Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Leading goal scores from 2013 draft...

188 Monahan
183 Mackinnon
151 Barkov
115 Horvat

Yeah what a plug...

Also of course Draisatl would be involved. Your team has two good players on it.

Oh yeah ? You think his goal totals over 6 years listed with 3 actually good players is gonna boost his value ? Monahan has no heart, he plays like shit against top competitors. He is In the same category as ryjo, nuge, Sam Reinhart. If Calgary wanted Eichel, it would require Tkachuk + Cow towns best prospect + a 1st round pick.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
No

I would give Eichel a little over 1st oa value.
Rantanen has about 3rd oa value.

The difference isn't a 4th oa pick.

(But I'm judging Buffalo must make a trade value, not "Colorado prying Eichel out" value)
Think of what it would cost to trade MacK, would you give him up for Rat/Newhook/1st? What you would want for MacK is what Buffalo would want for Eichel.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Isles can do something around Barzal but not sure it makes sense, we'd get an upgrade at 1C at the expense of whatever Buffalo needs, and it wouldn't solve our biggest issues. The perfect storm would be Barzal wanting some insane amount of money in RFA (coming up this offseason!) that also takes him to UFA ASAP, Lou saying no and it getting ugly, and Eichel wanting out of Buffalo. Teams swap problems, figure out how to balance the rest. I don't even want to think about what else the Isles would give up to make this work but that would be the basis for the trade and the circumstances under which it might happen.

I mean it's not like there's any history of this sort of thing with these teams.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Assuming Eichel asks out and the Sabres are forced to listen for the best offer

Ill try from the Avs:

Kadri (waives Buf off his NTC)
Byram
1 of Greer, Kaut, Lewis, Megna, Bowers, Henry aka pick whichever decent prospect forward you want.
2020 1st and maybe 2021 1st as well

for

Eichel
Okposo

Obviously it has to be quantity because you cant match quality for Eichel unless you some combination of MacKinnon, Makar, or Rantanen.

Kadri is a stop gap center for you who will still make it competitive, but not enough to get out of a 2-3 year lottery position. Byram is the holy crap prospect who will give you that real 1-2 punch on D with Dahlin in 2 years or so. Another forward prospect, and of course a late 1st rd pick.

The kicker is the Avs taking Okposos contract so gives Buffalo more money to rebuild with. I'd throw in Skinners, but I dont think Eichel is even worth taking that on.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Oh yeah ? You think his goal totals over 6 years listed with 3 actually good players is gonna boost his value ? Monahan has no heart, he plays like **** against top competitors. He is In the same category as ryjo, nuge, Sam Reinhart. If Calgary wanted Eichel, it would require Tkachuk + Cow towns best prospect + a 1st round pick.

Monahan and Tkachuk have the same value imo. Monahan is by far the Flames most underrated player while Tkachuk is overrated in terms of value.

And I prefer Hanifin To Pelletier so sure...

I make that trade all day

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
If the Sabres are trading Eichel, they aren't trading him for pieces that keep them in mediocrity. They're trading for holy crap futures. Trading Eichel for Gaudreau+ or Rantanen+ keeps the Ssabres where they are.

They want to be at the bottom truly rebuilding if Eichel is leaving.

Alternatively from the Avs:

Byram
Newhook
2020 1st

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’ve been a die hard Sabre’s fan my entire life. Been through plenty of tough times. But if they actually traded Eichel I think that would honestly be the last straw for me.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Think of what it would cost to trade MacK, would you give him up for Rat/Newhook/1st? What you would want for MacK is what Buffalo would want for Eichel.

I don't equate Eichel with Mack just yet, although I am a fan of Eichel.

I believe that Eichel is essentially untradeable if a package in excess of Rantanen/Newhook/1st is required, because no team would pay that price. Rantanen is roughly the same age as Eichel and is a PPG or better player over most of his short career. I don't believe that Eichel will provide enough in terms of excess offensive production to justify that kind of price from the Avs. With Mack at center already, Eichel would simply be a luxury for the Avs, which is a different situation than with most teams.

The fact of the matter is that Buffalo won't trade Eichel in any event.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I don't equate Eichel with Mack just yet, although I am a fan of Eichel.

I believe that Eichel is essentially untradeable if a package in excess of Rantanen/Newhook/1st is required, because no team would pay that price. Rantanen is roughly the same age as Eichel and is a PPG or better player over most of his short career. I don't believe that Eichel will provide enough in terms of excess offensive production to justify that kind of price from the Avs. With Mack at center already, Eichel would simply be a luxury for the Avs, which is a different situation than with most teams.

The fact of the matter is that Buffalo won't trade Eichel in any event.
It’s scary to think of MacK and Eichel on the same power play. To see it come true would mean the Aves make a painful sacrifice.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
No

I would give Eichel a little over 1st oa value.
Rantanen has about 3rd oa value.

The difference isn't a 4th oa pick.

(But I'm judging Buffalo must make a trade value, not "Colorado prying Eichel out" value)

No way Eichel even touches 1OA pick. Buffalo has already gotten the cost controlled years. He is a 10mil a year power forward with 6 years left. He is having a good year, but on a normal team, he could be expected to produce about 1.0 PPG. His numbers are inflated due to his crazy ice time and insane shooting percentage. He’s doing 17% right now from a career 8-9%. PDO is 104 and he is looking at 57% o-zone starts.

I am not pointing all this out to suggest he is bad. Jack Eichel is a legit 1C in the league and he’s having a fantastic season. I’d probably place him just outside the top-10.

But you aren’t trading for a moment in time. He’s a known commodity on a fair contract that’s going to take you to UFA. A draft pick gets you that history, the loyalty, and of course a chance to negotiate a team friendly contract. Eichel’s contract is fair, but it’s not something I don’t think you couldn’t find somewhere else. Not having those cost controlled years, and his current contract going to UFA, I think it’s huge.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fox would hurt but I'd do it and throw in a 1st

Buffalo replies with Kakko, Fox, Shesterkin Kravtsov

Would kratsov DeAngelo Georgiev Miller and a protected 1st be a convo

Zibby, Kravtsov, Georgiev and an unprotected 1st.

Not even in the same universe.

More like Panarin + Kakko gets the conversation started.

If 1 of Kakko/Fox and Shesterkin are not in the deal its time for dial tone.

"One of" lol. If Eichel asks out, NYR is 100% not among the small handful of teams that have a reasonable claim that any asset they own is off the table in a trade for him.

Take out Fox and make it Kakko, Buch, Staal ( for salary reasons) and Georgiev

all of these ^ deals are too much one way or the other.

If Eichel wants out and does not point a gun to Sabres head by insisting on only 1-2 options, then he goes to the team that
a) gives up the most blood
but ALSO
b) has that much blood to give

In theory an elite guy like Eich can return enough to warrant pulling the trigger.
But there is a point at which any player, even McDavid, you gut the team too much it is counterproductive.

The Avs would seem to have the most assets to spare. Whether they want to deal all that depth is another ?. Also, God forbid, there is a risk factor here. You deal a boatload for player X, the Martians kidnap him, and yer screwed.

------------------

Rangers bid:
2020, 2021 and 2022 1sts
Deangelo
Georgiev
Howden
Strome
Buchnevich

for

Eichel + cap dump [Bogo]

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
all of these ^ deals are too much one way or the other.

If Eichel wants out and does not point a gun to Sabres head by insisting on only 1-2 options, then he goes to the team that
a) gives up the most blood
but ALSO
b) has that much blood to give

In theory an elite guy like Eich can return enough to warrant pulling the trigger.
But there is a point at which any player, even McDavid, you gut the team too much it is counterproductive.

The Avs would seem to have the most assets to spare. Whether they want to deal all that depth is another ?. Also, God forbid, there is a risk factor here. You deal a boatload for player X, the Martians kidnap him, and yer screwed.

------------------

Rangers bid:
2020, 2021 and 2022 1sts
Deangelo
Georgiev
Howden
Strome
Buchnevich

for

Eichel + cap dump [Bogo]

Can't trade rowboats for battleships, no matter how many oars you throw in.

Zibanejad has to be in the deal or no deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Can't trade rowboats for battleships, no matter how many oars you throw in.

Zibanejad has to be in the deal or no deal.

fair enough and I applaud you pushing for every edge here.

But like I said there is a point that breaks the camel's back.
NY holds firm on my offer, and if we are outbid, so be it.

just out of intellectual curiosity, let's see how it shapes up vs the other bids in this thread

I expect a better offer of better pieces from an Avalanche fan, but I don't think Colorado actually goes that far all in...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jeichel for Horvat, Woo, 2021 2nd, Gadvovich, Beagle, Schaller and 2020 5th round pick. Then we could rock:

Miller Pettersson Virtanen
Pearson Jeichel Boeser
Roussell Gaudette Leivo
Ferland Sutter Motte

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
The last time Buffalo traded a franchise center (Turgeon), they got Pat Lafontaine back in the deal.

If you're trading for Eichel, and not including your young, best franchise forward then good luck.

Tried saying something similar earlier in the thread. Eichel is a top 5 asset in the league considering age, contract length, skill, and potential.

in this scenario, almost regardless of team, Eichel is netting that teams best young player/asset — thinking Kaapo, Petterson, Hughes, level and likely significant pieces on top of that... and if I were one of those teams I’d probably still do it

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Jeichel for Horvat, Woo, 2021 2nd, Gadvovich, Beagle, Schaller and 2020 5th round pick. Then we could rock:

Miller Pettersson Virtanen
Pearson Jeichel Boeser
Roussell Gaudette Leivo
Ferland Sutter Motte

Was it Pronman who had a GM say something “if you’re adding a 4th round pick for a player like Nylander you’re not offering enough and you know it”

I feel the same way. Those picks do nothing but insult the person on the other end of the line

Reactions: Hasek

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Not enough. Probably tack Byram to that as well.

Ehhh I think that would be a bit much from the Avs side of things for a player that wants out which is the premise of the thread. I do agree that if Eichel wants to stay in Buffalo and the Avs try to put together an offer to get him, it would be a fair bit more than what I proposed.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Boston’s offer

Heinen
Vaakaninnen
Zboril
Fitzgerald
Backes
1rst round pick

3 ready and upcoming first round picks and two of our top five prospects along with cap friendly Danton Heinen.

This would solidify Buffalo defence for a decade and help with the departing offence as Heinen slides into the top 6, Backes fir some vet leadership and Fitzgerald who’s ready and projected top 6 NHLer. Thoughts?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Boston’s offer

Heinen
Vaakaninnen
Zboril
Fitzgerald
Backes
1rst round pick

3 ready and upcoming first round picks and two of our top five prospects along with cap friendly Danton Heinen.

This would solidify Buffalo defence for a decade and help with the departing offence as Heinen slides into the top 6, Backes fir some vet leadership and Fitzgerald who’s ready and projected top 6 NHLer. Thoughts?

An offer for eichel probably should not involve sending buffalo a cap dump

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I agree with your comment , but the Bruins would need the cap space to take on Eichel salary and Buffalo will have the cap space from Eichel and it is only for another year and I believe to be around 4 mil which is lower then this year.......

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
The Sabres should fire the entire front office, back office, scouting, coaching, and cleaning staff before they trade Eichel.

Another poster said it best, the Sabres should try keeping their good players and adding more.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad