Jack Hughes vs Moritz Seider

who would you rather build your franchise around?

• Total voters

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Hughes is leading the NHL in goal-above-replacement at 17.5 through 41 games. If he continues that pace, it will be the best single-season, in terms of GAR, since Pavel Datsyuk in 2008-09 (Datsyuk had 97 points and won Selke that year).

Hughes is absolutely in Hart trophy conversation.

"No one cares about GAR."

Reactions: Mez

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The idea that they thought he was good enough for the NHL but opted against it because of a couple weeks of game time is funny to me. And again, no other team made this same calculation that playing over an 8-week period in the Fall outweighed playing in the league that matched the player's developmental level. Or better yet, that they couldn't do both.
Mid-october to mid-january is not an "8 week period". If Seider did not play during the fall, he would have gone around 8-9 months without playing a game. Very few teams or prospects were in a similar situation to Seider and the Wings. Let me guess; you think Seider didn't play at the WJC that year because he wasn't good enough?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hughes is leading the NHL in goal-above-replacement at 17.5 through 41 games. If he continues that pace, it will be the best single-season, in terms of GAR, since Pavel Datsyuk in 2008-09 (Datsyuk had 97 points and won Selke that year).

It's pretty how funny Jack continually gets disrespected. It's been going on since before he was drafted and I don't imagine it's going to stop anytime soon.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
It's pretty how funny Jack continually gets disrespected. It's been going on since before he was drafted and I don't imagine it's going to stop anytime soon.
Hughes is a threat to people's hockey ethos. Many are stuck in antiquated views.

Hard, physical, grinding. Dump and chase. Its a game for men.

Hughes failing was supposed to be their reaffirmation.

But Hughes' success has come to represent the NHL that is coming, not the NHL that has been. And that has been hard for them to accept.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
And people wonder why we keep popping up in these threads dunking on their shitty takes.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

If by in the Hart conversation you mean has a shot at being a finalist then sure. He’s nowhere close to winning it.

Reactions: Favin

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Zegras really? That post has aged like milk i hope you at least reconsider that opinion lol
it says they last posted over a year ago so idk if theyll answer..

im sure theyd agree though that looks silly with hindsight; opinions are allowed to be changed!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Zegras really? That post has aged like milk i hope you at least reconsider that opinion lol

Ehh, Pronman as of two weeks ago was ranking Zegras, Cozens, and Caufield all over Seider in a redraft.

... So Ignorance isn't as hard to come by as you may think. :laugh:

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
time to double down

the 18 points in the first 7 games is an outlier. the last game with ZERO points is a more meaningful sample size

:sarcasm:
Did I say that? Before you try to put words in other peoples mouths', figure out how to make them come out of your own intelligently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad