Prospect Info: Jack Eichel (2015, 2nd) – '15-16: Buffalo #15 (NHL) – Part 1: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
NZsg783.jpg

Unicorn Princess, better than calling him Beavis right? :laugh:

I wonder how he feels about Deadpool?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Generational talents McDavid, Eichel living up to hype - Rookies creating excitement as first head-to-head matchup draws near
by Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com

Rookie centers Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel will be compared for as long as they're in the NHL.

Each was considered a generational talent at the time they were selected with the first two picks of the 2015 NHL Draft and they have produced well despite the pressure of high expectations.

McDavid, selected No. 1 by the Edmonton Oilers, is the third-youngest (19 years, 41 days) in the NHL to play at least one game this season. Eichel, chosen No. 2 by the Buffalo Sabres, is the fifth-youngest (19 years, 118 days).

McDavid and Eichel are scheduled to play against each other for the first time this season March 1 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. McDavid missed the Sabres-Oilers game Dec. 4 while recovering from a broken left clavicle. Eichel had one goal and four shots on goal in a 4-2 Oilers victory.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Anyone think Eichel has lost weight during the season?

He just seems smaller in his uniform the last couple weeks, imo. Maybe my imagination, but I have been seeing it in his neck specifically.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

He just seems smaller in his uniform the last couple weeks, imo. Maybe my imagination, but I have been seeing it in his neck specifically.

Most players do, so it wouldn't surprise me if Eichel is.

Briere used to get less flex in his sticks as the season wore on because of the size and strength he lost throughout a season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Doug Gilmour talked about losing nearly 20 lbs over the course of a season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Eichel needs to seize the moment and take advantage of the increased responsibility. Zero points since RoR has been out ? Unacceptable. At this rate McDavid is going to finish ahead of him even with missing 35 games. That's embarrassing.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Eichel needs to seize the moment and take advantage of the increased responsibility. Zero points since RoR has been out ? Unacceptable. At this rate McDavid is going to finish ahead of him even with missing 35 games. That's embarrassing.

Why exactly? He's his own man. We did not pick eichel over mcdavid...we lost the lottery. Connor could go on to be better than Gretzky and that'd be no knock on the career eichel has. The only tools feeding into this elementary and ratings fueled rivalry are not fans of the game at all. Both teams have great players, they have no rivalry amongst eachother...why waste your life worrying which is better? Our team is better this year with the choice we have, that's all that matters. I hope for an entertaining game tomorrow where both guys dance the opposing teams embarrassing defense...

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I'm completely tired of this Eichel v. McDavid thing..

But, while McDavid is obviously totally elite offensively, his defensive game is not that talked about. And the reason is most likely that it is pretty much non-existent. The games I have watched supports the numbers. His GA/60 is almost 4.00, which is an extremely ugly number.

McDavid more than likely will improve defensively as well, but at this point his defensive game is horrible.

ceky

Dec 1, 2009
Vienna
Eich is oak in German. Eichhoff is "squirrel" one of my favorite beers while in Switzerland.

as my hockey knowledge is a fraction of yours, I cannot correct you, ever. But I'm austrian so..... (I speak "german" and I'm close enough to them mentality-wise that I like correcting people as well)

Eich means nothing, it's not a word. Eiche is the green big thing, Eichhoff is maybe a beer but definitely not a squirrel (that's an Eichhörnchen) and Eichel can be the seed of the Eiche (oak tree) or, alternatively, a non-slang word for the tip of ones johnson.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
as my hockey knowledge is a fraction of yours, I cannot correct you, ever. But I'm austrian so..... (I speak "german" and I'm close enough to them mentality-wise that I like correcting people as well)

Eich means nothing, it's not a word. Eiche is the green big thing, Eichhoff is maybe a beer but definitely not a squirrel (that's an Eichhörnchen) and Eichel can be the seed of the Eiche (oak tree) or, alternatively, a non-slang word for the tip of ones johnson.

Well, my German clearly sucks, so my apologies. Eichhoff was our favorite brew in Switzerland but it was bought up by Heineken and everyone said it meant squirrel. Perhaps they meant something lower. :laugh:

ceky

Dec 1, 2009
Vienna
Well, my German clearly sucks, so my apologies. Eichhoff was our favorite brew in Switzerland but it was bought up by Heineken and everyone said it meant squirrel. Perhaps they meant something lower. :laugh:

;) no need to apologize at all....

I love good beer as well, and you were absolutely right about the beer... http://www.eichhof.ch. and it has an Eichhörnchen as its logo! their version of german is even weirder than some austrian dialects, but I think it means something like "squirrel-courtyard". If I get the chance I'll try it for sure. :)

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

We're the tip of the sword!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SkNzSIJYbQ

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'm completely tired of this Eichel v. McDavid thing..

But, while McDavid is obviously totally elite offensively, his defensive game is not that talked about. And the reason is most likely that it is pretty much non-existent. The games I have watched supports the numbers. His GA/60 is almost 4.00, which is an extremely ugly number.

McDavid more than likely will improve defensively as well, but at this point his defensive game is horrible.

When you average well over a PPG as a rookie, I think you can overlook a 19 year old rookies defensive play. It's not like Eichel is any good defensively himself. He's pretty atrocious too. And not one of us ever brings it up because again it is to be expected of a 19 year old rookie. Not everyone can be a Toews right off the bat.

And tonight's game was the worst possible outcome. Jacks decision to spin a zero chance weak backhand wide and then McDavid coming up with the puck and blowing right by our franchise savior on D and high priced ticket goalie for a GWG was something that was so predictable. I know RoR is out but Eichel needs to get his head out of his ass and produce. I know our best player is out but with the ice time and chances Eichel is given there is zero excuse for the lack of production. Not that this is unexpected. During the Ducks game I called a 5 game pointless streak for Eichel coming right up. And what do you know that is exactly what has happened. I just really shudder to think about how long it may potentially go. He needs an offensive explosion stat and by stat I mean the next ****ing game. I understand that now that he is getting the oppositions top matchup that it is going to be difficult for Eichel to produce but enough is enough. For how talented he is he should be producing something at least instead of Jack **** (pun intended)

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Im sorry if I'm having a hard time following, but what is the significance of an offensive outburst against Calgary?

Hell, shouldn't that game be the big Reinheart/Bennett showdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad