mentioned his gm experience a couple times. I think he’s too old (70s) to be behind the bench.
I think he's just fine in a advisory, voice of reason role. Lots of teams have highly respected elder statesman in advisory type roles.

Whether he's throwing in a tidbit on defensive structure or zeroing in on a player we want to acquire to provide an assessment, it all works.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Alex Picard said on TVA last night that he talked to Jacques Martin (they both worked at TVA) about the Sens BEFORE Martin's signing was officially announced and he seemed very "involved" in the team. He seemed to think that Martin has been working with Ottawa before the announcement and we're already seeing the results. Not surprising because Dorion and DJ had no idea about this (very important) part of the game.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Alex Picard said on TVA last night that he talked to Jacques Martin (they both worked at TVA) about the Sens BEFORE Martin's signing was officially announced and he seemed very "involved" in the team. He seemed to think that Martin has been working with Ottawa before the announcement and we're already seeing the results. Not surprising because Dorion and DJ had no idea about this (very important) part of the game.

Can you translate this for me?

What are you saying?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can you translate this for me?

What are you saying?
Not sure what isn't clear, maybe I was missing a punctation?

Alex Picard and Jacques Martin were working at TVA
In November they talked together
Subject was the Ottawa Senators
Picard thought that Martin seemed very involved when talking about the Sens

Hint : Martin has been working with the Sens BEFORE the announcement

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Why do you think DJ and Dorian would be in the dark? Is this an assumption?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why do you think DJ and Dorian would be in the dark? Is this an assumption?

Dorion was already fired

I have no idea what you are not understanding, honestly.

Re-read, space out the sentence if you want/need. Look I'll do it for you with changing a few things :

Alex Picard said on TVA last night that he talked to Jacques Martin (they both worked at TVA) about the Sens BEFORE Martin's signing was officially announced

Martin seemed very "involved" in the team.

Picard seemed to think that Martin has been working with Ottawa before the announcement and we're already seeing the results.

Not surprising because Dorion and DJ had no idea about this (very important) part of the game.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Jacques said on the radio, he followed the Sens because his TVA contract, but said first discussions with the team started a week before hiring.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jacques said on the radio, he followed the Sens because his TVA contract, but said first discussions with the team started a week before hiring.

Who knows? You're obviously never going to find out the "whole truth" in the medias.

I am simply reporting something Alexander Picard said......... This is not a fact, this is not my opinion, this is not my own insider info

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Who knows? You're obviously never going to find out the "whole truth" in the medias.

I am simply reporting something Alexander Picard said......... This is not a fact, this is not my opinion, this is not my own insider info
Yep and so was I, reporting what Jacques said, discussions started one week before.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Yep and so was I, reporting what Jacques said, discussions started one week before.
Not sure that started just one week before. Jacques was in an interview Friday at tva. He said Andlauer was the first that call him if interested. After he have couple chats with Steve and DJ. I doubt that happened just in one week

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Honestly....what f***ing difference does it make who he spoke or when he spoke to someone

We bitch because our front office / hockey ops is to thin

We hire a very experienced guy

We bitch because it was only needed because our coach is a moron.

We hired Jacques Martin. Great. Another experienced voice is always good.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not sure that started just one week before. Jacques was in an interview Friday at tva. He said Andlauer was the first that call him if interested. After he have couple chats with Steve and DJ. I doubt that happened just in one week
That’s what he said, on Ottawa radio, he started watching the Sens games very closely starting December 2, (Seattle game) after contacted by Andlauer.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Odds that Martin started working with the coaching staff a bit before the annoucement that he was hired?

Small sample but it really feels like a switch was flipped over the last stretch of games in terms of structure and it started before the team announced Martin was hired.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Odds that Martin started working with the coaching staff a bit before the annoucement that he was hired?

Small sample but it really feels like a switch was flipped over the last stretch of games in terms of structure and it started before the team announced Martin was hired.
Yes there was a systems structure change implemented for the Seattle game, DJ and the players mentioned it in interviews.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Jason York rhymed off several coaches he played for including some known for their systems and structure and called Jacques Martin the most detailed coach he ever played for. DJ said Jacques is quiet and offered some tidbits.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Doubtful. He started when it was announced.

Always has been involved as it was his job to follow the Sens.... and he is an ex-coach.

He is still getting involved as the time goes on but it is not like he implemented anything before his start date. To think so is pure HF fantasy.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Team sucks. Fans boo DJ. Players back DJ. Staios gives them prove it time. Team still sucks. Staois, DJ and JM talk about coaches advisor role. JM..I see this, this, this and here's how to fix it. DJ...Me too. Staois...Interesting. I'll get the paper work started, DJ let the players know after practice. DJ lets the players know. In the dressing room after the coaches are gone...They got another coach! They might fire DJ! Hand wringing! Panic! We really have to get it together, this is serious! Do as the coach says! Yeah! Two way hockey! As the coach says! Old time hockey! Yeah! Giroux...Jesus fckn Christ, reaches into his hockey bag, pulls out a beer and crushes it. Timmy...You got one in there for me G? Giroux...Shut up Tim.

Tinfoil hats! Get yer Tinfoil hats. All sizes, for any Senators event. Tiiiiiinfoooooil Hats!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Team sucks. Fans boo DJ. Players back DJ. Staios gives them prove it time. Team still sucks. Staois, DJ and JM talk about coaches advisor role. JM..I see this, this, this and here's how to fix it. DJ...Me too. Staois...Interesting. I'll get the paper work started, DJ let the players know after practice. DJ lets the players know. In the dressing room after the coaches are gone...They got another coach! They might fire DJ! Hand wringing! Panic! We really have to get it together, this is serious! Do as the coach says! Yeah! Two way hockey! As the coach says! Old time hockey! Yeah! Giroux...Jesus fckn Christ, reaches into his hockey bag, pulls out a beer and crushes it. Timmy...You got one in there for me G? Giroux...Shut up Tim.

Tinfoil hats! Get yer Tinfoil hats. All sizes, for any Senators event. Tiiiiiinfoooooil Hats!
I love sauced posts! Nicely done :)

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
DJ Smith is an actual DJ, and a killer one. That's why Z-Bad was sent out of town well prior to his arrival. Martin scouts talent and the Senators are the hardest working, hardest partying team in the league. The turnaround starts on the road, book it.

That's my tinfoil hat moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad