GDT: Jackets host the Capitals -- 2/12/19 -- 7 PM @ Nationwide Arena

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Not exactly. I think isles are locked into a metro 1-3 seed, but I think Washington wins the division. CBJ, Carolina, or buffalo get the final wild card spot.

I disagree, but even if you were to look at it that way, if Buffalo catches us and it costs us a playoff spot, that means we would’ve been WC2 otherwise. Which isn’t much better anyway.

I still think we can win the division (if we win Thursday) and/or at least get a top-3 Metro spot. The Isles loss today helps the possibility of the former and, if we do end up 2nd/3rd, helps the chances of the Caps winning the division and the likelihood their our opponent.

ETA: Also, Rangers and Flyers are both losing in the 3rd and Panthers lost. Obviously, those teams are extreme, extreme long shots, but it doesn’t hurt.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts is concerned about our play at home.... He rarely tells the media his concerns....

The Jackets won't go anywhere if they don't play better at home...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I would love to see the Sabres beat the Pens for the final WC spot. That starving fanbase in Buffalo deserves something and no Pens in the playoffs finally would be welcomed!
Funny how time works.... 10 years ago if you posted that your head would be cut off.... Most here thought Buffalo and their fans where the devil.... hahahaha

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Torts is concerned about our play at home.... He rarely tells the media his concerns....

The Jackets won't go anywhere if they don't play better at home...

Sounds like a little psychological ploy from Torts in advance of Thursday to make sure the team doesn’t get their heads too big after tonight.

Reactions: Robert

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Funny how time works.... 10 years ago if you posted that your head would be cut off.... Most here thought Buffalo and their fans where the devil.... hahahaha
Well...I have a different POV. As a Cleveland Browns fan I remember the Bils were one of only two teams that voted against allowing Art Modell to move to Baltimore. They also welcomed Browns fans during our down time.

I also have friends who are starving Sabres fans and to see them finally excited after years in the desert is nice.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Caps PostGame still whining about the refs and the penalty calls! Give it a rest you got your a$$ beat!
Yeah I wanted to read and see if they would give us credit but instead I saw them assume we would be angry with the wilson hit on Andy which was clean so I wasnt here for that but i doubt you guys did, they were complaining the fans were doing the bird and talked about what losers we are then they finished with how its going to be funny when we lose Bob and Bread and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future and how Jarmo should be fired if he keeps everyone to win a playoff series.

Great guys...

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Yeah I wanted to read and see if they would give us credit but instead I saw them assume we would be angry with the wilson hit on Andy which was clean so I wasnt here for that but i doubt you guys did, they were complaining the fans were doing the bird and talked about what losers we are then they finished with how its going to be funny when we lose Bob and Bread and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future and how Jarmo should be fired if he keeps everyone to win a playoff series.

Great guys...

Worst fans in the league.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well...I have a different POV. As a Cleveland Browns fan I remember the Bils were one of only two teams that voted against allowing Art Modell to move to Baltimore. They also welcomed Browns fans during our down time.

I also have friends who are starving Sabres fans and to see them finally excited after years in the desert is nice.
Yeah. Outside of that one game at NWA, Buffalo fans overall are pretty great sports fans.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I would love to see the Sabres beat the Pens for the final WC spot. That starving fanbase in Buffalo deserves something and no Pens in the playoffs finally would be welcomed!
I actually want US to BEAT the Pens and exorcise that demon once and for all.

Reactions: Fro

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Flyers win. Other than CBJ win, worst case scenario day around the league.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don't know what it looked like on TV, but in the Arena, it NEVER felt like the Jackets were going to lose that game.
Love your confidence. We certainly dominated but at 1-0 I couldn’t help but think they were going to sneak one in on an odd man rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad