Jackman - is there a scenario where St. Louis retires his #5

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Continue the tradition and give the number to Lindbohm (assuming Jackman isn't on the team). Lindbohm wears 4 for Chicago, and isn't that Gunnarsson's number? Lindbohm stated that Jackman plays the exact style of game that he models his after. Makes too much sense.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
gonna post it here.

No. 5
Our cameras shadowed Barret Jackman for 24 hours leading up to his 780th career game.
2/19/2015 22:15 Mins

[nhl]757264[/nhl]

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
gonna post it here.

No. 5
Our cameras shadowed Barret Jackman for 24 hours leading up to his 780th career game.
2/19/2015 22:15 Mins

[nhl]757264[/nhl]

That was a cool video. No matter what somebody thinks about his play, we've all got to admire his commitment to the team.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Cool video. Jumping off topic, what the deal with Fabbri making a random appearance in the video? I guess he's rehabbing in town?

Yep. I think JK and Panger talked about it a little during the last couple games. He has been recovering in STL, and went on the last road trip with the team (to Florida) to get a feel for what NHL hockey is like.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well I think the Blues are probably planning on Fabbri making the team next season. It kinda works out (you know what I mean) that he's hurt and is able to do this, but I don't think the Blues would be doing this with just any prospect if they didn't feel he was on the verge of being an NHL'er.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
loved that 'HBO 24' approach :D
his son Cayden scored on Jax & Jax's said 'post and in, Tarasenko'
Oshio's cereal product placement
Oshie fav player
Fabbri cameo
Jbo's uncomfortable undressing
Berglund's nickname is Berta :D

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
loved that 'HBO 24' approach :D
his son Cayden scored on Jax & Jax's said 'post and in, Tarasenko'
Oshio's cereal product placement
Oshie fav player
Fabbri cameo
Jbo's uncomfortable undressing
Berglund's nickname is Berta :D

I know fans are down on Bergie alot, but watching that you can tell that guy is a pretty popular teammate.

Jeeper

Mar 30, 2009
St Louis "Area"
Just don't see them retiring the 5. Best case is a shared honor...Plager/Ramage/Jackman (and others)....and I'm far, far from being a "Hater"...in fact, I find a whole lot of value in Jax, and how he plays the game.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Really liked that video, I love the HBO 24 behind the scenes stuff with any team. Funny how we hear those comments Stastny made, and you hear Jax say it in there "Everyone needs to stop pouting and play."

Also regarding the actual topic, I don't see it being retired. I see him being a front office guy in the MacInnis role.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm gonna be fully suprised if Jackman retire after this season 'boy' is still 33 years old. Also this, begin this season I was bit nonbeliever about Jackaman. How he has played compare to autumn and now, I could give him *clap clap*, I think he is the only Dmen our roster + Shattery who has keep own level or improved how season has go. I'm just guessing, but I think Jax pair need to be guy who can handle puck more, somehing like Židlický not Cole with woodhands

I loved that video and I kind of saw Jax soft side. :)

So Berie Federko is still ahead leading most played games as a Blue 927GP.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
Yeah, getting back on topic literally no chance his number gets retired. I really enjoy having him on the team though, I think he's a very effective third paring guy and PKer as long as he's not paired with another stone-handed guy like Polak. It's going to be very interesting to see if they try to resign him in the offseason.

TheSilverSkeeter

Sponsor
Oct 27, 2011
STL
I'm generally against retiring numbers, so I see no reason to consider it. But the Blues seem pretty sentimental about their players, so I could see it being done if he meets the following requirements when he retires: lifetime Blue, all-time leader in games played for the Blues, part of the first Cup winner.

And if that last thing happens, they could retire all the remaining numbers and play with letters instead for all I'd care.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
If he passes Bernie's game mark and wins a cup with us then I could see it happening.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know fans are down on Bergie alot, but watching that you can tell that guy is a pretty popular teammate.

Yeah, him and Oshie are (or were) really close friends. I think it was the two of them who had MPS out a lot the first summer when he got to St. Louis so it would seem he's a pretty good guy to have around.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Continue the tradition and give the number to Lindbohm (assuming Jackman isn't on the team). Lindbohm wears 4 for Chicago, and isn't that Gunnarsson's number? Lindbohm stated that Jackman plays the exact style of game that he models his after. Makes too much sense.

I would agree with this. Kind of a modern day Plager/Jackman combo. Love his game as well as Jackman's. Geez, if Jackman would've only been 6'3" tall. Oh my.... Always liked the guy. He is what he is and outplayed his talent with heart. Last night reminded me of when someone decided to run chopper in one of Jackman's first games. Jackman didn't hesitate either, nor has he in his career. That kind of attitude is catching. I had no doubts we were going to win the game after that happened.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Always been a Jackman fan after I saw him pummel a much bigger guy in a fight in Hartford when he was with Worcester.

Wouldn't retire his number though. An all-time Blue, but not an immortal.

Also - don't see any way that the Blues bring him back next year. We've got Bouwmeester, Gunnarson, Cole and Lindbolm on the left side. Full house and they need the cap space.

Need one more RHD

Captain America*

Always been a Jackman fan after I saw him pummel a much bigger guy in a fight in Hartford when he was with Worcester.

Wouldn't retire his number though. An all-time Blue, but not an immortal.

Also - don't see any way that the Blues bring him back next year. We've got Bouwmeester, Gunnarson, Cole and Lindbolm on the left side. Full house and they need the cap space.

Need one more RHD

Jackman's not going anywhere.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I could see a few scenarios that would lead to Jackman getting his number retired by the Blues.

1. Jackman retires a life-long Blue, holding the franchise record for games-played, and Cup Champ.
2. Jackman leads the Blues to an Islanders-like run of 4 Cup championships, collecting at least one Conn Smythe award along the way.
3. Don't really want to post this...but...an unfathomable Bob Gassoff scenario.

Other than that...can't see him being more than 'honored', ala #7.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I remember going to a River Otters game back during the lockout and getting to see Jackman play for them. Some guy on the other team decided to pick a fight with an Otters player, that player turned out to be Jackman and the look on the guys face when he realized he was about to fight an NHLer was priceless. That memory is one of the reasons Jackman will always be one of my favorites

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad