Prospect Info: Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020) -- Ottawa 67s (3 year ELC signed 11/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
im not sure where this narrative is coming from. Rossi was seen as the sure fire bet, gonna be a hard working, high IQ center that’s gonna get you 60 points. He was the no brainer selection

quinn was the one year wonder, who has extremely high goal scoring boom/bust potential. Granted, his floor was always pretty good due to his good iq and defensive game

I think Quinn's appeal has a lot to do with his late commitment to hockey. If the scouts saw them as being close playing for the 67s it's not surprising why they picked him. I think he has a lot more upside.

Rossi is a stud but even as a smaller guy he was more physically mature and a more refined prospect.

Hopefully both turn out.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think Quinn's appeal has a lot to do with his late commitment to hockey. If the scouts saw them as being close playing for the 67s it's not surprising why they picked him. I think he has a lot more upside.

Rossi is a stud but even as a smaller guy he was more physically mature and a more refined prospect.

Hopefully both turn out.

Wrong. Hopefully Rossi busts hard. I have nothing against him, but at least that will be one less person people will compare Quinn to.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Maybe, just maybe, Rossi and Quinn with both turn out just fine for both teams and there is no real need to hand wring at the end of the day…
no chance, rossi will spontaneously combust after quinn scores his first nhl goal. then it will be settled

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I’m hoping this is sarcasm.

I’m rooting hard for Rossi to be a success story after what he went through with Covid

It’s not. I hope he recovers and is fine throughout his life, and hope he lives symptom free until he dies when he’s 90. But I will never want him to become a high end 1C. I thought that even before his Covid issues. I don’t want people to complain about missing on (insert 1st round drafted guy here) because the Sabres took someone else.

If people can pass over missing XXX in rounds 2-7, they can do it with guys in round 1 too. Unfortunately for Rossi, he was this boards unanimous choice to take, and people hold that against Quinn. And that will not stop unless Quinn consistently puts up “Bernie Nicholls’ first year in LA after the Gretzky trade” numbers.

Not wrong. I don’t wish any ill will to the guy. But I don’t wish any high end success to him. I want 10/10 Sabres fans in the future to be Quinn > Rossi.

Reactions: Jacob582

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
my official position of the quinn vs rossi debate:

quinn has a higher ceiling with elite potential. rossi i think can be a 1c but he’s not the next elite little center like Point. i like quinn more because he is our guy, but i also liked rossi a lot leading up to the draft. both play way different style of game so it’s not really fair comparing them. they’ll both be top 6 nhl players. the rest is pure speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad