Confirmed with Link: Jackets acquire Korpikoski for Heatherington

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I read a Tweet that Dallas fans nicknamed him "Korpse".

And there is a reason for that. :(

Still, probably a short term depth move.

Some Cleveland fans were tweeting that Heatherington has been just awful this year, so they were not sad to see him go.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
Or perhaps the lack of trading him today indicates the confidence they have in Milano. ;)

I think one of two things with milano. He either gets moved in the offseason or is given one more training camp to try and break in. I'm okay with either situation.

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
I read a Tweet that Dallas fans nicknamed him "Korpse".

And there is a reason for that. :(

Still, probably a short term depth move.

Some Cleveland fans were tweeting that Heatherington has been just awful this year, so they were not sad to see him go.

There are people on this board that want nothing more than to trade Jenner and Murray so I'd take everything with a very large grain of salt.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Must be very comfortable with this teams depth not to go out and add a top defender. I think Quincy may be fine.. but Shattenkirk would have been a great add.. (I guess we just have to rely on on our (Mgmt., ie the Blues old Mgmt) ha ha.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Must be very comfortable with this teams depth not to go out and add a top defender. I think Quincy may be fine.. but Shattenkirk would have been a great add.. (I guess we just have to rely on on our (Mgmt., ie the Blues old Mgmt) ha ha.

Why trade for him as a rental?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Well sure he would have been. But at what cost? And for what role? Does he replace Werenski or Jones on the power play, because that's really why you go and get Shattenkirk.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well sure he would have been. But at what cost? And for what role? Does he replace Werenski or Jones on the power play, because that's really why you go and get Shattenkirk.

Well obviously the solution to that problem is you just trade either Werenski or Jones for Shattenkirk.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

It would be like having a second Werenski on the PP.

How much should we pay to upgrade from Jones to Werenski on the second unit?

In my opinion, not much. For a rental just a mid-round draft pick.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Why trade for him as a rental?

The reason would be that our team is playing very well, and this piece really fills a need of experience leadership and toughness on the first and second pair. Plenty of players have been bought in roll the dice scenarios..

I'm indifferent on this: I want to see Jones Werenski, Savard Johnson Murray, Nutti and Quincey take that next step.. going into the playoffs and winning. Doesn't change the fact that the Caps got Shattenkirk and Pens got Streit.

We are very young.. but youth can win given the opportunity

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The reason would be that our team is playing very well, and this piece really fills a need of experience leadership and toughness on the first and second pair. Plenty of players have been bought in roll the dice scenarios..

I'm indifferent on this: I want to see Jones Werenski, Savard Johnson Murray, Nutti and Quincey take that next step.. going into the playoffs and winning. Doesn't change the fact that the Caps got Shattenkirk and Pens got Streit.

We are very young.. but youth can win given the opportunity

Shattenkirk is not tough and probably wouldn't even make our top 4 at evens. Probably about just as much experience as Quincey. He was pretty awful in the Blues playoffs games I saw a year back.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
The only two guys I think have a possibility of being everyday NHLers is Carlsson and Gavrikov. Maybe Peeke, but the jury is still out there. We'll see

For the record, Peeke has been very good for ND as a Freshman. He has a bright future, just won't be for a while...

nativecbj

Jan 16, 2014
Dayton, OH
No way would Shattenkirk have been a good add. Defensively he is terrible. Watch the first goal the rangers scored on the caps in his first game. The asking price was too high and there is no way he signs anything long term with Columbus. Would have been a terrible move and I'm glad they didn't go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad