Former Bruins Jack Studnicka

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Studnicka has a bad game and all of a sudden the coach is bad for the kids? Which kids, certainly not Lauko, Greer, Zacha, DeBrusk, or Frederic. I mean how many young forwards need to play well for the guy till we give him some credit.

It was a bad game for one guy.
I wouldn't call 25 and 26 year old players "young forwards". Lauko? Sure. Frederic? Arguable. The other 3? Not really.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I think Stud has been underwhelming but I hang on to him for depth & because we don't have a strong center pipeline once Krech & Bergy retire. We need a top 6 C to emerge (and probably 2 if we don't get one from free agency/trade) from Stud, Merk, Beecher, or McLaughlin. Don't think we can afford to lose any young Cs right now.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Do you give this guy one more chance on the second-half of the back-to-back? Looks like Marchand will be back next week and then someone is hitting the waiver wire.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Maybe Stud and Freddy's underwhelming performances aren't soley the fault of mean Mr. Cassidy.

Maybe the issue is these C level prospects unfairly have the spotlight shone on them because the organization lacks A and B level prospects due to poor draft positioning from successful seasons, trading futures to win now, and poor dract selection.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe Stud and Freddy's underwhelming performances aren't soley the fault of mean Mr. Cassidy.

Maybe the issue is these C level prospects unfairly have the spotlight shone on them because the organization lacks A and B level prospects due to poor draft positioning from successful seasons, trading futures to win now, and poor dract selection.
you might be onto something friend

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Maybe they have the spotlight shone on them because the rest of the team is playing so well and people need to hunt for something negative to bitch about.

Studnicka had a bad game and the team is stacked at C right now so there's little opportunity for him to carve out a mid 6 role. If the team sucked he'd get time and opportunity. Maybe his pick at the end of the 2nd round was a swing and a miss, maybe it was injuries that sidetracked him along the way, maybe it was Cassidy, maybe he's just played one regular season game under Montgomery. . .

Frederic's being used in a shutdown role (30% offensive zone starts) and trails only Bergeron and Debrusk in +/- among the team's forwards. And those other two are seeing 64% and 59% of their starts in the offensive zone.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe they have the spotlight shone on them because the rest of the team is playing so well and people need to hunt for something negative to bitch about.

Studnicka had a bad game and the team is stacked at C right now so there's little opportunity for him to carve out a mid 6 role. If the team sucked he'd get time and opportunity. Maybe his pick at the end of the 2nd round was a swing and a miss, maybe it was injuries that sidetracked him along the way, maybe it was Cassidy, maybe he's just played one regular season game under Montgomery. . .

Frederic's being used in a shutdown role (30% offensive zone starts) and trails only Bergeron and Debrusk in +/- among the team's forwards. And those other two are seeing 64% and 59% of their starts in the offensive zone.
I think Jack would be in tough to crack some of the lesser teams lineups, look at the Coyotes as an example, not totally sure of their depth chart but I think Bjugstad, Boyd and Jack Mcbain as their top 3 guys, think Jack could push one of them out? Not that any of those three are top end talent but I don`t think if the B`s moved him to the Yotes he`d be automatically one of the top 3 C there

I think Jack may wind up being a very solid AHL guy who possibly could find a role as an average NHL 4th liner with some a possibility as a 3C

Sens likely lost Norris for the season, no way Studs could step in there and put up the numbers Norris does but maybe they would entertain a package of him and a return of Reilly for something?

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Do you give this guy one more chance on the second-half of the back-to-back? Looks like Marchand will be back next week and then someone is hitting the waiver wire.
I guess not with Marchand back now.

I think this is the end but I expect him to clear waivers and I hope he gets on the right track in Providence and can help the team at some point.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I think this is the end but I expect him to clear waivers and I hope he gets on the right track in Providence and can help the team at some point.
Stud Clearing waivers VERY questionable ?????????????????? He has a low cap hit and is still relatively young . I am not sure putting him on waivers is good asset management ?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Stud Clearing waivers VERY questionable ?????????????????? He has a low cap hit and is still relatively young . I am not sure putting him on waivers is good asset management ?
I`d be shocked if someone claimed him, as I mentioned in another post, Sens have lost Morris for the season, while Studs would never put the same numbers up, plug him into their 4th line C position and push up whoever is their current 4th line C to 3rd line, not ideal but....see if you can include one of Smitty or Reilly in the deal to clear some space too

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I don't think they waive him. I think Reilly is getting sent down as I don't believe he requires waivers again

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I`d be shocked if someone claimed him, as I mentioned in another post, Sens have lost Morris for the season, while Studs would never put the same numbers up, plug him into their 4th line C position and push up whoever is their current 4th line C to 3rd line, not ideal but....see if you can include one of Smitty or Reilly in the deal to clear some space too
With how weak the Bruins are at center after this year, if 37 and 46 retire is it a gamble they can afford .

I am not calling him a budding star or anything close, but possibly a serviceable NHL center

Reactions: Over the volcano

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With how weak the Bruins are at center after this year, if 37 and 46 retire is it a gamble they can afford .

I am not calling him a budding star or anything close, but possibly a serviceable NHL center
serviceable perhaps, he`s nowhere close to being able to step into a 1 C or 2C at this stage and I would argue, not sure he`s a good 3 C. This coming summer the B`s should have some money and they are drafting Matthew Wood too so:sarcasm:

I see some good things from Jack but then I see a player who hasn`t got his head in the game at all times, is super slow to reach to the pace of play, a lot like Frederic

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
serviceable perhaps, he`s nowhere close to being able to step into a 1 C or 2C at this stage and I would argue, not sure he`s a good 3 C. This coming summer the B`s should have some money and they are drafting Matthew Wood too so:sarcasm:

I see some good things from Jack but then I see a player who hasn`t got his head in the game at all times, is super slow to reach to the pace of play, a lot like Frederic
Personally I see Jack and Frederic differently .I see Jack as a player that with experience and confidence, as someone who could be a middle six center. I am not seeing Frederic as a lot more has what he has shown to this point

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Studnicka succeeds in Vancouver, we say: We win some, we lose some.
Studnicka fails in Vancouver, we say: Looks like we cut bait at the right time.

That said, I hope all the players involve make it at the NHL level; I'm very much a proponent of trades not having to be a win/lose situation, but a win/win for both teams. Unless it's Pittsburgh, I'm fine with them losing any/all trades.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Jack just looked pretty good on a 40 second shift where he assisted Aiden McDonough who scored his first goal. I will try to find a link because it was nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad