OT: IX. The Hockey World Turns the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Torts done after just one year in Vancouver.

I'll admit, briefly wanted the Stars to bring him in last summer.

Whoops. :help:

I was half hoping for Torts. So very happy that we chose Ruff instead. After watching his post season interview it is clear that we made the right choice (that and the results under him this year).

Brand New Stars

I wanted anyone but Torts. It would be impossible to root for a team that he coaches.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Torts done after just one year in Vancouver.

I'll admit, briefly wanted the Stars to bring him in last summer.

Whoops. :help:

Torts **might** have done well in Dallas. Personnel fit his style better than it did in Vancouver. That always seemed like a knee jerk hiring to me.

Interesting not...Gully wasn't fired.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Vigneault was my first choice, in the coach market. I was hesitant on Ruff because of his rumored problems with young players (what turned out to be mostly BS). Don't know how good AV would've done here, but in hindsight, I'm very glad that it's Ruff standing behind the bench!

MetalGodAOD*

Vigneault was my first choice, in the coach market. I was hesitant on Ruff because of his rumored problems with young players (what turned out to be mostly BS). Don't know how good AV would've done here, but in hindsight, I'm very glad that it's Ruff standing behind the bench!

AV or Ruff would have both been great choices, albeit entirely different styles. AV likes to shelter his top players with huge zone time starts, Ruff is all about rolling those 4 lines.

Hard to be upset with how everything played out. Ruff's been awesome.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Anyone get vibes of Stars hiring Niewy with the Canucks hiring Linden? Granted, firing Tortarella was probably a good move...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The first time I read that, I thought you were suggesting Dallas bring Nieuwy back. :laugh:

But yeah, it seems like Dallas was ahead of the curve on that one, lol.

Wonder if Linden will fail as spectacularly?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I think they're hoping more of the Avs sort of result.

We'll know for sure if they hire a former player as the coach.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Have you guys watched any Bruins playoff games? What are your thoughts on Loui's performance so far? How different of a player is he in Boston than he was in Dallas, in your opinions?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Have you guys watched any Bruins playoff games? What are your thoughts on Loui's performance so far? How different of a player is he in Boston than he was in Dallas, in your opinions?

Post-Lockout Loui or Pre-Lockout Loui? He wasn't himself after the lockout, no idea how he is doing in Boston though.

Brand New Stars

Don't notice him very much at all. Smith stands out in a positive way though.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Watching the Rangers/Pitts game......and they have Zucarello and St. Louis on the same PK Unit.........

SMALLEST PK EVER!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Wild fan in peace Russo put in his blog that the NHL wants a Wild/Stars stadium series.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Matt Fraser gets called up for a playoff game and gets the GWG.

TRADE LOST!!!!1~!@#$@#$~!@~#!@$~!@$~

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
At the world championships France is tied with Canada 2-2 at the moment. Roussel is playing very well and the 2nd France goal was created by his forechecking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad