Post-Game Talk: Jacket

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Phone battery at 68%. Return of 50-year-old Jagr to the team to lead us to the promised land.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm a realist. Everybody wishes that the kid group to be doing more, and if they were, we'd have a record like Boston's.
Your damned right we would. This is what is slowly killing me. I've watched a few Bruins games, and my brain is telling me that they are doing it with mirrors, but realistically they come out to PLAY every single game. No excuses, good goaltending a solid defense, excellent special teams, don't lose at home......jeez. Would be a shame if they have this type of season and get shot down in a blaze of fire in the 1st round. Just a crying shame.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Your damned right we would. This is what is slowly killing me. I've watched a few Bruins games, and my brain is telling me that they are doing it with mirrors, but realistically they come out to PLAY every single game. No excuses, good goaltending a solid defense, excellent special teams, don't lose at home......jeez. Would be a shame if they have this type of season and get shot down in a blaze of fire in the 1st round. Just a crying shame.

The Bruins are also a very veteran team. Their youngest regulars are guys like deBrusk, McAvoy, Carlo & Pasta who are all in the 24-26 range but have been around the block quite a bit. Wait until Fox is 26 and the rest of our boys have had multiple runs under their belt. The Bruins are getting close to the "Last Dance". Bergy and Krejci could both retire after the season, and Pasta needs a megadeal. We are still close to the beginning.

Reactions: egelband

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
I think the possession metrics are too hard on Goodrow and Schneider this season, and perhaps too charitable to Kravtsov. But that leg of the stool (Possession, traditional, eye) seems sound this year.

Goodrow has frankly been pretty good- it's that our utter lack of a real 4C and Vesey/Kravtsov's presence has been keeping him out of the top 9 a lot.

I look forward to seeing what we can get for Goodrow and Trouba this offseason if either is willing to waive.

As for the kids, as badly as Laf has performed, we've got two defensemen here who had we taken them 1st and 2nd overall (Fox, Miller) I don't think too many people would be unhappy with either of them.

Maybe Kakko is just a 40-50 point two way player. You know what? Teams need those too. Just means he won't be leading our offense in every game ending situation.
Goodrow has 15 teams he can’t be traded to. He doesn’t have to waive anything, but it looks like his contract was structured in a way that gets expensive for the team paying him the next 2 years.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Some pretty terrible groupthink when Trouba correctly steamrolls a guy in front of the net and the instant reaction is LOL TUBA. Reminds me of the Pionk days.
Oh indeed. I couldn’t believe how Pionk got absolutely skewered despite playing so far above expectations.
Trouba probably deserves some criticism, he doesn’t understand his limitations, but the venom is so unfair.

Reactions: McRanger92 and tlk

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Whoever voted for Brodzinski…I appreciate you. He wasn’t in my top three but he was noticeable and has been lately. Deserves some love. Also frustrated seeing him get pulled down and interfered with left and right and the refs give him zero respect. Then call him for some ticky tack game management garbage. Because he’s the lowest guy on the totem pole.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We have a different definition of what makes a superstar.

How many are currently in the NHL?

McDavid
Crosby
Fox
Makar
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Ovechkin
I assume I forgot some

Draisaitl? (I know you think he sucks)
Matthews?
Pastrnak?

There are others who could become one, like Hughes.
Was he ever a superstar?

Ed thinks Kravtsov is a superstar, so what is his opinion worth?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We have a different definition of what makes a superstar.

How many are currently in the NHL?

McDavid
Crosby
Fox
Makar
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Ovechkin
I assume I forgot some

Draisaitl? (I know you think he sucks)
Matthews?
Pastrnak?

There are others who could become one, like Hughes.

Ed thinks Kravtsov is a superstar, so what is his opinion worth?
Yes, Draisaitl is what happens when Jimmy Vesey gets to spend his entire career sharing ice time with a history-changing forward, just had to get that in there.

This is boiling down to complete semantics. People expect Panarin to be better than the 30th or so producer. If you don't, then we disagree.

Reactions: McRanger92

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yes, Draisaitl is what happens when Jimmy Vesey gets to spend his entire career sharing ice time with a history-changing forward, just had to get that in there.

This is boiling down to complete semantics. People expect Panarin to be better than the 30th or so producer. If you don't, then we disagree.

True, we do disagree, but since you are a numbers guy, you can't dispute that only one player older than Panarin had more points than him last season.

That is just a cold, hard fact, not an opinion.

Sure looks like the problem is the group expectation, and yours, is unrealistic, else everyone in the NHL older than Panarin is falling short on production, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad