Player Discussion Jack Eichel Pt. 10. Yes, 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
More Eichel news on the latest Ray & Dregs prodcast (~13:40 minute mark):

According to Dregs, there's progress being made between Brisson & Adams, Jack is seeing other doctors and if they support ADR then they will move forward with the disk replacement surgery.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
More Eichel news on the latest Ray & Dregs prodcast (~13:40 minute mark):

According to Dregs, there's progress being made between Brisson & Adams, Jack is seeing other doctors and if they support ADR then they will move forward with the disk replacement surgery.

Idiots :facepalm:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
……………………..
I can't even imagine how frustrated I would be if I had an injury that was causing me to have consistent pain and my employer was unwilling to allow me to get a surgery I wanted to resolve it.

I know it wasn’t your intent but this part of your post struck a nerve and really annoyed me.

I work in a profession that beats up your body (Buffalo firefighter). Its pretty hard to avoid getting injured on duty at some point over the course of your career. But my employer (City of Buffalo) doesn’t care about that and f***s with us relentlessly any time we get injured. Even going so far as denying you even got injured.

We frequently have to fight every step of the way after getting injured. From getting the injury approved, imaging approved, to PT approved to surgery approved. Every time we win a step of this fight its due to proving beyond a doubt something was needed. Even if we have to go to arbitration to do it.

I bring my job situation up because, like many regular jobs, getting things approved is about needing them done. Jack’s situation isn’t about a need. Its about want. I don’t begrudge him that want. In fact I support him on it.

But I very much take issue with the idea he is some sort of martyr we should feel sorry for. He is set for life financially already at the age of 25 with 30+mil in the bank. He doesn’t have any of the financial stresses most people have to deal wrestle with when dealing with a serious injury. He’ll be more than fine as this eventually gets resolved.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Why would it have taken this long
The Sabres wanted to punt the medical decisions to another team.

They didn't want to deal with a player that didn't trust them and they didn't trust him.

He wanted out. He didn't want to play for the Sabres again. He didn't want to show up to training camp (my theory...don't gripe). He didn't want to cooperate with the team with his recovery/trade. He wanted OUT!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
But I very much take issue with the idea he is some sort of martyr we should feel sorry for. He is set for life financially already at the age of 25 with 30+mil in the bank. He doesn’t have any of the financial stresses most people have to deal wrestle with when dealing with a serious injury. He’ll be more than fine as this eventually gets resolved.

I never said he was a martyr and I never said that we should feel sorry for him.

All I said is that I can understand his frustration with not being able to get the surgery he wants to feel better physically. And that regardless of how well or poorly I was compensated, I would not be happy if my employer tried to deny my choice of surgery to repair an injury that I had suffered.

I also get why the Sabres are handling things the way they are to some extent.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm going to ignore everything that has happened between the injury and now and just hope Eichel can play hockey in the Olympics. The goal right now for the Sabres has to be get Eichel ready for the Olympics so he can increase his trade value.

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
How is Eichel looking for more opinions in late September? This whole situation is a giant fail by Eichel's people. He was hurt 6 months ago.

Eichel is living in his spoiled, privileged world where HE feels the team should just sell low to appease HIS feelings and situation. Like f*** off with that. You signed an extension where the team overpaid you. Get healthy and get back on the ice.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I never said he was a martyr and I never said that we should feel sorry for him.

All I said is that I can understand his frustration with not being able to get the surgery he wants to feel better physically. And that regardless of how well or poorly I was compensated, I would not be happy if my employer tried to deny my choice of surgery to repair an injury that I had suffered.

All true...

But there is nothing stopping Eichel from getting the surgery he wants - he just needs to put HIS money where HIS mouth is.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Millions of people are facing that exact same situation as we speak...and they don't have the benefit of having 10s of millions of dollars to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad