Confirmed with Link: Jackets acquire Korpikoski for Heatherington

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Pitt, Wash and NYR got better. We did not. Depth that I can't imagine plays.

Should CBJ have given up next year's first, a second and some decent prospects for Shattenkirk? For me, the answer is an easy "no."

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Pitt, Wash and NYR got better. We did not. Depth that I can't imagine plays.

You serious bro

Our window is just opening, and most of our young players could still significantly improve . With our defense, and Bob staying hot , we can play with anyone, and we can roll 4 lines . We still lack top end talent , but our overall depth may be be there with anyone

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stars fan here- can anyone give me a brief overview on Heatherington? Thanks.

As far as Korpikoski goes, he's pretty speedy and a decent PK'er. Not going to blow anyone away with skill but he's a good upgrade for your 4th line.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Solid move.

Like what we did today. Kept all our draft picks and beefed up some depth without screwing with the chemistry that got us here. Can revisit the big fish in the offseason.

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Should CBJ have given up next year's first, a second and some decent prospects for Shattenkirk? For me, the answer is an easy "no."

We have the youngest team in the league and have a handful of prospects already, so yes I would have traded a bunch of picks for an elite power play guy that pushed Murray to the pressbox. In case you hadn't noticed, our power play has been garbage for the last month.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm cool with it. My only concern is we have absolutely no defense prospects other than Carlsson and Gavrikov, and Gavrikov is a wild card. We need to stock up on some D prospects.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Stars fan here- can anyone give me a brief overview on Heatherington? Thanks.

As far as Korpikoski goes, he's pretty speedy and a decent PK'er. Not going to blow anyone away with skill but he's a good upgrade for your 4th line.

He was an interesting prospect when drafted. Second rounder, played for team Canada. Thought he would evolve into a shutdown type. Has kinda stagnated in Cleveland. Big body, slow, turnovers. He was underwhelming honestly. Maybe he gets his game together, but he wasn't coming up to the Jackets any time soon. He's only 22.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Quincey is just as good as Nutivaara and Harrington, and if he only becomes the #7/8 then we still have him in case of injury. Korpikoski should definitely be a regular in the lineup, at least over a guy like Hannikainen.

Hannikainen is only in because Sedlak and Calvert are out. When they come back, Korpikoski isn't going to play.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Calvert is banged up and Gagner has been absent for a month. No issue with a vet LW that you can trust late in the game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Oh yeah one more concern. We have two Korpi nicknames. Who's Korpi?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hannikainen is only in because Sedlak and Calvert are out. When they come back, Korpikoski isn't going to play.

yea, I don't know I don't prefer Korpikoski over Sedlak, Calvert or Gagner. Worst case, they are interchangeable without drop-off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad