Confirmed with Link: Jackets claim Corey Tropp off waivers

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
An upgrade over Collins. With the injuries, Tropp hopefully can fill in and provide speed.

When the team gets healthy again, the question is does Tropp get waived again? Or does Jenner get sent down because he doesn't haven't to pass through waivers?

Elum

Jan 30, 2013
He'll be a good pickup for you guys if he can get back to his form before getting injured.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
An upgrade over Collins. With the injuries, Tropp hopefully can fill in and provide speed.

When the team gets healthy again, the question is does Tropp get waived again? Or does Jenner get sent down because he doesn't haven't to pass through waivers?

I think it will shake down to how well Corey Tropp plays. He had a "decent" year for Buffalo last year, but has been abysmal this year. I think he's a Jack Skille type of guy.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm even more impressed with this acquisition when I saw that Buffalo waived him. Not like he's coming form the Bruins or Blackhawks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tropp provides energy and has a reckless fearlessness to his game that on one hand puts him in positions to make plays he shouldn't and on the other results in him getting lit up at least once per game. It'll be interesting to see what sort of role the Jackets cast him in.

He's also still wearing his facemask after his pre-season set-to in Toronto that started the whole Husqvarna Phil Kessel moment with John Scott.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@smitchcd: #CBJ claims F Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo. Expected to be in lineup on Friday vs. #Oilers, GM Jarmo Kekalainen said.”

“@smitchcd: #CBJ GM Kekalainen said Tropp was very much on his draft radar in '07. Likes his grit, versatility. Can play either wing, RH shot.”

“@RickBownessJr: .@CTropp25 will wear jersey No. 26 for the @BlueJacketsNHL #cbs J #JTB”

“@RobMixer: Kekalainen: “He’s a young kid that brings a lot to the table. We think he can help us now, and he has a chance to stick long-term.” #CBJ”

“@ryanreal: @RobMixer Corey Tropp also marks the ninth American on the #CBJ roster.”

“@AlisonL: And Newest Blue Jacket Corey Tropp is on twitter: @ctropp25 #CBJ”

“@smitchcd: Asked Todd Richards if fresh face (Tropp) could provide jolt to room that might need one. "We'll find out tomorrow," he said. #CBJ”

“@smitchcd: Richards not too familiar with Tropp, but "if Jarmo says there could be some potential in this guy, to me that says a lot."
#CBJ”

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Good banger, perfect energy guy, he likes to bang around. However, his awareness/vision is lacking especially when he is going for a hit. He will get smoked by a big hit from time to time. He also blew out his knee and head (concussion IIRC) and had not been quite the same guy he was this year as two years ago. Lat year was a lost cause rehabbing his knee. Dont expect and offense. He also got into a stick fight years ago so he does have an edge. Goes by the nickname of Milkbags

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
From reading through the Sabres thread, if their fans are as astute as those of us here :)sarcasm: ? ) it seems like about a 3 to 1 good riddance saying the guy has lost his game due to injuries and makes a boneheaded play or two every game.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@smitchcd: New #CBJ Corey Tropp said he took a liking to Columbus at '07 draft. "It's a really nice-looking city, really beautiful.That stood out."”

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hopefully he can be as good as our last waiver pickup Colton Gillies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad