Prospect Info: Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020) -- Ottawa 67s (3 year ELC signed 11/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I like the player for sure, but it’s a bit hard to swallow when he had 1.44 ppg and Rossi had 2.14 on the same team... That’s a very very big gap.

Seems like a responsible, hard working goal scorer. But not sure how high the ceiling is with a guy who had just 37 assists in junior...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Reminds me of people going crazy when Scheifele went over Couts in 2011.

I'm going to give him a few years. He seems to have a chip and I love those players. Give me the kid who wants to be out there in all situations and is GOOD enough to be out there in all situations.

It's kind of shocking to me how many of these services are praising his defensive willingness and ability. That's not something you usually associate with a goal-scoring winger from juniors.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I like the David Pasternak comparison they gave Quinn.

I hope he works out, welcome to hockey hell Quinn.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
I like the player for sure, but it’s a bit hard to swallow when he had 1.44 ppg and Rossi had 2.14 on the same team... That’s a very very big gap.

Seems like a responsible, hard working goal scorer. But not sure how high the ceiling is with a guy who had just 37 assists in junior...

he has bust written all over him imo.

Sabres are a terrible at drafting. showed it again tonight

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He's always manipulating opposing defencemen as a puck-carrier, baiting a response, and then threading the puck through the opening this sequence created. Quinn can get a ten-bell shot off on either foot, and he deploys a wide array of release points to ensure that the puck gets through any manner of situations. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Rankings
Ranked #16 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #20 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #10 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #7 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #10 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #7 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #17 by DOBBERPROSPECTS/ROBINSON
Ranked #12 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #10 by TSN/McKenzie

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I don't hate it, but I really wanted Rossi. Let's hope front office knows their stuff. It takes some confidence to go against the consensus.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Skinner-Eichrl-Quinn
Kahun-xxx-Reinhart
Olofsson-Staal-Cozens
xxx-Lazar-Thompson
Okposo

Last edited:

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
It's kind of shocking to me how many of these services are praising his defensive willingness and ability. That's not something you usually associate with a goal-scoring winger from juniors.

Im trying to find some video, the clips I find are just him against some terrible defense, nothing jumping off the screen at me. Was Rossi's line taking the harder matchup? Im assuming yes.

Maybe hes a late bloomer, but if so we could have traded down no?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
He's always manipulating opposing defencemen as a puck-carrier, baiting a response, and then threading the puck through the opening this sequence created. Quinn can get a ten-bell shot off on either foot, and he deploys a wide array of release points to ensure that the puck gets through any manner of situations. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Rankings
Ranked #16 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #20 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #10 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #7 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #10 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #7 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #17 by DOBBERPROSPECTS/ROBINSON
Ranked #12 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #10 by TSN/McKenzie

I go by McKenzie and Hockey Prospect, mostly because they talk to actual NHL scouts across the league. HP had Quinn at 6.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The fact no one can give a half-decent reason to take him over Rossi is concerning for sure. Rossi is small but it’s 2020 who cares

Reactions: Husko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad