Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Love the guy... but he is 3-0-1. Only Aubin on that list played in an era where you got a point for an OT loss.
Didn't Aubin also have a streak with the Leafs where people thought he was the saviour? lol

Campbell looks good though

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
No I want him gone like how I hated on Babcock for 3 years, and finally one is gone and want other one gone too. Both overated trash cans.

The guy only plays in the national hockey league (greatest league in the world) and wants to win for his team and see his team win. Surely he deserves endless posts from you bashing him! What a trash can he is :(

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Didn't Aubin also have a streak with the Leafs where people thought he was the saviour? lol

Campbell looks good though
During that season which was in 2006 Ed Belfour got injured and missed the remainder of the year. When Mikael Tellqvist couldn't handle being their #1 Goalie it was Aubin who went 9-0-2 and Toronto almost got into 8th place in the Eastern Conference. However the next season Aubin's record was 3-5-2 in 20 games.

Reactions: dubey

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Campbell looks great. I think this will make Freddie play sharper, and we can rest him a little more.

If Campbell can threaten for the one position, not because Freddie is for but because Jack is on, that is a perfect situation.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
During that season which was in 2006 Ed Belfour got injured and missed the remainder of the year. When Mikael Tellqvist couldn't handle being their #1 Goalie it was Aubin who went 9-0-2 and Toronto almost got into 8th place in the Eastern Conference. However the next season Aubin's record was 3-5-2 in 20 games.
Ahh memories

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Shows how bad the Leafs backups have been if 4 good games from a backup causes the boards to collectively cream themselves.

I'm just scared of what will happen when he inevitably has a bad 5 games or so. (He is a backup after all)

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
Right now it looks like Campbell is saving our season.

I hope that y'all that want to hang Dubas for letting Mcbackup go are giving him huge props for this trade. Nicely done Kyle! :thumbu::thumbu:
They won't they are incapable of giving Dubas any decent props because they've wanted him gone so badly from day one.

Mar 26, 2010
Shows how bad the Leafs backups have been if 4 good games from a backup causes the boards to collectively cream themselves.

I'm just scared of what will happen when he inevitably has a bad 5 games or so. (He is a backup after all)
Andersen is the back up. Not Campbell.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

does this kind of pressure actually help Anderson succeed? I don't think it will. Anderson seems like a guy who needs the job security of being seen as the #1. Him and McElhinney had a great relationship because no matter how well Mc played, it was very very clear to everyone who the top dog was for the foreseeable future. Anderson doesn't seem to handle that pressure well.

I remember when Hutchy had a few good games and then Anderson struggled. We'll see but I have a gut feeling this kinda pressure hurts him. Anderson is a work horse type of goalie who can play play and keep playing. He needs as many games as he can get and starts looking rusty if you give him too many breaks.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

I hope that y'all that want to hang Dubas for letting Mcbackup go are giving him huge props for this trade. Nicely done Kyle! :thumbu::thumbu:
I like the trade but bit of an overreaction at this point and kinda unfair to McBackup's accomplishment as backup. Jack's got a bit of a ways to go before he can exceed what Mcbackup provided that year.

Reactions: DueDiligence

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

4 games played and the goalie is saving our season

lose a game and we need to fire the entire team

win a game and we are planning the parade

.......yeah sounds about right

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Well Glen Healey never won a game for Toronto, so you will always have that to embrace...

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
does this kind of pressure actually help Anderson succeed? I don't think it will. Anderson seems like a guy who needs the job security of being seen as the #1. Him and McElhinney had a great relationship because no matter how well Mc played, it was very very clear to everyone who the top dog was for the foreseeable future. Anderson doesn't seem to handle that pressure well.

I remember when Hutchy had a few good games and then Anderson struggled. We'll see but I have a gut feeling this kinda pressure hurts him. Anderson is a work horse type of goalie who can play play and keep playing. He needs as many games as he can get and starts looking rusty if you give him too many breaks.

I think theres a portion of us who think this to some level. Its crappy, cause we have a cap crunch.

The playoff one shot and In is the crap we see with Freddy time to time and its concerning for a 1G in a playoff team.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

It is the ways they're finding to lose games that bothers me. They will lose games, however, it should not be by lack of effort FFS. It is fully acceptable to me if a team works hard for 60 minutes, but loses the game becuase of bad bounces or bad refs etc. Just don't lose because you get outworked!

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Maybe just a coincidence, but there is a large tarp and lots of activity around Legends Row. Probably nothing...

I don't pick up on things easily, sorry, what are you saying?

edit: sorry, I think i get it, 'extreme', Campbell, sarcasm, that's it right?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Backup goalies are mission critical to that teams success and playoff aspirations.

Campbell is 3-0-1 and might in the midst of saving the Leafs season.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019

How I’d respond to that is... Andersen needs to get better at handling pressure situations. If he’s worried because the backup is playing well, how will he feel in the playoffs?

Play the better goalie, period. Take the kid gloves off.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

I think you might be projecting your own feelings in this case. If Andersen can't handle sharing the net, internal competition, etc. then he might as well deflate himself. There are so many good examples of tandems and backups being used throughout hockey history. It never ruined the career of the "better guy". No one freaked out when Rhodes had many good starts when Potvin was the starting goalie. Potvin's Legacy continues...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yup, Anderson is trash. Just awful. You can see the team plays scared in front of him.
Oh my god. What a ridiculous take.
If the Senators had any real offensive talent they would have scored 2 or 3 in the first period. They had Campbell out of position and just missed or had shots blocked. Campbell is a good serviceable goalie. Nothing more.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think it's safe to say that if not for Campbell this team would be currently out of a playoff spot and the narrative would be if we should be sellers at the trade deadline.

He's literally saved our season

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad