Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If a GM still see him as a 2nd round prospect, that played the WJ last year and we has size. Like Collberg on the Vanek trade, just take one GM that like him

the problem is Collberg was coming off a great WJC at 17 where he was over a ppg, and put up good numbers in all his WJC's. Oloffson had 0 pts at the WJC's last year so he would need to show a lot at this years. I could see teams liking his size/skating/speed for sure, plus he's solid defensively so you have a guy that could be a future 4th liner ala DLR but teams also know that 4th liners can be had for free on the waiver wires ala DLR (though that was a mistake imo, however small but still a mistake none the less)

Reactions: calder candidate

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
the problem is Collberg was coming off a great WJC at 17 where he was over a ppg, and put up good numbers in all his WJC's. Oloffson had 0 pts at the WJC's last year so he would need to show a lot at this years. I could see teams liking his size/skating/speed for sure, plus he's solid defensively so you have a guy that could be a future 4th liner ala DLR but teams also know that 4th liners can be had for free on the waiver wires ala DLR (though that was a mistake imo, however small but still a mistake none the less)

I don’t disagree, I just hope a GM could think like this

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

you obviously don't like spending 2nd round picks on these, but if he can be a exeptional 4th line young Center who comes in the league with speed and very responsable defensively and able to chip in a little offensively. Stability on a roster is underrated.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
with all the current depth we have, we have the luxery to have sleeper pick. take your time with them! but i agree i'd rather have him getting used to the NA game with Bouchard! Kind of player you could have playing 2-3 full season in the AHL. nothing wrong with that!

i know it's only a rookie camp but he was the most impressive 2018 prospect there! ( in 2018 obviously)

that's why I don't think he gets traded as it would make more sense to just bring him along slowly, we don't have any real need to trade youth at this time. I mean if a team wanted him and the deal made sense sure, but we are talking about a forward that just got his first point in the SHL in months going back to last season.

Hopefully him getting a point in the champions league game and the SHL game is something for him to build some kind of confidence as he doesn't look anything close to what he did when I saw him at the start of last season in the SHL where he was on the 2nd line and putting up some points. Since then it's been pretty much a nightmare.

Reactions: HOPE

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
that's why I don't think he gets traded as it would make more sense to just bring him along slowly, we don't have any real need to trade youth at this time. I mean if a team wanted him and the deal made sense sure, but we are talking about a forward that just got his first point in the SHL in months going back to last season.

Hopefully him getting a point in the champions league game and the SHL game is something for him to build some kind of confidence as he doesn't look anything close to what he did when I saw him at the start of last season in the SHL where he was on the 2nd line and putting up some points. Since then it's been pretty much a nightmare.

Outside chance at 4th line center in the NHL when he is 22/23 ish?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Outside chance at 4th line center in the NHL when he is 22/23 ish?

too early to say as he's been struggling for about a year, as he got off to a good enough start last season and then after October he barely produced until late in the season with a couple points and then so far this year he's barely produced. So we need to see if he can string together some games and go from there. He reminds me so much of DLR but worse.

This guy has been pretty underwhelming since he was drafted. He may do a lot of things well but at the end of the day you need players that can contribute offensively

for sure, you have to show some kind of production and Olofsson's has been downright brutal, actually can barely get much worse that's how bad it's been as he has produced so little if he produced a little less since the end of last Oct, he would have literally 0 pts.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've been watching the game but work is really busy so i've missed a lot, hopefully he plays more in the 3rd now that the game is pretty much out of reach.

He's now at 3 pts in the last 2 games, and 4 in the last 6. He had 9 in 34 games last year or 44 games if you count playoffs and WJC's.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I've been watching the game but work is really busy so i've missed a lot, hopefully he plays more in the 3rd now that the game is pretty much out of reach.

He's now at 3 pts in the last 2 games, and 4 in the last 6. He had 9 in 34 games last year or 44 games if you count playoffs and WJC's.
Called sick today and watching Olofsson doing so well makes me feel better lol

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Olofsson uses often his stick from all the angles to intercept pucks. Constantly in motion.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really hope it was a matter of confidence..

A guy like that doesn't put up the points he did, at his age, in the Allsvenskan.. and flash the tools he does, to just be as bad as he's been.

He may always remain enigmatically offensively.. but a guy like him with the tools he has, is a better fit for a 4C in the new NHL than what teams traditionally have.. can still end up a very valuable bottom 6 piece.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Olofsson uses often his stick from all the angles to intercept pucks. Constantly in motion.
Yep, pretty dynamic and smart on 200 ft and on the top of this, he is very powerful, powerful skater, great strength and balance... On that wrap around play Montreal is mentioning, he over powered the last defenseman to regain possession of the puck, what led to a very good scoring chance he created by his own, that was a Joel Armia kind of power move...

Maybe his offensive skills arent high enough for top 6 duties, but I really like his chances to become a very valuable bottom line player... He reminds me a bit of Poehling in the sense that both are powerful skaters with great size and strength, both are smart dymanic north south fowards playing with a very high pace...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Let's hope Olofsson gains some confidence from this. He has so many tools to work with.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Anyone who watch this kid's games ? He seems like he's been to put his name on the scoresheet more often recently, how is he playing ?
Do we still consider him De La Rose v2.0 or there is more upside in his game ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone who watch this kid's games ? He seems like he's been to put his name on the scoresheet more often recently, how is he playing ?
Do we still consider him De La Rose v2.0 or there is more upside in his game ?

too early to say, he started off poorly but has gotten hot in the last 10 so we'll see if he can keep it up as he started hot last year and then went on a massive slump.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We've really liked the DLR, Vejdemo, Engqvist, Bonk Jr. type. Let's hope Olofsson isn't another one.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Olofsson seems to be taking a baby step forward this year. I'm assuming he is going to play in the WJC again this year? Not expecting much from him but maybe he can be a effective 4th line center down the road

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Olofsson seems to be taking a baby step forward this year. I'm assuming he is going to play in the WJC again this year? Not expecting much from him but maybe he can be a effective 4th line center down the road

He is a lock for the U20 team. Might end up playing on one of their top lines as the Swedish centers aren't the greatest. Their defense and wingers on the other hand..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He is a lock for the U20 team. Might end up playing on one of their top lines as the Swedish centers aren't the greatest. Their defense and wingers on the other hand..

Kind of figured he would be in that tournament again. But did not know they lack good players at center. Will be interesting to see what he can do with talent around him.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
oYdsc1OU_bigger.jpeg
Norrans Hockeyblogg‏ @Hockeyblogg 9h9 hours ago
Follow Follow @Hockeyblogg Following Following @Hockeyblogg Unfollow Unfollow @Hockeyblogg Blocked Blocked @Hockeyblogg Unblock Unblock @Hockeyblogg Pending Pending follow request from @Hockeyblogg Cancel Cancel your follow request to @Hockeyblogg
More
  • Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
Oerhört tråkiga besked. Jacob Olofsson missar JVM på grund av en skada ha ådrog sig under en av veckans träningar. #skeaik #JVM

I can't speak Swedish - hope he's ready in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad