Chicago,Illinois
neOI7hU.jpg
That is f***ing great

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I thought provorov was going to be soooooooo good after his sophmore season in the WHL.

He’s not a bad player now, just thought he would turn out way better.

Reactions: funky

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd like Provorov on the Sharks over any of the LHD's they have in the lineup at this stage but we don't make any sense as a trading partner for Philly here.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
That’s a shame, I always thought he was going to be a beast, sort of like what Michael Sergachev is now. Hopefully the change of scenery helps him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That’s a shame, I always thought he was going to be a beast, sort of like what Michael Sergachev is now. Hopefully the change of scenery helps him.
Obviously, Tampa has had better teams overall, but check out the difference in PP stats:

Provorov: 981:57 PP TOI, 10 G, 37 A = 2.87 PP/60

Sergachev: 719:08 PP TOI, 11 G, 53 A = 5.34 PP/60

• Wow
Reactions: copperlion

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's basically exactly what he said.

Surprising it took this long to get a thread.

Also, since it is Cliff Fletcher, should not all proposals in this thread include the Flyers' 2nd round pick since... well... Cliff clearly hates the 2nd round?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, since it is Cliff Fletcher, should not all proposals in this thread include the Flyers' 2nd round pick since... well... Cliff clearly hates the 2nd round?
Don't have one until 2025

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I can see LA interested but I don’t know how they make the cap work. Only dumps are Walker at like 2.5 and Peterson, and nobody is taking Peterson.

Before the season our board speculated of adding Iaffalo or Arvidsson but they’re both playing so well I don’t see them being traded. And I don’t know if Blake would be willing to add on enough to have the Flyers retain enough cap space.
If the trade is made on deadline day, we would only need to send the equivalent of one additional league-minimum contract (that is on the NHL roster) along with Walker. We'd end up with less than $100k remaining cap space (depending on who is on IR or in the minors). I think someone else posted a '24 1st, Walker, and Kupari. That would do it (from a cap space perspective--no clue what Provorov's value is given his down seasons and potential competitive offers from other teams).

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
As a Flyers fan, I'd be fine with the picks, and a small side piece or two for salary. It's what the Flyers should do.

Move Provorov to EDM for 1sts.
Retain on Kevin Hayes and move him to the Avs for their first+ at 50%.
I'd even move Hart.

Then just let Atkinson, TDA and other contracts expire over the next 2 years.

Use TK as the 'vet' - unless you're blown away by an offer.

And do it now, vs TDL. Give the team to suck a bit more for the next 40 games - we won't get to the bottom three (nobody will) but can get into the top 5.

Then next year there's more incoming talent, and hopefully they can luck into a good player or two with 3-4 firsts in the next 2 years.

This is the way. Strip it down to the studs. You're locked into whatever's left of Couturier for the next 7 years, plus Atkinson for a couple. Probably playing salary cap gymnastics with Ellis's LTIR hit until 2027. Ristolainen isn't going anywhere either, no one wants that shit. Off those 4 names alone you're looking at nearly $25m in dead cap or total question marks. So, great, you can tank without going below the salary floor!

It's a really bleak situation, and the only way up is down first. Hang onto Konecny—give him the C or something—and Sanheim (since he's now extended long-term) and the handful of productive youngsters in York, Frost, Tippett, and Ersson. Hope Andrae and Gauthier turn into something and start piling picks to add to that prospect pool.

Everything else should go: Hayes, Provorov, DeAngelo, Laughton, even Farabee and Hart.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Provorov needs Bowness as both Fridge and Jeff joked about. As a Jet I kinda liked it, but means we need to unload as F..k from our blueline, but man Norrisey and Provorov on in the top 4 would be nice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oilers need D

2023 1st (top 10 protected) + 2023 2nd for Provorov with some money retained/a cap dump coming to Philly

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Oilers need D

2023 1st (top 10 protected) + 2023 2nd for Provorov with some money retained/a cap dump coming to Philly
I think the Kings could potentially match or beat that (especially if Philly can retain a bit on Provorov). Walker would be the "cap dump" coming back on our end (and thankfully he's finally back to his usual solid play after the ACL surgery rehab).

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I think the Kings could potentially match or beat that (especially if Philly can retain a bit on Provorov). Walker would be the "cap dump" coming back on our end (and thankfully he's finally back to his usual solid play after the ACL surgery rehab).

I don't think the Flyers could retain on one of their few trade chips that has inherent value, given that they'll also have to retain on a couple that have no value at their current salaries but will at half price (Hayes and JVR).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Again?

They actually gonna trade him this time?

There should be teams lined up around to block trying to make this deal. I'm curious what it eventually looks like, if it happens, which it probably won't.

From a Canucks standpoint, i'd be all over it...but probably don't have the sort of pieces Philly would want for him at this point. Maybe before they saw how completely shittastic their Torts season would be, there could've been something there. But now...i assume they just want futures. Which the non-playoff Canucks obviously can't give up, and also, do not really have.

Reactions: Flyer lurker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad