Jaccob Slavin still having his name mispronounced in NHL 23, 8 years into his career

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I think the play-by-play announcer says his name right, right?

The arena speaker I don't care much about. I've played GM mode with Carolina and honestly never noticed this, or maybe forgot about it. There are far more annyoing things in the game, even if this should be fixed, of course.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

It's really just insulting to the player at this point. Come on, EA, fix this shit.

In the big scheme it's not a big deal, but just another example of the ridiculously bad attention to detail.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
In the big scheme it's not a big deal, but just another example of the ridiculously bad attention to detail.
Nothing is a big deal in the big scheme of things, I mean at the end of the day it's a video game, nobody is dying over this, never understood this point. Same with the "so many other things need to improve"...OK, why can't they all be documented though?

EA NHL + attention to detail has been extremely poor ever since the PS4 generation. Here's hoping that NHL 24 continues the tradition of the 4 series being amazing - NHL 94, 04, 14, 24?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Nothing is a big deal in the big scheme of things, I mean at the end of the day it's a video game, nobody is dying over this, never understood this point. Same with the "so many other things need to improve"...OK, why can't they all be documented though?

EA NHL + attention to detail has been extremely poor ever since the PS4 generation. Here's hoping that NHL 24 continues the tradition of the 4 series being amazing - NHL 94, 04, 14, 24?
I agree with you entirely man. There’s a popular-ish YouTuber named “RyanMoody” who has made a pretty successful channel documenting the insanity of the Madden series. I’d love for someone to do that with NHL.

The small things themselves all seem minuscule on their own, but we know they add up to big disappointment overall.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023

I'd say the PS3 gen myself. Remember how in Live the Life, you'd be asked the same questions all the time? At one point, my created player was yet to be drafted by an NHL team, but yet one of the answers I could choose was about winning the Stanley Cup.

And this kept happening over and over again, no matter how many times I played through the mode. I think that the series peaked with the PS2 gen, though you could make a case for even earlier.

Reactions: Nemesis Prime

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I'd say the PS3 gen myself. Remember how in Live the Life, you'd be asked the same questions all the time? At one point, my created player was yet to be drafted by an NHL team, but yet one of the answers I could choose was about winning the Stanley Cup.

And this kept happening over and over again, no matter how many times I played through the mode. I think that the series peaked with the PS2 gen, though you could make a case for even earlier.
Definitely peaked with 09 on PS2.

That run of like 03-07 was one of the best. PS3 still had some good ones like 12 and 14, but the rest were very inconsistent.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Definitely peaked with 09 on PS2.

That run of like 03-07 was one of the best. PS3 still had some good ones like 12 and 14, but the rest were very inconsistent.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I can still play these games for the most part. It's just that, over time, I can't help but do it with the nagging feeling that they really could be so much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad