Former Bruins Jack Studnicka

Mark Allred

1648896618-post-853072-preview.jpeg

( Photo Credit: NHL.com )

Per The Boston Globes Matt Porter, the Boston Bruins are in smooth contract negotiations with current restricted free agent forward Jack Studnicka.
Check out my article below about what his agent Darren Ferris said to the Boston Globe beat writer yesterday.

Article Link:

Report: Bruins and RFA Forward Jack Studnicka are Very Close to New Contract

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Before anyone starts questioning the motives behind a two-way deal in the first year remember this:

All one-way contracts count towards the cap in the offseason, something the Bruins can not afford. Which is why I was surprised Oskar Steen was given a one-way deal.
Thanks, I was in the process of spinning up over that 2-way. Stand down red alert!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Maybe one of those sign a guy and then add him in a trade. I think I have seen enough of Jack Studnicka
I give the guy one more kick at the can. Perhaps Montgomery can draw the talent out of him that he has, to this point, been unable to capitalize.

Center opportunities are diminishing now with Beecher Zacha,
Merkulov and McLaughlin in the building.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I give the guy one more kick at the can. Perhaps Montgomery can draw the talent out of him that he has, to this point, been unable to capitalize.

Center opportunities are diminishing now with Beecher Zacha,
Merkulov and McLaughlin in the building.

I hope he gets an opportunity. Last year he had the kind of camp you want to see out of a young player and earned a spot but got crowded out by Sweeney having signed vets for the roles he might have stepped into. This season he needs to get the opportunity he deserved last year.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Studnicka is the young player I am most excited about. I really thought last year was his year.

I like Frederic, Steen, Zboril, Beecher, Merkulov and McGlaughlin, but Studnicka is a guy I’ve been tracking for years and I’ve liked nearly everything prior to last year. Before last season I still thought he had 2nd line upside and I’m not over it. It feels like a much longer curve now but I’m excited. He’s fast, skilled and he has a good attitude. He had a great offseason last year with tons of hype. My prayer is he is having an even better offseason without the fanfare in the shadows and that he explodes as a versatile and impactful bottom 6 player this year. I am hoping he benefits from all that I have read about Montgomery regarding his success with young players.

Call me a sucker for a classic, but two Bruins Legends who were underdog prospects at one point taking their final run. How can you not love the young kid coming up trying to fill their shoes and he happens to be a skilled but unhyped two way center prospect himself. I mean come on!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Will they finally give him a prolonged chance at a top 9 C spot?

Its sink or swim for him at this point but also the B's need to give him legit shot
hard to say, I would have liked to have seen the B`s try to move out Nosek which they still could do, won`t save much cap space but I think if there`s a great place to slot Jack in where he can work on improving his overall game without the pressure of going up against teams top D pairs and lines, a 4th line C slot could be it, from all I read here from camp last year, the kid earned a spot then was shipped to Providence, called up here and there and given the Yo-Yo treatment from Butch

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Turned 23 this year, 6'1 200lb center, skates well, .82 career ppg in AHL in 117 gp, team captain in juniors, impact player for Team Canada in WJC.

This is everything you want in a top prospect. The only element that has been missing is progression. He started his professional career very strong and has definitely stagnated. Who knows if he breaks through or not, but it would be foolish to write him off at this point. Prospects have crawled out of much deeper holes than this.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
He's stagnated for two seasons and hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL even when given a chance with top players. Gotta play his ass off in the pre-season if he wants a role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad