Confirmed with Link: Jacob Larsson signs extension (2 years, $1.2M AAV)

Section411

Jun 25, 2015
Meridian, Idaho
Honestly i think we’ll be lucky if he can manage to be a decent enough bottom pairing defenseman for us. Not a lot of hope in him at this point personally.

I agree with you, our hopes for this guy are not high at the moment. But he is still young, and traditionally defensemen take more time to develop. This next year will be a make it or break it type year for him I feel. Especially with Mahura and Benoit right behind him in San Diego.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Jacob Larsson was the 27th pick in the draft. If he becomes a solid bottom pairing defenseman for us long term, that's fine value for where he was drafted.
All very true. Alot of teams would call getting a reliable 3rd pair guy the perfect value with the #27th pick.

I'd call the Ducks 2015 draft the weakest in the Madden era if i had to pick one year that didn't go as well especially because it was the 1st or 2nd deepest draft of the 2010 decade.
2017 the Ducks were missing a 1st but still managed to find Comtois and Badini could still turn out to be a decent 4th liner.
Terry is the only great thing about the 2015 draft. Nattinen busting is very disappointing to me still. Larsson is a meh 3rd pairing guy atm.
2014 they turned 4 out of the 5 picks into NHLers. 2013 Theodore has turned out to be the best offensive OFD the Madden era has drafted.

2016 was the Jones, Steel & Mahura draft. 2018 was the Lundestrom & Dostal draft. 2012 the Lindholm & Andersen draft.
2011 The Rakell/Gibson/Karlsson/Manson draft. 2010 the Fowler/Wagner/Heed draft. Pelley & Etem busted.
2009 the Palmieri/Vatanen draft. 2008 the Gardiner/Schultz draft.

Reactions: Section411

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
So the first round pick is -30 after 150 NHL games, over 3 seasons. At what point do you call this pick a bust? Or is it a pride issue with GMBM's choice - doing all he can to provide opportunity for success?

How many more, BM? Driving this team into the ground is easy for you. Hell, you're going to retire a rich, rich manning any case.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
So the first round pick is -30 after 150 NHL games, over 3 seasons. At what point do you call this pick a bust? Or is it a pride issue with GMBM's choice - doing all he can to provide opportunity for success?

How many more, BM? Driving this team into the ground is easy for you. Hell, you're going to retire a rich, rich manning any case.
So dramatic. Where's my fainting couch.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I was actually mad when I saw this :laugh:

he’s just not very good. Sadly, injuries derailed his development
I don't even know if it's injuries - Larsson just doesn't seem to have NHL-level instincts. Usually good hockey IQ can salvage a below-average skillset, but Larsson makes some real boneheaded plays that can't be attributed purely to injuries.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't even know if it's injuries - Larsson just doesn't seem to have NHL-level instincts. Usually good hockey IQ can salvage a below-average skillset, but Larsson makes some real boneheaded plays that can't be attributed purely to injuries.
Exactly. You just never see any indication of offensive flair. He just has no feel for the game and always appears to be under duress. He’s just a poor hockey player

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Exactly. You just never see any indication of offensive flair. He just has no feel for the game and always appears to be under duress. He’s just a poor hockey player

Does anyone remember what Larssons draft preview was? What was his projection to be? I just remember him being labeled as a smooth skating defenseman, but that’s it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Meh, not a good player but we have loads of cap space coming up and he’s nothing more than the 7D when healthy so this is relatively inconsequential.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Does anyone remember what Larssons draft preview was? What was his projection to be? I just remember him being labeled as a smooth skating defenseman, but that’s it.
Well, according to HF, the scouting indicated he would be a good all-around defenseman with an "attentive" offensive game (lol), a good stick with and without the puck (lol).

I seem to recall something about how he would top out as a Lindholm-lite, but that may have been just some pretty optimistic projections from random fans.

Reactions: dracom

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

"Developing Swedish defender with size, strong North-South leg drive, a long reach, and first pass break out capability. A work in progress who needs to fill in and to improve his skating stride."

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
"Developing Swedish defender with size, strong North-South leg drive, a long reach, and first pass break out capability. A work in progress who needs to fill in and to improve his skating stride."
vWQSvUF.gif

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
A low first rounder, that became what a lot low first rounder become. He was a project and never left this status.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

What are you going on about? Drafting under BM has been great. Larsson is an exception.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad