Recalled/Assigned: Jack Drury

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
You have a better solution? Meier is on Jersey.

No harm in Canes developing some younger players since with a svetch injury our year is probably shot to see what 2
They aren’t just going to give up on the season because Svech got hurt by playing 2 B-level prospects for funzies.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Only issue is that Rees has more trouble staying on his feet than Necas did last year.

Reactions: geehaad

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
4 fights and 2 game misconducts have inflated those numbers.
yes, they inflated the numbers but my point still stands:

1) he's still in the box for those penalties (or someone for him)
2) Take away 40 minutes for those fights/misconducts and he still has 42 penalty minutes, which I suspect would be the most of any forward on the Wolves if you took away their fights/misconducts.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Funzies is your opinion. Roster development matters longer term and an irritant like Rees is what the team may need right now.
Roster development matters, but not to the coach. Unless he thinks those 2 players give the Canes a better chance to win, he’s not playing them. I can see why Rees would be appealing, but adding a rookie who takes a ton of penalties to the lineup is a great way to lose a series on special teams.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Roster development matters, but not to the coach. Unless he thinks those 2 players give the Canes a better chance to win, he’s not playing them. I can see why Rees would be appealing, but adding a rookie who takes a ton of penalties to the lineup is a great way to lose a series on special teams.
Plus, what kind of message does that send to guys like Aho, Burns, Slavin, Pesce, etc...? Guys that aren't planning on giving up on this season because of Svech's injury.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I can’t take credit for this but had to share as it’s pretty funny. Actually looks more like him than Andrei :laugh:

451BE1FE-5F78-4B01-80CD-5D189E757089.jpeg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
when he finally gets his shot he's going to be a better McLovin. And McLovin for all his faults was maybe the biggest reason we beat the Caps in '18-19. Nice to have a guy like that on the team.
The 18-19 team was our best team for handling the physicality of the playoffs. Just not quite talented enough.

Its still interesting went from that team to deciding to flip our philosophy of play in one offseason.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
when he finally gets his shot he's going to be a better McLovin. And McLovin for all his faults was maybe the biggest reason we beat the Caps in '18-19. Nice to have a guy like that on the team.

I'm curious why you say he's going to be better than Foegele. I'm genuinely asking as I have seen very little of him. Here's why I ask though:

Foegele is 6'2, almost 200lbs, Rees is 5'11, 172 lbs.
Foegele, as a 21 year old put up 28G, 46P as a 21 year old in the AHL, and did so with no PP time at all. Rees has come nowhere near that production.
Foegele made the team out of camp and was with the team the entire year before the playoffs started. Rees hasn't played 1 min in the NHL.

Probably unfairly as it's due to his style of play and size, I've always viewed Rees's upside as Brock McGinn.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm curious why you say he's going to be better than Foegele. I'm genuinely asking as I have seen very little of him. Here's why I ask though:

Foegele is 6'2, almost 200lbs, Rees is 5'11, 172 lbs.
Foegele, as a 21 year old put up 28G, 46P as a 21 year old in the AHL, and did so with no PP time at all. Rees has come nowhere near that production.
Foegele made the team out of camp and was with the team the entire year before the playoffs started. Rees hasn't played 1 min in the NHL.

Probably unfairly as it's due to his style of play and size, I've always viewed Rees's upside as Brock McGinn.

If we're doing clumsy player comparisons, if anything, Pulju's floor is probably the Foegele we had here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad