Post-Game Talk: Jackets def. Canucks - 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
is this club good at developing young talent?
I'd say average at best..but Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Hoglander, Horvat, Markstrom, Demko, Podkolzin seem to have developed fine..
Most players that didn't make it had some fundamental flaw to their game...

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I'd say average at best..but Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Hoglander, Horvat, Markstrom, Demko, Podkolzin seem to have developed fine..
Most players that didn't make it had some fundamental flaw to their game...

Boeser and Pettersson were all stars before they ever hit the ice in rogers arena. How can you say they developed if they’ve never improved since their rookie season?

Reactions: Peter10

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Boeser and Pettersson were all stars before they ever hit the ice in rogers arena. How can you say they developed if they’ve never improved since their rookie season?
Didnt Brock Boeser have a good season last season.?.There was considerable doubt he could ever skate again at the NHL pace after that back injury.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Didnt Brock Boeser have a good season last season.?.There was considerable doubt he could ever skate again at the NHL pace after that back injury.

I’d say he had a similar caliber season as he did in rookie year maybe a bit better on the defensive side. Point is when you have 3 Calder finalist and not a single one takes the next step there’s clearly something wrong with the development system. One guy can peak or be hindered by injures but 3?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’d say he had a similar caliber season as he did in rookie year maybe a bit better on the defensive side. Point is when you have 3 Calder finalist and not a single one takes the next step there’s clearly something wrong with the development system. One guy can peak or be hindered by injures but 3?
Hughes is back to his rookie season form ..so no....

Pettersson, I have no explanation...He went (practically overnight) from being a star player in the 2020 bubble to a virtual spectator on the ice ..I've never seen anything like it.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Pettersson, I have no explanation...He went (practically overnight) from being a star player in the 2020 bubble to a virtual spectator on the ice ..I've never seen anything like it.

So your counter to the argument that the young guys didn't improve is that 2 of 3 are sort of back to their rookie year level in their 3rd or 4th year? Maybe you definition of improvement differs from mine.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Back to Rookie form why not better? Around the league all the young players continuously get better yet ours stay the same? Why hasn’t a single one IMPROVED on their rookie self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad