Confirmed with Link: Jackets acquire Korpikoski for Heatherington

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm cool with it. My only concern is we have absolutely no defense prospects other than Carlsson and Gavrikov, and Gavrikov is a wild card. We need to stock up on some D prospects.
Carlsson, Gavrikov, Kukan, Peeke, Siebenaler, Vainio, Ruopp, Graves

Not a lot of top-end talent, but that's not necessary when you consider the ages of Werenski, Jones, Murray, and Savard.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'm cool with it. My only concern is we have absolutely no defense prospects other than Carlsson and Gavrikov, and Gavrikov is a wild card. We need to stock up on some D prospects.

You forgot about Peeke. I believe Heatherington is an RFA this summer, and I don't really see any room for him to grow/make the lineup here, so I don't mind giving him up for Korpikoski.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Not a lot of top-end talent, but that's not necessary when you consider the ages of Werenski, Jones, Murray, and Savard.

The only two guys I think have a possibility of being everyday NHLers is Carlsson and Gavrikov. Maybe Peeke, but the jury is still out there. We'll see

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
We have the youngest team in the league and have a handful of prospects already, so yes I would have traded a bunch of picks for an elite power play guy that pushed Murray to the pressbox. In case you hadn't noticed, our power play has been garbage for the last month.

Do I think we would have a slightly better chance of winning the Stanley Cup with Shattenkirk on our team? Yes. Do I think the odds increase enough to be worth giving up very valuable assets for him? No. I'm guessing this is the root of where we're not seeing eye-to-eye.

Realistically, I should just refer you to the numerous comments about windows, depth, etc.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
The only two guys I think have a possibility of being everyday NHLers is Carlsson and Gavrikov. Maybe Peeke, but the jury is still out there. We'll see
How can you say an 18 year old that was just drafted in the 2nd round doesn't have a possibility of being an every day NHLer? I mean, I'm not enamored with Peeke, but he's got the size and the tools necessary..

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Do I think we would have a slightly better chance winning the Stanley Cup with Shattenkirk on our team? Yes. Do I think the odds increase enough to be worth giving up very valuable assets for him? No. I'm guessing this is the root of where we're not seeing eye-to-eye.

Realistically, I should just refer you to the numerous comments about windows, depth, etc.

Korpikoski gives Torts a little power to healthy scratch a Gagner so in that respect, it's a bit of an upgrade. We'll see, he probably plays tomorrow so hoping he does well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

while he still has a long, long way to go, Ryan Collins in Minnesota has been MUCH better this year, pretty solid.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How can you say an 18 year old that was just drafted in the 2nd round doesn't have a possibility of being an every day NHLer? I mean, I'm not enamored with Peeke, but he's got the size and the tools necessary..
I said the jury is still out. We'll see. He's got 3 years to go in college.

while he still has a long, long way to go, Ryan Collins in Minnesota has been MUCH better this year, pretty solid.

Puke. Will he even get a contract?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well, Jarmo did exactly what he said he was going to do--- add depth.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
He's a junior, so still one more year. If he advances the same amount next year as he did this year, maybe. But he still needs work on his skating, a lot of work. But his instincts were tons better in the 3 games I saw.
He's in college, so it's still 3 more years at least. The Jackets lost Mike Reilly's rights 4 years after the draft.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't like this move - 22 is not a good age to trade a guy like Heatherington. D develop so late sometimes, half the annoyance of drafting D is the wait until they're 24, 25 years of age when you finally get a sense of what you have.

Getting Korpikoski is great though - I just don't like moving Heatherington.

Stars fan here- can anyone give me a brief overview on Heatherington? Thanks.

As far as Korpikoski goes, he's pretty speedy and a decent PK'er. Not going to blow anyone away with skill but he's a good upgrade for your 4th line.

Heatherington is one of those strong expert defenders who is probably not fast enough to be much of an NHLer. Like Griffin Reinhart kinda. Low on puck skills and skating, high on defensive smarts and strength.

Cumina

Sep 26, 2016
His nickname in Finland is Korpeedo, because of his speedy skating. So, Korpedo?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

I also recall Jarmo saying they had Peeke rated in the mid first round.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015

You could use Nuttivaara to bolster your argument, but he wasn't a 2nd rounder. He was only a 7th. But those are just details, and he wasn't an 18 year old. He was an overager that was still draft eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad