Prospect Info: Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020) -- Ottawa 67s (3 year ELC signed 11/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There comes a point where he’s playing so well down there that the best thing to do is bring him up so he can see the differences and what he should be working on for an NHL career and then go back down and work on it. Right now he’s figuring out how to dominate a league he isn’t going to play in again after this years playoffs. There’s a better way to spend that time.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Oh, I’m right here, and couldn’t be happier to be wrong :)
I preferred Rossi and was a but meh on him at tournaments and camps, great to see him blossoming!. Someone deserves a lot of credit in Rochester for this, Appert, Peca, Mair ? Glad they took a swing on him. Hope he can bring it to the big club soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Oh, I’m right here, and couldn’t be happier to be wrong :)

I'm going to expand on this too:

In his draft year, he had 50 goals, which is rare territory, but he also wasn't particularly fast nor was he the playmaking he now is in Roch.

Fast forward to 2021, and his ability to get his shot off is high-caliber NHL level...right now. That translation from jrs. to pros is what kills 90% of players like him.

Then, he's playing with JJ Peterka, who couldn't be a more perfect compliment (much faster, and a playmaker), and they develop an instant strong chemistry.

Finally, while I love Quinnterkrebs, anyone watching Roch right now can tell you that they're feasting on the PP...and 5v5 is a work in progress all around. Peterka-Malone-Quinn will have a few shifts of brilliance, and many more of being d-zone trapped. Incidentally, that's why I want him to stay in Roch right now. Primarily to work on 5v5. Krebs, Quinn, Peterka, and Laaksonen all fall into this category:

upload_2021-11-28_8-31-37.png

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Injuries will happen. Quinn will see some buffalo ice this year organically.

But if he has a December like November or an even better one, Idk how do you not give the kid a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad