Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
My scouting scoring card on Jacob Bernard-Docker 1-10 above 6 top 2 NHL pairing dmen

-Passing 5
-Offensive zone and power play -6
-Defense -4
-Supporting cycle offensive zone -6
-Hockey IQ -6
-Skating -6
-Shooting: wrist shot - 8 other array of shot 4 in total 6
Sum it up. Jacob Bernard-Docker is 5.5 in my books and very close as potential top two pair defenseman

Reactions: Akrapovince

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What are the chances JBD plays for Team Canada And joins the Sens after his college season ends?

How many college years did Makar do?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What are the chances JBD plays for Team Canada And joins the Sens after his college season ends?

How many college years did Makar do?

Makar played 2 full seasons in the NCAA.

JBD aint Makar though, I wouldn't anticipate him jumping straight into the NHL. Even if he leaves college after this season we're probably looking at a season or two in Belleville before he's ready to make the jump.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m told the Sens are disappointed JBD opted for UND this year. There is some simmering concern about his intentions. Nothing major at this point but the window to sign him will be down to next offseason only and there is awareness it might become a problem. I’m not saying he will get traded but if he is included in a deal for a young controllable player it won’t be a huge shock. He is one of my favourite prospects so I am worried.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I’m told the Sens are disappointed JBD opted for UND this year. There is some simmering concern about his intentions. Nothing major at this point but the window to sign him will be down to next offseason only and there is awareness it might become a problem. I’m not saying he will get traded but if he is included in a deal for a young controllable player it won’t be a huge shock. He is one of my favourite prospects so I am worried.

Told from whom? If he likes the school, likes his teammates/coaches and wants a chance to win it all in a year where UND might be favorites, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Well that sucks.

He didn’t look ready for the NHL when play stopped last season but with this extended offseason he could have really transformed his body. Hopefully they’re able to sign him after this season.

I certainly understand wanting to stick around UND rather than go to the AHL.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Told from whom? If he likes the school, likes his teammates/coaches and wants a chance to win it all in a year where UND might be favorites, I don't see anything wrong with that.
Someone in the org told me a few weeks ago. It’s always worrisome when a high end NCAA prospect plays their Junior year. They start seeing one more year to UFA. Like I said the team is only disappointed at this point. I am worried.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Someone in the org told me a few weeks ago. It’s always worrisome when a high end NCAA prospect plays their Junior year. They start seeing one more year to UFA. Like I said the team is only disappointed at this point. I am worried.

100% should be concern to some degree, especially when Ottawa is planning on icing a roster of young guns.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Well hopefully it's nothing. The Sens aren't very good at developing d-men so this would sting a lot.

Reactions: GCK

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not great news ... but think he’s our 3rd best defensive prospect ... could be 4th by tomorrow.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Interesting for sure. I really don't think it's a huge issue, we've known for a while now that he and Pinto decided to go back to UND after they felt they had some unfinished business with the season cut short. He's a Canadian kid from Alberta, I don't see why he wouldn't want to come over and have a fairly big role with the team and getting paired with some good defensemen. He's a good fit here and the team reached to grab him where they did, I would assume there is some mutual respect between both sides.

If I was a betting man I'd say he signs and potentially comes straight to the NHL next season. His decision wss basically either going to Belleville or staying at UND. UND will have a strong team and they'll be pushing hard for a title, I can understand his rationale for wanting to stay there as it seems like a tight knit group and he'll be able to stay there with his friends.

They'll have conversations with him, I assume it's more of a "There's more risk now" type of situation and the team wants to make sure their bet in taking him pays off down the line. Even though it might be a nothing situation it can raise some red flags.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
He’d be the A prospect in a 1st + A prospect for young NHL player.
Which young player does that land us? To me, JBD is worth a pick in the 15-20 range on his own, so I assume that is a pretty good NHL prospect coming back.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Forgive me if I’m not buying what you are selling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad