IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So it wasn't a head injury:

Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro

Justin Dowling said arm injury was suppose to keep him out 4 weeks. He was back in 2 1/2. #TxStars #AHL

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So it wasn't a head injury:

Yeah, thought I updated you on that. Turns out he got cut by a skate blade when he went down on that hit. His arm has been in a sling until like last week.

Also, if anyone comes to CPC, be sure to swing by and say hi. I can totally annoy you about the prospects even more so than I do here.

MetalGodAOD*

I recently drove from St. John's to Labrador City and it's a 39 hour drive. (Doable in ~30/35 but that route was blocked by icebergs and ****)

That's within my own damn province....

Since I'm on my rant...

St. John's to Labrador City...... one way plane ticket? $500.

Within my own province.

I just looked up Labrador City on a map. Why the hell does a city like that even exist? :laugh:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I just looked up Labrador City on a map. Why the hell does a city like that even exist? :laugh:
My thoughts exactly. :laugh: Must be a mining thing? Also why are Newfoundland and Labrador the same province is another question.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Basically formed to mine iron ore.

oreIron.png

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
My thoughts exactly. :laugh: Must be a mining thing? Also why are Newfoundland and Labrador the same province is another question.

Mining. Only mining.. nothing else. Everyone here for the most part works at the mine.

For the Newfoundland and Labrador being the same province.... well at least we're not a part of Quebec. :laugh: But why exactly? Can't quite remember... probably learned it in social studies in 5th grade though.

All I know is Labrador right now is doing a **** load for this province (iron ore mine.... massive hydroelectric project) right now and receiving very little government aid. But you guys in Texas don't want to hear my bitter stories.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Tonight's highlights... First video are goals scored in first two period. Second is all three non empty netters scored in 3rd. Then rest leads into all the other highlights throughout the game. Weird way the Stars did them but eh.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/H...er-Cup-final,-series-begins-Sunday-in-Texas/1

All games will have 7:30 p.m. start times, which represents a bit of a victory for the IceCaps, who had been told by Mile One officials last week that there would have to be an earlier start — likely 6 p.m. — for Game 3 on Wednesday, June 11 because extra time would be needed for advance work in preparation of the CAS convention.

Holy crap. Thank God that didn't happen. 3:30 PM game time? UCK. Would've been awful.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Mining. Only mining.. nothing else. Everyone here for the most part works at the mine.

For the Newfoundland and Labrador being the same province.... well at least we're not a part of Quebec. :laugh: But why exactly? Can't quite remember... probably learned it in social studies in 5th grade though.

All I know is Labrador right now is doing a **** load for this province (iron ore mine.... massive hydroelectric project) right now and receiving very little government aid. But you guys in Texas don't want to hear my bitter stories.

Dude I never realized you lived in what appears to be the middle of ****ing nowhere. And jesus that is crazy how long of a drive to St. John's it would be from there. Sometimes I forget how crazy big Canada is and how few provinces there are.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
And jesus that is crazy how long of a drive to St. John's it would be from there. Sometimes I forget how crazy big Canada is and how few provinces there are.

It would likely cut the time in half for Satan if there was a ferry from mainland Labrador out to west Newfoundland. The only way onto the island are the 2 ferries that operate out of Sydney, NS, to keep it hockey related where M.A. Fleury played junior and an hour or so from Al MacInnis' hometown of Port Hood.

One ferry takes you to southwest NFLD then it's still 15 plus hours all the way around the north of NFLD to St. John's, the other takes you pretty close to St. John's but only operates in the summer/limited months.

This past winter I actually declined a job in St. John's because it would have meant probably 25 hours, given the conditions throughout December/January, of white knuckle winter driving with Uhaul from SW NFLD to St. John's. No thanks, that ship has sailed for now... Ohhhh Canada :help:

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Those were some pretty tidy highlights. A lot of nice goals tonight, and Nihlstorp looked to make a few clutch saves after the 5th Stars goal. I would have loved to see Faksa put away that set up from Stransky where he hit the post.

How about Hedden? The guy seems to be having himself a playoff... I wonder if he plays his way into an NHL contract?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Those were some pretty tidy highlights. A lot of nice goals tonight, and Nihlstorp looked to make a few clutch saves after the 5th Stars goal. I would have loved to see Faksa put away that set up from Stransky where he hit the post.

How about Hedden? The guy seems to be having himself a playoff... I wonder if he plays his way into an NHL contract?

Most of those saves came before that goal in game time. IDK why Texas separates the goals from the highlights in game play.

Hedden is either 30 or just about to turn that, and there are several rumors he has offers from the KHL. He's likely a career minor league player ... A damn good one ... like Morin.

Even Morin is reported to have had contract talks with a Swiss team. He and Dallas would have to mutually agree to end his contract next season ... not impossible I'd say.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Hi there, coming in peace.

I'm hoping for a great series, we have GDTs on the Jets board since the last 3 or 4 games, we really have the Ice Caps fever over there ;). Let's hope for a great series between two deep teams that will surely battle it out hard. If Hutchinson can keep up his numbers since starting for the Jets over the last 3 regular season games, I think the Stars will have a hard time playing them.

When we played Norfolk, we had to face Gibson for the first two or three games. He was a freaking wall! Hutch had two shutouts vs WBS.

Best of luck and may the better team win!

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
At first I though the IceCaps were in St. John's New Brunswick....would have only been an hour 1/2 drive. Ah well.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
At first I though the IceCaps were in St. John's New Brunswick....would have only been an hour 1/2 drive. Ah well.

haha, never realized that you have the other Klingberg playing for you until now. At least one Klingberg will win the Calder Cup this year.

'edit'

just checked his stats, he's not playing apparently, oops :P

Last edited:

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
haha, never realized that you have the other Klingberg playing for you until now. At least one Klingberg will win the Calder Cup this year.

'edit'

just checked his stats, he's not playing apparently, oops :P

Our Klingberg is getting/has received surgery and hasn't been playing for Texas in the playoffs.

Edit: You edited haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad