Confirmed with Link: Jackets claim Corey Tropp off waivers

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Good banger, perfect energy guy, he likes to bang around. However, his awareness/vision is lacking especially when he is going for a hit. He will get smoked by a big hit from time to time. He also blew out his knee and head (concussion IIRC) and had not been quite the same guy he was this year as two years ago. Lat year was a lost cause rehabbing his knee. Dont expect and offense. He also got into a stick fight years ago so he does have an edge. Goes by the nickname of Milkbags

Likes to bang....Milkbags

Got it!:laugh:

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I'm hoping if he gets in a fight the announcers take advantage of the situation to call:

"Tropp, Hammer time."

Edit: and I'm NOT sorry

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Little cost to add an experienced fourth liner to upgrade from Collins. Tropp-Chaput-Skille might be a useful line until the injured forwards begin to return. If it doesn't work out, not much has been ventured.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This does absolutely nothing for me. Another 4th liner. Just what we need. Wasn't good enough for the Sabres, but good enough for us? I just don't see the point.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
This does absolutely nothing for me. Another 4th liner. Just what we need. Wasn't good enough for the Sabres, but good enough for us? I just don't see the point.

It could very easily be a temporary move until we get some of our injured players back. This helps keep the kids playing down in the AHL as opposed to coming up here and getting their ***** kicked. He already has NHL experience and he's basically a warm body that we will probably re-waive once we get our guys back, or he comes in, surprises everybody and kicks major ass and we got him for nothing.

It's not like we can get much worse... and if we do, then we're just guaranteed the number 2 overall pick when Edmonton jumps us again.

And who says I'm not optimistic?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
It could very easily be a temporary move until we get some of our injured players back. This helps keep the kids playing down in the AHL as opposed to coming up here and getting their ***** kicked. He already has NHL experience and he's basically a warm body that we will probably re-waive once we get our guys back, or he comes in, surprises everybody and kicks major ass and we got him for nothing.

It's not like we can get much worse... and if we do, then we're just guaranteed the number 2 overall pick when Edmonton jumps us again.

And who says I'm not optimistic?

Lol.

Yea, I see the logic behind it, but it does nothing for me. Maybe the guy is a pleasant surprise. Who knows.

dnmccoy

Nov 18, 2013
Columbus
I didnt think he looked too bad for his first game. I saw him have a few solid hits and he was always going for the puck .

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Looked pretty good last night. I was in a very bad mood at work yesterday, but the CBJ made me feel better after the win. Let's see what happens with this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad