Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Pretty good Games 1 and 2, bad Game 3...now let's start seeing some even strength production

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's been said a lot but if he could find a way to play at his top level more consistently his point potential really is ridiculous. Eichel playing at his very best is IMO a top 2-3 centre in the league.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
It's been said a lot but if he could find a way to play at his top level more consistently his point potential really is ridiculous. Eichel playing at his very best is IMO a top 2-3 centre in the league.

if Jack would bring the intensity of periods 2 through OT every night, he'd be > 2 ppg over a season. The problem is, he has too many games where he plays like he did in the first period

Reactions: Mortiz

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
if Jack would bring the intensity of periods 2 through OT every night, he'd be > 2 ppg over a season. The problem is, he has too many games where he plays like he did in the first period

I think with Jack's style it's almost more mental than it is just about effort- like effort/intensity is part of it, but when he's on it's almost like he needs his mind to match his effort level. A dude like MacKinnon just skates hard and plays smart hockey. With Jack it's almost like a pitcher delivering a masterful performance vs. a stinker. A band producing a perfect album vs. whatever trash Smashing Pumpkins last put out. Tough to explain, but I think when he's off it's because he just isn't seeing the game right- so he doesn't put the intensity in because he doesn't know how to make it work. I feel like he usually makes a mental mistake first, then kinda eases off because he doesn't know exactly where to apply his efforts. Then he just starts feeling it, and when that happens.. jesus. Dude can dominate like.. to be honest, very few. Currently, historically, if he can just effort his way into a good mental state where he starts seeing it all more consistently, good gawd. I actually think his improved D will help with that- you start feeling good in your own zone, you have better breakouts, you feel more in control of the game overall.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
When Eichel is on his game he plays like a top 5 forward. Eichel had 4 points and could have easily had 2-3 more. And can we give it up for how well rounded his game has become? Defensively his game is much improved AND he is winning over 51% of his draws. Jack has now become a true superstar 2 way center. I know he won't hit the 110+ points he is on pace for but I think 95-100 is definitely attainable.

It is crazy that he has only 1 point away from home. And he has also not gone longer then 2 games without a point. We need that type of consistency to continue. As long as Jack keeps shooting more he will continue to score goals. 35-60-95 is what I expect him to finish at.

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
Overall I liked Jack's game last night however he still has a tendency to get a little too cute with the puck 3-4 times a game that leads to a bad turnover. Just an area he could approve upon that will make him even better. Keep it going Jack

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Overall I liked Jack's game last night however he still has a tendency to get a little too cute with the puck 3-4 times a game that leads to a bad turnover. Just an area he could approve upon that will make him even better. Keep it going Jack

Dahlin is having some of the same issues. And then when those cute plays work though...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dahlin is having some of the same issues. And then when those cute plays work though...

We saw a lot of that from the whole team yesterday, I thought. Guys looking to make that one pass that's one too many. Except for Skinner, Skinner never passes up (heh) a chance to score.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We saw a lot of that from the whole team yesterday, I thought. Guys looking to make that one pass that's one too many. Except for Skinner, Skinner never passes up (heh) a chance to score.

I would like Skinner to have the old O'Reilly extra workouts. Bring the guys, anyone who can't get inside for a shot gets chirped by everyone.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-pressure-mounting-toronto-maple-leafs/

So, how crazy was it in there?

“Actually, it was pretty casual,” answered winning goaltender Carter Hutton. “We learned our lesson last year, after our 10-game winning streak. We got too comfortable playing with fire. (Head coach Ralph Krueger) has us focused on the process, sticking with what we do right. If we give up good chances, we’re going to pay.”

Down 2-0 after one to the Sharks, the group emphasized staying true to the plan.

“We have a lot of trust in the system,” Sam Reinhart told reporters post-game.

“Maybe the younger Jack gets frustrated,” Hutton said. “Now, we always talk about the grind of it, how you have to stick with things instead of getting down. But guys feed off him. If he stays right, we follow.”

That maturation of Eichel that we have hoped for is coming through.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
One minor annoyance I have had with Jack's game is his habit of not keeping the blade of his stick down on the ice in the defensive zone. It surfaced again on the third Caps goal when he was closing in on the passer, but had his blade a foot off the ice. Thus, the pass easily went past him and Vrana scored easily.

Maybe it was the score of the game, but I lost my shib at that moment. It is minor annoyance no more. This is such a simple teachable thing that the coaching staff needs to beat into him.

Reactions: Chainshot

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
3 games without a point and only 1 SOG in the Lightning game we really need more consistent production from someone planning on leading the team especially when we are losing by 1 goals in 2 of the 3 games.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
EICHEL SCORES CAREER-HIGH FOUR GOALS IN WIN

Jack Eichel scored a career-high four goals to help the Sabres defeat the Senators and snap a six-game slide (0-4-2). He became the seventh different player in franchise history to score four or more goals in a regular-season game and first since Thomas Vanek on April 10, 2010, also against Ottawa.

* Eichel has recorded 23 career points against the Senators (9-14—23 in 14 GP), his highest total versus one franchise. His career points per game average of 1.64 against Ottawa is the third-highest such total in franchise history (min. 20 P), behind Pat LaFontaine (1.93 P/GP; 14-15—29 in 15 GP) and Alexander Mogilny (1.87 P/GP; 8-20—28 in 15 GP).

Eichel_Media-17021849.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad