Player Discussion Jacob De La Rose II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think he always did pretty good when given a chance with skilled players. Don't think he's anywhere close to a long term solution in the top 6, but I'm at a point where I'd be fine to give him an entire year in the bottom six and not re-sign Plekanec for cheap in the summer, something I advocated for when he got traded.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think he always did pretty good when given a chance with skilled players. Don't think he's anywhere close to a long term solution in the top 6, but I'm at a point where I'd be fine to give him an entire year in the bottom six and not re-sign Plekanec for cheap in the summer, something I advocated for when he got traded.

Dont see you around as much, or maybe Im wrong about that. Always like your observations.

I see a bit of possible replay with Eller, just hope and do believe CJ is smarter.

I never pushed for Eller as a 2C, I did really believe that Eller should have had one skilled winger as I thought he had the ability to get that 3rd line to kick in those 45 goals or so that I think we need from that line given the way the NHL is with the low scoring, and our lack or 2 top end lines.

I tjink guys like Froese and Logan Shaw are limited and want DLR yo have that chance as I think he could surprise a bit.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Dont see you around as much, or maybe Im wrong about that. Always like your observations.

I see a bit of possible replay with Eller, just hope and do believe CJ is smarter.

I never pushed for Eller as a 2C, I did really believe that Eller should have had one skilled winger as I thought he had the ability to get that 3rd line to kick in those 45 goals or so that I think we need from that line given the way the NHL is with the low scoring, and our lack or 2 top end lines.

I tjink guys like Froese and Logan Shaw are limited and want DLR yo have that chance as I think he could surprise a bit.

Eller has offensive upside, he just lacks the hockey sense to be a consistent point getter. He has tunnel vision and is out there working in his own tunnel.

I don't see the comparison with DLR. I've never seen DLR display the offensive tools Eller has displayed.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Eller has offensive upside, he just lacks the hockey sense to be a consistent point getter. He has tunnel vision and is out there working in his own tunnel.

I don't see the comparison with DLR. I've never seen DLR display the offensive tools Eller has displayed.

I think our 3rd line needs to have some offensive punch in it thats all. Doesnt attach to just DLR. Thought that Eller should have had that when he was 3C and that applies to now, whoever is the 3C, but I want DLR yo het a good audition there.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

For me, it's not about how they play the game. It's more about what kind of role they are taking on (And not only about the position).

De La Rose is a big center....Can play well defensively.
In the last 13 games, he got 7 even strenght points.
That goes with 40 hits...Deslauriers has 44 but closest forward after that got 26 hits.

Like Eller, it's not about offensive skills...their main skill is to create time and space which lead to offensive production.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
One thing that we have to remember about Plekanec is that he got a lot of playtime and still wasn't producing all that much anymore. I think that giving De La Rose the amount of ice time he's getting now next year, he could come close to Plekanec's number 30-35pts.

Also, from the eye-test it seems he's close to the level of effectiveness of Plekanec in terms of defensive play, at least recently.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
So like is this Galchenyuk-DLR-Lehkonen line a thing?
Honestly I'm hoping that we go into next year with that as our third line. That would show that we have good depth heading into next year...

For instance...
Drouin-Acquired Centre-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Galchenyuk-De La Rose-Lehkonen
Byron-Deslauriers-Shaw

it's not beautiful, but it's an improvement.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Honestly I'm hoping that we go into next year with that as our third line. That would show that we have good depth heading into next year...

For instance...
Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Byron-Deslauriers-Shaw

Because we should keep wasting Galchenyuk with De La Rose and Lehkonen. At this point, just trade him.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If DLR develops into a 30 point player! Embrace it! I like his game!

30 points from the 4th line would be great. I don't want him in the top 9. Carr and Deslaurier have great chemistry together, as we saw on a few shifts tonight. If he can learn to play with them, that would be great

Reactions: Tyson

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

For instance...
Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Byron-Deslauriers-Shaw

sure it's an improvement for the 3rd line, but damn the 2nd line is weak there

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m so happy to see him playing with more skilled players and showing some confidence. Reminds me of his AHL debut when it took him awhile to get comfortable and start producing more offence. He’s the kind of player that plays D first and O second i.e. Julien hard on player.

Can see him being 3rd line centre next year unless we sign 2 centres then he’d slot into 4th line for now.

UFA signing (Stastny/Tavares)
Danault
DLR
AHL scrub

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

You mean DLR is worse that Eller in offensive skills and hockey vision?

I think DLR is just another bad draft pik as McCarron, Urqhart, Fisher, Tinordi and Kristo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

I think DLR is just another bad draft pik as McCarron, Urqhart, Fisher, Tinordi and Kristo.
:laugh:......be real man!!!!

Urquhart, Fisher, Tinordi and Kristo combined NHL goal totals are a grand total of ZERO!!!!!.......COMBINED!!!!

DLR is third in goal scoring from his second round draft round alone......exagerrations are on the menu today it would seem lol

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Kid is looking good. You gotta admit. He plays hard and has the speed & skill to keep up... probably not going to drive a line but he opens up space. I'm glad we have been patient (and by we I don't mean you bunch of bashing hfboarders who would have traded him for a jock strap after his 1st AHL shift!!)

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

If you expect the majority of late 1st round pick to be a success and every 2nd round pick, you'll be mightily disappointed in EVERY team's drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad