Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think Eichel is going to have a big year. The 10M per contract is going to look a bargain to the Sabres when he outperforms Matthews who is looking for a big pay day. It was a good move by the Sabres to lock him up last year.

As for the number change, I don't see any reason to be against it. Players are superstitious and if it gives him an edge. Go for it.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I think Eichel is going to have a big year. The 10M per contract is going to look a bargain to the Sabres when he outperforms Matthews who is looking for a big pay day. It was a good move by the Sabres to lock him up last year.

As for the number change, I don't see any reason to be against it. Players are superstitious and if it gives him an edge. Go for it.
I said this 2 years ago, both players will produce. It's going to come down to team success when deciding who's better.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I wouldn't be surprised if Jack was in the top 3 strongest players in the league. The rare photos of him you get with a regular shirt on are eye-popping.

You could see it play out over the course of the year too - guys could muscle him a bit in October, but those same guys would be peeled off like nothing in January.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't be surprised if Jack was in the top 3 strongest players in the league. The rare photos of him you get with a regular shirt on are eye-popping.

You could see it play out over the course of the year too - guys could muscle him a bit in October, but those same guys would be peeled off like nothing in January.

It would all depend on how you define "strongest".

If you are talking the biggest lifts in the powerlifting and/or Olympic weightlifting lifts, I would be surprised.

All pro sports are chock full of athletic freaks that will blow minds. And the strongest guys are rarely the most talented ones.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Mike Modano put up 93 pts in 82 games in his 4th season. This is certainly achievable for a healthy Jack Eichel.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Is Draisaitl even a center?

I thought he was McDavids winger?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wegmans on Alberta has the Sabres jerseys on sale for $39.99. Players they had were RoR, Reinhart, Lehner and Okposo...probably cheaper to buy a RoR or whoever for $40 at Wegmans and then go to Dave and Adams to get it re stitched for Eichel.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Man those townhouses are really unimpressive for $1M but for Jack it's all he needs and a stone's throw from the rink. When/if he gets married and has kids he'll get the mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad