GDT: Jackets host the Capitals -- 2/12/19 -- 7 PM @ Nationwide Arena

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Flyers win. Other than CBJ win, worst case scenario day around the league.
giphy.gif

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Hell of an effort tonight. Way to get the two points Jackets. The crowd was celebrating like Kuznetzov down the stretch!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Flyers win. Other than CBJ win, worst case scenario day around the league.

Yes, if your only thought is the petrified fear that we'll miss the playoffs.

The two teams ahead of us in the division just lost. Does that factor into the equation at all? Or are you only measuring everything against the chances the Jackets get the 8th seed (which would suck)?

I actually want US to BEAT the Pens and exorcise that demon once and for all.

That's where I'm at. I'd like our cup run to be Pens, then Caps, then Tampa, then .... Nashville?

A first playoff series win will be all the sweeter against the Pens or the Caps.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

The two teams ahead of us in the division just lost. Does that factor into the equation at all? Or are you only measuring everything against the chances the Jackets get the 8th seed (which would suck)?

That's where I'm at. I'd like our cup run to be Pens, then Caps, then Tampa, then .... Nashville?

A first playoff series win will be all the sweeter against the Pens or the Caps.
A playoff series win is a win regardless of who it is. Just win one and go from there.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

The only positive is that there wasn’t overtime in the buffalo game. If you (and others) think we can catch Washington/NYI, then two games went in your favor today. I, however, am not one of those people.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The only positive is that there wasn’t overtime in the buffalo game. If you (and others) think we can catch Washington/NYI, then two games went in your favor today. I, however, am not one of those people.

I think it's a strong possibility (>20% chance) that the Jackets pass those two teams. Of course we can.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
We’re only two points behind Washington with four available points in hand. And if we beat the Isles Thursday, we’ll be three points behind them with two available points in hand. And we all know this team seems to have a tendency to go streaking.

Keep looking behind us. It’s fine. The east is so closely bunched, it would be silly NOT to. But don’t be afraid to look forward once in a while.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
That was a dominating game in the way that we used to be dominated by the Wings in the early years. outshot 3-1 legit scoring chances more like 7-1, and puck possession was in our favor the entire game. Bob was controlling, only had a # of bad rebounds. We played under control did not take bad penalties.. as I said that was the most complete game (good feeling game I have seen from the Union Blue). Very happy with the back 7, very happy with PLD, Cam, Boone, Ollie, Duc... Fans were rocking.. that was well done.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That was a dominating game in the way that we used to be dominated by the Wings in the early years. outshot 3-1 legit scoring chances more like 7-1, and puck possession was in our favor the entire game. Bob was controlling, only had a # of bad rebounds. We played under control did not take bad penalties.. as I said that was the most complete game (good feeling game I have seen from the Union Blue). Very happy with the back 7, very happy with PLD, Cam, Boone, Ollie, Duc... Fans were rocking.. that was well done.

Was it that loud there? On TV, it sounded like a funeral service.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Fans only seem to cheer when cued by Stinger's drum. Sigh...like Pavlov's dogs :(

It's funny my dad was at the game and said the exact opposite thing. I think it depends entirely on where you're sitting.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
We’re only two points behind Washington with four available points in hand. And if we beat the Isles Thursday, we’ll be three points behind them with two available points in hand. And we all know this team seems to have a tendency to go streaking.

Keep looking behind us. It’s fine. The east is so closely bunched, it would be silly NOT to. But don’t be afraid to look forward once in a while.

We’re closer in points percentage to the NYI than both CAR and BUF are to us. Further, it’s not like CAR or BUF are WSH/PIT. Further further, it’s not like NYI is either of those teams either. Further further further, we’re virtually guaranteed at this point to win the ROW tiebreaker over any team we’re competing with. We’re essentially 3.5 points ahead of CAR (with two games in hand), 4.5 ahead of Buffalo (with a game in hand) and 4.5 behind NYI (but we also have a game in hand).

I understand the natural pessimism but as crazy as it may seem, we’re the team with the most success, the team that’s proven the most and the team with the most experience in pressure situations, out of these four teams.

Of course, if we sell Panarin/Bob with minimal help now in return, all bets are off.

Reactions: CPTN71

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I understand the natural pessimism but as crazy as it may seem, we’re the team with the most success, the team that’s proven the most and the team with the most experience in pressure situations, out of these four teams.

In my case, I don't think of it as pessimism but rather fear -- rational or otherwise.

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay.....I don't want to put up a poll because its not that big of a deal. But when you were watching the game with 15 minutes left in the 3rd, with 12 minutes left, with 10 minutes left, with 8 minutes left, what were you thinking?

I watched so much bad hockey in the last decade, I still can't shake the feeling the tying goal was coming. I'm smart enough to know better. I know today has nothing to do with those days gone by. But I couldn't shake that feeling.

So what were you thinking;
A. The Jackets are going to score and salt this away.
B. It's only a matter of time before the Caps get the equalizer.
C. I think they will hang on and win 1-0

Mine was B. What say you??

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Okay.....I don't want to put up a poll because its not that big of a deal. But when you were watching the game with 15 minutes left in the 3rd, with 12 minutes left, with 10 minutes left, with 8 minutes left, what were you thinking?

I watched so much bad hockey in the last decade, I still can't shake the feeling the tying goal was coming. I'm smart enough to know better. I know today has nothing to do with those days gone by. But I couldn't shake that feeling.

It was definitely B for me. But the problem is, that’s not uniquely a “Jackets of old” trait. That’s been happening a lot under Torts, even with the team being much better.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Much like my comment above about the playoff race, I don't know that I was thinking B, but I was afraid of it.

Reactions: Fro

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Was forcing myself to think C, because I'm tired of living in fear. But B did occur to me every now and then.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Was forcing myself to think C, because I'm tired of living in fear. But B did occur to me every now and then.

I actually had thoughts of Option D which is really dark. Think about it from a Vegas perspective in the third period last Saturday night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I actually had a post written and ready to go based on C. But having done so, I was still being haunted by B. :nod:

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
What a difference a week makes!

Staring down a 3-game road trip and potential 8-game losing streak, and stuck on 59 points for what seemed like forever at this time last week.

Now we have a chance to get to 69 points tomorrow night and string together a 5-game winning streak. We are also 5-1 vs. the 2 Cup Final teams and have only allowed 9 goals to those two teams in SIX GAMES (with 7 of those 9 goals coming in 2 games). And have only allowed the Cup champions to score TWICE in the last 180 minutes + of hockey.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Yep, definitely was thinking B -- but at the same time I had a lot of hope that they could hang on based on how Bob was playing.

Bob looked like vintage regular season Bob last night.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I missed most of the game, caught some of the second and a little bit of the third. We have had some crazy weather this week and internet was spotty, then I got dragged into a school event for the kids :help:

Glad to see they finally figured out how to win a big game at home. Hope they keep playing strong, they are coming together at the right time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad