Confirmed with Link: Ivan Provorov Signs Extension - 6 Years/$40.5M ($6.75AAV)

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Legitimate discussion. Get over it.

He should be fine though. Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanhim, Konency - heck all of young players, are underperforming. Hakstol is the problem.

Reactions: Pinball Wizard

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Plural. It’s a party now. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
I think he’s playing the season hurt. He’ll be fine next camp. Maybe sooner depending on what it is. Still... if it helps to get Hakstol gone it confuses how I feel about his circumstances.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think he’s playing the season hurt. He’ll be fine next camp. Maybe sooner depending on what it is. Still... if it helps to get Hakstol gone it confuses how I feel about his circumstances.
I don't think he's playing hurt, he's playing on a team with no appreciable system. The forwards fly the zone giving the D no choice but hail mary passes. The coach is an idiot who broke up a very successful partnership with Ghost.

Provorov is the least of my worries on the Flyers. The bottom of my concern list.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Provorov looked fine in preseason with no indication he was carrying an injury that was sustained five months prior.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I think there's enough question marks about last year to give us some confidence. He came off a confidence sapping final game the year before, he came in injured and possibly stayed that way all season and he was being coached by a buffoon. All of that should change this year, so there's enough in us to be confident he'll bounce back.

All things considered though, i'd go for a bridge 2 years. Less risk that way.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
He was always the best candidate for a bridge--he was the least likely to explode or even consistently produce like he did in 17-18. But the guy has the potential to be a stalwart top pairing d for us for the foreseeable future. The original comp for him was a Ryan Suter sort of player, which is an incredibly consistent guy to have matching up against other teams top line. All things considered, he's performed to his draft hype, and should continue to improve over the next couple years (hopefully a lot with good coaching).

Reactions: Rebels57

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think there's enough question marks about last year to give us some confidence. He came off a confidence sapping final game the year before, he came in injured and possibly stayed that way all season and he was being coached by a buffoon. All of that should change this year, so there's enough in us to be confident he'll bounce back.

All things considered though, i'd go for a bridge 2 years. Less risk that way.
No question marks for me. No. 1 Dman. Pay him. If pieces of crap like JVR and Hayes are worth $7M/yr, Provy is worth more. Give him $8M x 8yrs and get it over with.

Reactions: Down2ClownAmac4Life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do people still compare UFAs to RFAs with 4 years of club control?

Because they have no idea what a comparable is?

Even if you pay him $32M for the 4 UFA years, you only would pay him maybe $20M for the four controlled years, or say 8yr/$52M.
But since the team can always do a bridge and then pay "Trouba" level salary for the out years, that deal shifts more risk to the team and players generally have to accept a discount for risk shifting.
So probably 8x6 is the proper level for a long-term deal for Provorov, or a 2x4 or so bridge and then negotiate a long-term deal after the ED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad