Prospect Info: Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020) -- Ottawa 67s (3 year ELC signed 11/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 334057

I'm really hoping for the patient approach to the kids in Rochester. Quinn and Peterka are really working well together, and both are performing well. I don't like the idea of calling one up over the other. Let them kill it the whole season in Rochester, get their confidence up and then let them make the roster out of camp next year together along with Krebs hopefully.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
After watching the Sabres botch the development of Mitts and Tage, I think we're all understandably wary of "rushing" a player.

But Quinn has demonstrated he deserves a shot at the next level. Give him top-6 minutes with his pal Cozens, and let's see if he's ready. It's up to him at that point. If he has to go back, no big deal.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm really hoping for the patient approach to the kids in Rochester. Quinn and Peterka are really working well together, and both are performing well. I don't like the idea of calling one up over the other. Let them kill it the whole season in Rochester, get their confidence up and then let them make the roster out of camp next year together along with Krebs hopefully.
I agree.

I go back and forth about UPL. I don't want to watch Dell anymore, and think that there is a possibility that UPL would be a competent backup, and don't know if his development would be harmed by calling him up.

But I do feel strongly that his development isn't going to be harmed by keeping him in the AHL all season, so is it even worth the risk to call him up?

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

I agree.

Quinn was a late bloomer with his 52 goal draft year being the year in which he blossomed. His D+1 year was totally disrupted by Covid and injury. He did not really get a legit chance to follow up that 52 goal year with additional success. He really needs this year to continue his development, enjoy the success he is currently enjoying, play the big minutes and gain the confidence he'll need when he does start up in the NHL.

It's similar with Peterka. He's an exciting, fearless player for sure. His two years in the DEL undoubtedly served him well, but he's in his first full season playing the North American game against men. He needs this year to understand the North American game at both ends of the rink.

I don't know Krebs that well, but it seems to me that getting settled, getting his feet under him in an environment with less pressure than there would be in Buffalo as the only currently tangible return for Eichel will serve him well. Especially since he is less a scorer than a playmaker.

There is so much to be said for those three growing together as teammates as well as occasional linemates that bodes well for future success.

I think that until the trade deadline, the only thing that should bring any of them up is a rash of injuries or a Covid outbreak on the team. Who know how or if the TDL will reshape the team. For now, I think that what is happening is part of Kevyn Adams plan for this year and I'm fine with it.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
With Mitts and then Tuch coming back...if you bring in Quinn...Hayden goes down, and then waive Eakin and Hinostroza or try to flip.

Do we bring up Quinn so we can finish 5th or 6th in the division and still miss the playoffs?

HODL in Rochester

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He just scored again.

I was for keeping him down but he’s pushing the issue beyond reason.

Reactions: Fearnot

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I’m torn on what to do with him. Absolutely love what he is doing in the AHL and clearly he’s showing he deserves a call up. At the same time it’s a fun winning environment down there and the Sabres are not good, don’t want him to come up and struggle and lose games and lose the momentum he has built. He deserves a taste of the NHL this year at some point for sure, but I’m leaning towards doing what Toronto did with Matthews/Marner/Nylander and waiting until next year to fully unleash all the kids (Quinn, Power, Peterka, Krebs) together

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Nylander got a quarter of a season in the nhl before Matthews was drafted. Because he had earned it by playing well in his second AHL season.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Nylander got a quarter of a season in the nhl before Matthews was drafted. Because he had earned it by playing well in his second AHL season.
Correct. He was given a taste of the NHL after showing he deserved it with his strong AHL play. Thinking we should do something similar with Quinn, bring him up in the new year for 20-30 games and then have him back in Rochester for the end of the year and playoffs. Fully integrate him next year with some of the other young guys.

Reactions: dasaybz

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I disagree with this. I'm not sure I want him up here right now but they absolutely should get a sniff this year. All 3 of Krebs JJ and Quinn.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Correct. He was given a taste of the NHL after showing he deserved it with his strong AHL play. Thinking we should do something similar with Quinn, bring him up in the new year for 20-30 games and then have him back in Rochester for the end of the year and playoffs. Fully integrate him next year with some of the other young guys.
Exactly.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

I don't think Adams expected Quinn and Peterka to be at the top of the AHL in points and dominating like they are. I think he just expected to give them the typical 9 games near the end of the season but Quinn and Peterka have other plans. The Sabres are out to lunch if they don't get called up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad