Value of: Jack Eichel

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not saying Jack Eichel wants out, I'm just curious what kind of package he would command if a scenario like that came up?
tenor.gif

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
His value is astronomical. What the Sabres would actually be able to get for him if he wanted out is lower than that though.

Just ball parking it with whatever comes to mind (so don't jump on me):
1. Young very good roster player (a Konecny, Parayko, Svechnikov, Vrana, Boeser, etc. - just the first names that pop into my head). This is really the difference maker between an Eichel trade and those very, very high end rental trades we've seen. They'll need to return a good roster player that's a tier or two below Eichel, who can step in immediately.
2. Solid prospect like a Nick Suzuki when he was traded.
3. Two first round picks, no conditions or protection, at least one of them with very good lottery odds. Or if this is an off-season trade after the lottery, a top 3 pick from this draft.

Writing it out it sounds like a wild haul and I still don't see how it makes Buffalo better.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm not saying Jack Eichel wants out, I'm just curious what kind of package he would command if a scenario like that came up?
Hi, Leafs fan here...you know, a guy that is supposed to hate the Sabres? Don't trade Eichel...like seriously. You know how hard your team has been looking for a 2C? Imagine looking for a 1C again. Eichel is playing lights out, you do not trade him.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Hi, Leafs fan here...you know, a guy that is supposed to hate the Sabres? Don't trade Eichel...like seriously. You know how hard your team has been looking for a 2C? Imagine looking for a 1C again. Eichel is playing lights out, you do not trade him.
You hate the Sabres? What have they ever done to you? Or any other team :laugh:

Reactions: TBF1972

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Way less than Buffalo fans want to admit.

What team could afford 'even' value and not gut their own team adding Eichel? Almost none.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Isles could give Beauvillier, Whalstrom and a collection of picks and prospects, and then Bufflo fans yell it's not enough and then.......

Damn I've been on this board for way too long.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Hypothetically, as a Sabres fan, Eichel comes out and says I’m never suiting up for the Sabres again and trade me.

The call better start with at least one elite young player, 1 top end / elite prospect, 1-2 good prospects and probably 1 unprotected first if the team is not making the playoffs this year and 2 if they are.

his price would be astronomically high on the trade market. There are probably 3 players in the league worth “more” than him based off of skill, production, contract and term. $10m/AAV is a lot but he’s got 6 Years left.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

What team could afford 'even' value and not gut their own team adding Eichel? Almost none.
In the cap era a player’s Contract affects his value. Eichel is clearly a great player, but he is on a big dollar deal with lots of term. Is he a number one centre a team can win with? There are questions about him.
I would say he’s worth a top 10 first (not top five) + a grade A prospect + a team’s top support player, but not from their core.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

Exactly. This isn't the 90s where you could gut your team for a trade(or from drafting poorly) and then spend unlimited money in free agency to fill out the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad