Post-Game Talk: Jackets @ Sens Nov. 19 The Get 2 Points Edition

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I'm scared for Ryan, if the shoulder gets injured, it can stay with him throughout his career. This would really suck as he was playing extremely well.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Yeah Ryan is having a great season and is on pace for some great totals... confidence is high too, I hope he doesn't miss a lot of time

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It will probably hurt Karlssons ability to generate points at the rate he does without him, so come back soon Bobby.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It will probably hurt Karlssons ability to generate points at the rate he does without him, so come back soon Bobby.

Why are you so obsessed with Karlsson points? Lol Who cares unless you are his agent or something. I'd rather see him play better with less points than having more points and playing very average.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

This post.. so much wrong :laugh:

Hoping Bobby can collect himself quickly, but really, it looks pretty bad. You don't go down the tunnel like that for a day-to-day.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Our lack of depth is going to become very evident.
Big loss if he can't come back soon

We're extremely deep up front.
Some teams would have trouble absorbing the injury to MacArthur, letalone Ryan on top of that. We have two good offensive prospects to try out in their places, plus another 40 point winger in Michalek, plus JGP has got enough skill to move up for a bit and Chiasson is still young and has a 35 point season.

I'm sure there are teams where Puempel and Chiasson would be fighting over a top-6 job when the team is at full health.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Out of all the games to send your 6.5 240 pound bully defender a message,our coach had to choose this one:shakehead

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Shoulder to shoulder = blindside. Good to know.

Blindside can be shoulder to shoulder. All blindside means is from an angle that the person getting hit could not see you approach, and therefore was unable to protect himself.

Savard came from behind, Bobby turned as he made the pass, but he still never saw the hit coming.

Idk about a suspension, but it definately was a situation where you are suposed to let up, and not crush the guy. Puck was clearly gone, Ryan was unaware of the incoming hit, it was up against the boards. Dangerous situation all around.

Ryan should be more aware, but Savard took advantage of the fact that he wasn't and made a dangerous hit. Penalty was warranted.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Blindside can be shoulder to shoulder. All blindside means is from an angle that the person getting hit could not see you approach, and therefore was unable to protect himself.

Savard came from behind, Bobby turned as he made the pass, but he still never saw the hit coming.

Idk about a suspension, but it definately was a situation where you are suposed to let up, and not crush the guy. Puck was clearly gone, Ryan was unaware of the incoming hit, it was up against the boards. Dangerous situation all around.

Ryan should be more aware, but Savard took advantage of the fact that he wasn't and made a dangerous hit. Penalty was warranted.

Agreed, really sucks for Bobby he was playing really good this year. Hockey is a dangerous sport, always will be, but I wish player would be smarter sometimes, Savard had absolutely nothing to gain with that it, like none. It was cheap as far as I am concerned and it took out one of our best players, let's hope it's not too serious, I had a same kind of hit in junior and was out for 1 month.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
It was a good hit, just an unfortunate result. Savard did exactly what he was supposed to. Too bad Ryan got hurt.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty damn good game minus the two injuries. Was pretty pumped as my ticket rep upgraded me down to some real nice 100's at the blueline away end. Needless to say i had a blast and it was nice to see the team get a win and play decently throughout. Keep the fingers crossed for Bobby!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was a good hit, just an unfortunate result. Savard did exactly what he was supposed to. Too bad Ryan got hurt.

Funny, because if Boro or Cowen made that hit, we'd probably have half the forum complaining about how needless it was, and how he cost us any chance at winning the game with the penalty.

The fact that Ryan turns as he releases the puck doesn't change the fact that Savard was staring down his numbers the entire approach, and knew there was no way Ryan could protect himself. It was a dangerous hit, and I'm not surprised there was an injury.

Unfortunate results are when a guy goes down ackward. This was a predictable result. Guys need to let up a bit when they see numbers all the way. That hit had little benefit other than hurting Ryan. It didn't turn over the puck, he could have rubbed him out without going in full force. It was a hit to hurt (not injure, I don't think there was malace here) late in a game. He was trying to send a message that they weren't going to roll over, but imo crossed the line.

Othello*

It was a clean hit. Too bad Ryan got hurt but at least he's playing on Saturday.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We're extremely deep up front.
Some teams would have trouble absorbing the injury to MacArthur, letalone Ryan on top of that. We have two good offensive prospects to try out in their places, plus another 40 point winger in Michalek, plus JGP has got enough skill to move up for a bit and Chiasson is still young and has a 35 point season.

I'm sure there are teams where Puempel and Chiasson would be fighting over a top-6 job when the team is at full health.

Yah just not NHL teams

Sons-of-Anarchy-Series-Finale-Jax-Teller-Wasn-t-Hamlet-He-Was-Jesus-Christ-467407-4.jpg

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This post.. so much wrong :laugh:

Hoping Bobby can collect himself quickly, but really, it looks pretty bad. You don't go down the tunnel like that for a day-to-day.

Looks like Bobby is the exception to the rule. :handclap:

Pretty damn good game minus the two injuries. Was pretty pumped as my ticket rep upgraded me down to some real nice 100's at the blueline away end. Needless to say i had a blast and it was nice to see the team get a win and play decently throughout. Keep the fingers crossed for Bobby!

Well, I didn't feel very good about getting the two points seeing as Ryan seemed seriously injured, but knowing he's basically fine makes me retroactively enjoy the win much, much more. Oh, and Wier seems like he might be out for a few games so that's a positive as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad