Jacques Lemaire in discussion with 3 teams, Montreal Included *UPDATE HIRED BY LEAFS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
But personally, I don't know where he would fit with this organisation. I just can't see it. Besides, he would be seen as a 'possible' replacement coach if Therrien is in trouble. Media would sure play that card. And Jacques is not media-friendly.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
To be fair, if Therrien is gonna make the Habs play boring defensive style then we might as well be the most boring and most effective defensive team by a wide margin :laugh:

Very few posts are as funny as they are logical. :laugh:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It would be kinda neat to see him come back to the organization. He could be an assistant or a consultant type, the guy always had a good mind for the game. It would put a bit of pressure on coach T as well which might not be a bad thing.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Jacques Lemaire would be a welcome addition as an assistant coach or even a senior advisor as he's a good hockey mind. More grinding and defense first tactics for Therrien.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
What would fans say if Lemaire ended up wanting to keep Gally at LW...He and Gabrorik didn't seem to get alone, Benioit Pouliout was actually drafted as a centre and Lemaire turned him into a winger.

But generally speaking, I'd be happy for the Habs to hire him in a consulting role, the guy knows the game.

One thing that's has become clear is wtv system the Habs play isn't just structured by Therrien but has Bergevin input, Bergevin already said that he has the AHL team playing the same system, is trying to go out a hire Lemaire.

Another note, I think this adds zero pressure to MT, Lemaire wants nothing to do with coaching in Mtl even as a interim I bet.

Before Bob Gainey hired Jacques Martin the rumour was he wanted Lemaire, Lemaire wouldn't coach unless he got something like 3M per year, and when Gainey agreed, Lemaire said he wanted Mario Tremebly as the associate coach and he would be the guy to talk to media not Lemaire, and Gainey said screw that and hired Martin. Too young to remember Lemaire playing days or coaching days with the Habs put it seems old that he doesn't like the media so much.

Last edited:

Eggbeater

Jul 4, 2007
He's just who they need to suck the last ounce of offensive creativity out of that team. I can't wait to be put to sleep even harder this year.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The Leafs also announced that 4200 season ticket holders will have their seats revoked so that the team can fit its management staff in the ACC for games.

It's honestly what the Leafs should have been doing for years but they were stupid with their money.

Nothing blew my mind more than the Habs scooping Rick Dudley from Toronto a few years back right before an NHL draft and then saying, "I hope he doesn't share scouting info!"

Habs, Leafs, Wings, Blackhawks, etc. should have the very best management available. They should also spend the most in every area that doesn't have a cap.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
It's honestly what the Leafs should have been doing for years but they were stupid with their money.

Nothing blew my mind more than the Habs scooping Rick Dudley from Toronto a few years back right before an NHL draft and then saying, "I hope he doesn't share scouting info!"

Habs, Leafs, Wings, Blackhawks, etc. should have the very best management available. They should also spend the most in every area that doesn't have a cap.

Oh, I don't disagree. It's the major advantage TO should have over other markets. Having said that, I think there's probably a limit. Inter-personal dynamics are key to effective decision making. I sure hope they have a structure in mind.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
We still need to find an assistant coach with a strong strategic acumen to mitigate Therrien's propensity to shoot the team in the foot. I hope that these Lemaire rumors are an indication that Bergevin has come to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad