McKenzie: Jack Eichel has not requested a trade from Buffalo. NYR amongst interested teams who have called tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Dude this is horrible for Sabres fans reading these proposals. If you aren't offering at least 6 or 7 premium assets I'm pretty sure you get your face laughed in.

It needs to be Lindros-esque. Legendary. Unheard of. Not your two stars.
Eichel is good. Excellent even. But I don't think there's gonna be a player currently in the NHL or pipeline that will be pulling back a Lindros-esque return. That was with the player basically refusing to play for the team that had his rights, too. Especially in the cap world.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you suggesting that the eventual Eichel deal will be what you want as opposed to what star players usually go for because Eichel is a little younger?

Where the precedent for a star player returning as much as you want? I gave the precedent where the players didn't return that.

No one of jacks nature has been traded since big Joe...

Good luck thinking you wont be giving up number 1 + lol

Reactions: saffronleaf

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dude this is horrible for Sabres fans reading these proposals. If you aren't offering at least 6 or 7 premium assets I'm pretty sure you get your face laughed in.

Brendan Smith
Brett Howden
Libor Hajek
The rights to Mikhail Pashnin
NYR 2020 3rd round pick
DAL 2020 3rd round pick
BUF 2021 3rd round pick

Replenish your supply of 3rds that you'll inevitably trade for Jimmy Vesey.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Im curious what you mean by "6-7 premium assets"? Did the Lindros trade even have 6-7 assets involve?

What do you think is a fair example ?

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Im curious what you mean by "6-7 premium assets"? Did the Lindros trade even have 6-7 assets involve?

What do you think is a fair example ?

Prospects and picks of value.

From the Rangers, something like Chytil, Kravtsov, Miller, Georgiev, and 2 1sts.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
a top 5 center in the league just starting his prime 6 years?
Yea, the package to get him will be ridiculously costly to any team that pony's up an offer, and draft picks won't be the center pieces, but as side pieces they will have to be extremely high given Eichel's a proven commodity.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Prospects and picks of value.

From the Rangers, something like Chytil, Kravtsov, Miller, Georgiev, and 2 1sts.
I guess we have different definitions of what premium assets are then.

Most of those would be add ons to something really premium like Kakko/Laf/Fox IMO. You need a major piece like that coming back rather than a bunch of pieces that likley top out as 2nd line/#4d

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I guess we have different definitions of what premium assets are then.

Most of those would be add ons to something really premium like Kakko/Laf/Fox IMO. You need a major piece like that coming back rather than a bunch of pieces that likley top out as 2nd line/#4d

I wanted to add Fox and Lafreniere but steered away because I know Rangers fans wouldn't want to part with those. It'd probably take one of them that you mentioned. Was just trying to find a middle ground.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I wanted to add Fox and Lafreniere but steered away because I know Rangers fans wouldn't want to part with those. It'd probably take one of them that you mentioned. Was just trying to find a middle ground.
Yeah I mean we wouldn't want to make the Rangers have to give up a key young piece for Jack Eichel. Best to just aim low and settle for the change in the cup holder.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My gut feeling is if and when an Jack Eichel trade is made, whether it's the Rangers or not, it will give the Sabres a head start on building more of a pack mentality team like they had in 2006-2008 and they will emerge stronger for it, coming together as a result. For the team getting Eichel, I think they get the production, but I'm not sure the winning and great team chemistry will be there.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Hey, quick question, if I have my journalist buddy send out a tweet saying that Scarlett Johansson isn't dating me at this time (which is 100% true), does that mean she's practically about to informally hook up with me any time now?

Using the logic that some poster are displaying in here, I should probably give this a try.

Reactions: sabremike

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
My gut feeling is if and when an Jack Eichel trade is made, whether it's the Rangers or not, it will give the Sabres a head start on building more of a pack mentality team like they had in 2006-2008 and they will emerge stronger for it, coming together as a result. For the team getting Eichel, I think they get the production, but I'm not sure the winning and great team chemistry will be there.

Those 06-08 teams were just f***ing loaded. It wasn't "pack mentality" so much as no team had the depth to contain an offense that had 40-goal, ~PPG players on its 3rd line.
Shame 5/6 of our starting D were injured in the 06 ECF. If not for that, I think that would've been the Sabres year.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I can see the Leafs getting Eichel and it turning into a Tavares situation with the Sabres going deep into the playoffs over and over again while the Leafs tumble further and further away from even making the playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Those 06-08 teams were just f***ing loaded. It wasn't "pack mentality" so much as no team had the depth to contain an offense that had 40-goal, ~PPG players on its 3rd line.
Shame 5/6 of our starting D were injured in the 06 ECF. If not for that, I think that would've been the Sabres year.

Yeah, maybe pack mentality isn't the right term but those teams were loaded with guys you maybe wouldn't say was generational talents or superstars but would pump out first line production across 3 lines, backstopped by elite goaltending en route to a Presidents Trophy and deep playoff runs. Feels like that's the kind of structure you'd associate with a rejuvenated, contending Buffalo Sabres.

The is he happy? storyline with a sullen superstar just sucks to see.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Hey, quick question, if I have my journalist buddy send out a tweet saying that Scarlett Johansson isn't dating me at this time (which is 100% true), does that mean she's practically about to informally hook up with me any time now?

Using the logic that some poster are displaying in here, I should probably give this a try.
Salty

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
a top 5 center in the league just starting his prime 6 years?
Yea, the package to get him will be ridiculously costly to any team that pony's up an offer, and draft picks won't be the center pieces, but as side pieces they will have to be extremely high given Eichel's a proven commodity.
Top 5 center?
Mcdavid
Draisatl
Point
Mackinnon
Matthews
Malkin
Crosby
Aho
Zibanejad

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Top 5 center?
Mcdavid
Draisatl
Point
Mackinnon
Matthews
Malkin
Crosby
Aho
Zibanejad

Personally, yeah.. top 5 especially in terms of value.

I would put
- McJesus
- Mackinnon
- Matthews
- and I can see an argument for Draisaitl too

... all ahead of Eichel. Aho is close. Maybe tied.

those other guys Id put below Eichel in terms of future productivity/value. Guys like Malkin and Crosby dont have as much value anymore going forward bc they are in the final few years of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad