Jack Hughes vs Elias Petterson

J Hughes vs Petterson

• J Hughes

• Petterson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Too early to compare the two but Jack's skating is more dynamic than anything Pettersson brings to the table. If Jack puts it together like he is expected to, he becomes the better player by the time he is 21-22

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Hughes simply because Pettersons twig like body makes me think one bad hit and he will be done.
Hilarious fail of an attempt to troll because hughes is even smaller with the same body build. hughes is 3 inches shorter and 6 pounds lighter. hischier whom the devils also employ is 1 inch shorter and 2 pounds lighter than pettersson.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Hughes. He is a future Art Ross winner. Especially since the topic is about my hypothetical franchise that I get to build. I'd build a team of enforcers, and he'd be the one scorer, getting 45 mins of ice time each game, including every second of every powerplay.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Hilarious fail of an attempt to troll because hughes is even smaller with the same body build. hughes is 3 inches shorter and 6 pounds lighter. hischier whom the devils also employ is 1 inch shorter and 2 pounds lighter than pettersson.
Three inches shorter and six pounds lighter dont equate to being bigger than Hughes

Pettersson is technically lighter than Hughes when considering height and weight, if your math is correct. Six pounds isnt enough to offset three extra inches, so Pettersson is more frail

Reactions: authentic and Xirik

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Hypothetically I'd probably trade Hughes for Pettersson, even with one less year of team control and him being 2 years older. Hughes still needs to prove his shot / finish is NHL caliber frankly. Both the goals he scored so far have not assuaged that fear. At the end of year maybe not but Pettersson is clearly ahead today I think.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Three inches shorter and six pounds lighter dont equate to being bigger than Hughes

Pettersson is technically lighter than Hughes when considering height and weight, if your math is correct. Six pounds isnt enough to offset three extra inches, so Pettersson is more frail

At the same time though size doesn't always equal strength but for every inch roughly 7 or 8 pounds should be added or subtracted for the same type of build.

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
Considering 90% of the highlights in this video are from Pettersson's first couple of months in the NHL back in 2018 (or earlier) we haven't yet seen anything from Hughes that matches that level of play.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hughes simply because Pettersons twig like body makes me think one bad hit and he will be done.
Uhh and Hughes is bulky?

Anyway it's Pettersson but I think in a couple of games I'd vote for Hughes because Pettersson's annoyingly overrated.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Hypothetically I'd probably trade Hughes for Pettersson, even with one less year of team control and him being 2 years older. Hughes still needs to prove his shot / finish is NHL caliber frankly. Both the goals he scored so far have not assuaged that fear. At the end of year maybe not but Pettersson is clearly ahead today I think.
Jack’s wrist shot is actually pretty good. He went top corner tonight on the PP and it was a beauty.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Considering 90% of the highlights in this video are from Pettersson's first couple of months in the NHL back in 2018 (or earlier) we haven't yet seen anything from Hughes that matches that level of play.

Jack Hughes is only 19 for this entire season

Pettersson didn't show until he was 20

Reactions: hockeeyyy

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
80 days older at the start of the season.
You said 17 and I had my mind set for shortened schedule

80 days isnt much but even still I wouldnt say NJ is as good as Vancouver was when they both started their 19yo venture

plus Jack had off for ten months which affects this all, otherwise hed have more games played earlier into his 19yo season

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
Jack Hughes is only 19 for this entire season

Pettersson didn't show until he was 20

Wrong. He was 19 or younger for 90% of this video. He scored 10 goals his 10 first NHL games as a 19 y o.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad