Player Discussion: Jack "hometown kid" Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Not to be the contrarian but we saw this type of play in Columbus when he was playing in the last year of his previous contract
He got I believe a two year deal as a result of that. It’s for that reason I raise the question because in my mind we have seen him play this way before
either way I hope he continues playing this well as it will only benefit our local hoc heroes

Reactions: Jovavic

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jack moving to wing took a lot of pressure off of his shoulders and if he's truly bought in then it just allows him to just focus on his role and not have to worry so much. I'm sure he'll fall off at some point, but hopefully someone else will be on a hot streak by that point.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think he’s always had the pure offensive ability to play as a “top 6 WINGER”, although him playing a bit lower in the lineup would be ideal.

The question is if he can keep his “intensity”, defensive work, and offensive production up, as consistency has always been probably his main concern/issue as a player, other than issues with his intensity and “awareness”, more so defensively, but, also offensively. IMO

Gaudreau is an interesting fit, as is Jenner.

I think he could work as a transition/finishing center with some different offensive and better defensive players.

Olivier-Roslovic-Voronkov

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
The added pressure of now having Fantilli, Bemstrom starting to step up, and Voronkov waiting in the wings has put some pressure on him to perform. Good to see he's stepping up and playing to his potential ... but like everyone else, let's hope he makes it consistent.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
The added pressure of now having Fantilli, Bemstrom starting to step up, and Voronkov waiting in the wings has put some pressure on him to perform. Good to see he's stepping up and playing to his potential ... but like everyone else, let's hope he makes it consistent.
This. Healthy competition in a team pushes all players to earn their spot. When Ros arrived to the Jackets he pretty much had a given spot in the lineup.

So far Pascal seems to have instilled the concept of earning your spot in a positive way. Play well and showcase that you are playing the system that he wants, and you get rewarded shortly. He has also shown that it works the other way, but he seems like a coach that makes sure that the players understand his decisions regarding the staring lineup.

I have a very positive feeling about his coaching style this far, but I understand that we have a very small sample size now. What I do know about him is that he is serious about developing his players in a constructive way.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
It’s good to see him playing better, but there is still a zero percent chance I’m re-signing him (unless he wants to make 2.5). He will go at the TDL to the highest bidder.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think it's safe to say Laine isn't moving back to center until this is resolved.

Because we're short on wingers? We're not even using Bemstrom or Robinson, I don't think it's an issue.

The weakest spot in the lineup is actually at center (Sillinger) so I'd quite like Laine to be moved back to the middle.

Reactions: MoeBartoli and LJ7

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Because we're short on wingers? We're not even using Bemstrom or Robinson, I don't think it's an issue.

The weakest spot in the lineup is actually at center (Sillinger) so I'd quite like Laine to be moved back to the middle.
I'd rather Laine stay at wing. It's where he belongs. I think it would weaken the wings if he moved. If he moves there's no one to take his place without blowing up Fantilli's line. That would be dumb to destroy their chemistry.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd rather Laine stay at wing. It's where he belongs. I think it would weaken the wings if he moved. If he moves there's no one to take his place without blowing up Fantilli's line. That would be dumb to destroy their chemistry.
With Fantillis line potentially cementing itself as the #1 line, it could work...

Voronkov - Fantilli - Marchenko
Gaudreau - Laine - Chinakov
Texier - Jenner - Bemstrom
Robinson - Kuraly - Danforth

Not likely because they aren't going to send silly down, but take out Robinson and mix up the wings in the bottom 6 and it's not entirely terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad