Player Discussion Jacob De La Rose II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
:laugh:......be real man!!!!

Urquhart, Fisher, Tinordi and Kristo combined NHL goal totals are a grand total of ZERO!!!!!.......COMBINED!!!!

DLR is third in goal scoring from his second round draft round alone......exagerrations are on the menu today it would seem lol
giphy.gif

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
One of the best parts of the Plekanec trade was DLR getting more ice time.

I have nothing but respect for Plek and was a huge fan of him here, but DLR can do his job way cheaper and has room to improve while Plek is just going to get worse.

I don't want Pleks or DLR as my 3rd line c. Not enough offense for today's game. But yes, DLR over Plekanec for 4th line C.

Reactions: get25

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Sure, don't put Galchenyuk with DeLaRose next season, he just got 12 points in his last 14 games and only -2 since playing with him...

Emotive fans want young players, but not the ones we have, even when they show they can do the job. DeLaRose is still only 22. Will never understand the negativism here.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I don't want Pleks or DLR as my 3rd line c. Not enough offense for today's game. But yes, DLR over Plekanec for 4th line C.
I like the idea of a 4th line with Deslauriers - DLR - BigMac.
All the likes of Froese, Shaw and other 4th liners are not needed.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Sure, don't put Galchenyuk with DeLaRose next season, he just got 12 points in his last 14 games and only -2 since playing with him...

Emotive fans want young players, but not the ones we have, even when they show they can do the job. DeLaRose is still only 22. Will never understand the negativism here.
DLR would need a pace of 40-45 points to be on top-6.
Scherback on the other hand...

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
DLR would need a pace of 40-45 points to be on top-6.
Scherback on the other hand...
As i previously noted, DeLaRose, in his last 14 games is on 47 points pace in 82 games with no PP time. Yes it's only 14 games in a lost season, but it's a very positive sign and he is doing it at even strenght since he plays with better wingers.

Reactions: 417 and get25

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
One of the best parts of the Plekanec trade was DLR getting more ice time.

I have nothing but respect for Plek and was a huge fan of him here, but DLR can do his job way cheaper and has room to improve while Plek is just going to get worse.
Under no circumstances whatsover must Bergy bring back Plecks for the 2018 season to fill a No. 3 centerman role regardless if he accepts $3M per season for 2 or 3 seasons home discount. DeLaRose is a bruising potential No. 3 centerman IF he is given a kick in the butt before every game by someone like Chris Nilan. The same goes for Michael McCarron and Nicolas Deslauriers. Both are tall capable fighters and could be groomed to be effective centermen.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If you expect the majority of late 1st round pick to be a success and every 2nd round pick, you'll be mightily disappointed in EVERY team's drafting.
Not every team doing bad as often as Canadiens in late first pick and 2nd pick. If you're happy one good year pick every 10 years, I desagree.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
2018 Season begins with:

Top Line
LW Drouin
C Habs' No. 6 Draft Pick overall
RW Chucky

2nd Line
LW Patches
C Danault
RW Gally

3rd Line
LW Byron
C DeLaRose
RW Sherbak

4th Line
LW Letkonen
C McCarron
RW Andrew Shaw

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not every team doing bad as often as Canadiens in late first pick and 2nd pick. If you're happy one good year pick every 10 years, I desagree.

Timmins track record for 1st round picks when we don't make the playoffs:

2004 - Chipchura - bust
2005 #5 overall
2006 - Fischer - bust
2007 - Pacioretty - success
2008 no 1st
2009 - Leblanc - bust
2010 - Tinordi - but
2011 - Beaulieu - bust
2012 #3 overall
2013 - McCarron - bust
2014 - Scherbak - success
2015 - Juulsen - success
2016 #9
2017 - Poehling - too early to tell

I think he's redeemed himself with Scherbak and Juulsen. He's 3 for 9. If Poehling makes it, he'll be 4 for 10. Some will argue it's too early to tell with Scherbak and Juulsen. I'd be shocked if Scherbak isn't top 6 and Juulsen isn't top 4. 3 for 9 is probably about average. For example, Nashville has only had their 1st rounder four times from 2003 to 2015 when they didn't make the playoffs. They're 1 for 4. Their only success was Radulov at #15. It's too early to call for 2016 and 2017, but if Tolvanen makes it, they'll be 2 for 5, the same percentage as us if Poehling makes it.

As for his 1sts when don't make the playoffs, he's killed it, going 4 for 5.

2003 - Kostistsyn - bust
2005 - Price - success
2007 - McDonagh - success
2012 - Galchenyuk - success
2016 - Sergachev - success

I did a similar analysis with 2nd round picks I'll look it up and post later.

I think people focus on the busts too much. There will be more busts than success for late 1st round picks.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
2018 Season begins with:

Top Line
LW Drouin
C Habs' No. 6 Draft Pick overall
RW Chucky

2nd Line
LW Patches
C Danault
RW Gally

3rd Line
LW Byron
C DeLaRose
RW Sherbak

4th Line
LW Letkonen
C McCarron
RW Andrew Shaw

Scherbak should be in the top 6, imo. He'll thrive with the opportunity.

Lehkonen and Hudon over DLR in the top 9.

There's no center project to be 6th best player available at number 6 overall. Gotta take the best player available instead of trying to fill a need, as we did with Tinordi and McCarron.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will never understand the negativism here.

Is this a f***ing joke? You don't understand the negativism? You would have to be f***ing Pejorative Slured to not understand why this board is so negative. This could end up being the WORST Habs season points wise since they started playing more then 50 games in the '40's. 10.5M contract over the next 8 years on a goalie that is having his worst season ever. I could go on but I'd be wasting my time as there's no way someone can't see why people are so pissed off at this team.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
As i previously noted, DeLaRose, in his last 14 games is on 47 points pace in 82 games with no PP time. Yes it's only 14 games in a lost season, but it's a very positive sign and he is doing it at even strenght since he plays with better wingers.

Unless a player is elite he's going to go through some severe hot/cold streaks. So if a player is going to finish with 30 points, when he's on a hot streak he's going to have to put up a 50 point pace just to balance out the times he gets 2 point in 14 games.

So what this hot streak is really showing is that he might be a 30 point player. That said confidence/consistency has always been his biggest problem (And it wasn't helped by the the AHL/NHL yo-yo development path he was on), so hopefully he can maintain his hot streak till the end of the season and gain a little confidence going into next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I love those "on pace" analysis. Means nothing. And you say it yourself. Only 14 games IN a lost season. When no teams take us for serious. When there's actually no pressure. When kids get more icetime than they should. What he is doing is positive. But in NO WAY should you go as far as analyzing the pace for next season based on what you are seein gnow. Again, what DLR is doing is buying a ticket to next preseason. NO idea why people want to use that.

I guess it's to try to prove a point. Yet, for players we send away that do great, I do know that the same people would say how it means nothing, as it's them doing great in a losing cause etc...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Is this a ****ing joke? You don't understand the negativism? You would have to be ****ing ******ed to not understand why this board is so negative. This could end up being the WORST Habs season points wise since they started playing more then 50 games in the '40's. 10.5M contract over the next 8 years on a goalie that is having his worst season ever. I could go on but I'd be wasting my time as there's no way someone can't see why people are so pissed off at this team.

25 years of averageness doesn't seem to be enough. Hence the Leafs are way worst. We should then be happy to just a NHL team....lol

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Is this a ****ing joke? You don't understand the negativism? You would have to be ****ing ******ed to not understand why this board is so negative. This could end up being the WORST Habs season points wise since they started playing more then 50 games in the '40's. 10.5M contract over the next 8 years on a goalie that is having his worst season ever. I could go on but I'd be wasting my time as there's no way someone can't see why people are so pissed off at this team.

We were told by the same negative fans here that this goalie was the only reason the team was winning under Therrien. So you all agreed that Price was the cornerstone of this franchise and now you blame Bergevin for the contract he gave him? Was he the best in the world or not? Emotive fans cannot change their tune like that when things go wrong. You cannot blame him for this contract, you were all agreeing that Price was everything for this team. Emotive fans have no reasons to be pissed off now. Bergevin secured the goalie they were all praising as the only reason for the relative success this team had.

The most important thing is that we are now passed the 2005-2007 pseudo core some thought was good enough to contend for a cup. This is not MB's fault. There was a draft hole between 2008 and 2011 that did not allow MB to reach the critical mass of talent needed. Look at Dallas, they got Radulov with Benn and Séguin and they will miss the playoffs. The Habs were not close enough to be contenders even with Radulov, Markov, Subban instead of Weber and Sergachev instead of Drouin. You need to lose before winning in this league and this year is our year, and maybe next year too. But the team has a good basis with many good young players, a solid pipeline that will only get stronger after the next draft with a top-7 pick and at least six top-70 picks to add to our four top-70 picks from last year and bright late picks like Fleury and Primeau. The future is bright, fans just need to calm down.

Reactions: Theodore450

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We were told by the same negative fans here that this goalie was the only reason the team was winning under Therrien. So you all agreed that Price was the cornerstone of this franchise and now you blame Bergevin for the contract he gave him? Was he the best in the world or not? Emotive fans cannot change their tune like that when things go wrong. You cannot blame him for this contract, you were all agreeing that Price was everything for this team. Emotive fans have no reasons to be pissed off now. Bergevin secured the goalie they were all praising as the only reason for the relative success this team had.

The most important thing is that we are now passed the 2005-2007 pseudo core some thought was good enough to contend for a cup. This is not MB's fault. There was a draft hole between 2008 and 2011 that did not allow MB to reach the critical mass of talent needed. Look at Dallas, they got Radulov with Benn and Séguin and they will miss the playoffs. The Habs were not close enough to be contenders even with Radulov, Markov, Subban instead of Weber and Sergachev instead of Drouin. You need to lose before winning in this league and this year is our year, and maybe next year too. But the team has a good basis with many good young players, a solid pipeline that will only get stronger after the next draft with a top-7 pick and at least six top-70 picks to add to our four top-70 picks from last year and bright late picks like Fleury and Primeau. The future is bright, fans just need to calm down.

The reason fans rip on his contract even if he carried us in past seasons it's because we want to change directions and actually have management build a hockey team based on strong C depth and good D transition not "if price plays well we win if not we lose".

Having a goalie as your highest paid player is a problem. Its bergevins fault that price had so much leverage and ended up getting rear ended in contract negotiations. The contract is horrid and even if price rebounds with a good season it's all for nothing in the grand scheme of things since we desperately need a scorched rebuild from management down to the players

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Danault and DLR should be our 3rd and 4th center next year...
100% this and 2 people not on the roster (unless one is Chucky) should be our 1st & 2nd centers

Unless the 'plan' is to rebuild and get more high draft picks, then pencil them/Drouin as the top 6 Cs again

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have a feeling our centre position is going to look like this next year:

1. Stastny/ Player X
2. Danault
3. Plekanec
4. DLR/Froese

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
That’s a negative way of looking at it, we don’t all have to have similar opinions. Nice to see you personally attack somebody after they give their thoughts. Your a cool cat. Enjoy hating

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
The reason fans rip on his contract even if he carried us in past seasons it's because we want to change directions and actually have management build a hockey team based on strong C depth and good D transition not "if price plays well we win if not we lose".

Having a goalie as your highest paid player is a problem. Its bergevins fault that price had so much leverage and ended up getting rear ended in contract negotiations. The contract is horrid and even if price rebounds with a good season it's all for nothing in the grand scheme of things since we desperately need a scorched rebuild from management down to the players
Having a goalie like that is the basis for winning. You don’t trade assets you hope to regain in the draft. Rinne; Lou, brodeur, king Hank. All goalies still good in their 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad