Rumor: Ivan Provorov on the trade block

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
No, Seth jones was a benefactor playing with Zach Werenski in Columbus. No way is Seth jones worth more than Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen.
The question was not if hes worth more then Makar or Heiskanen or if he benifited playing with other good players. It is if anyone would sign him as a UFA this year at 9.5 for 7 years. I think he would certainly have a market.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Would love to find a way to jettison Krug to pick up Provorov. I highly doubt there would be a way to do that with only the Flyers involved like the Lehtera+2 1sts for Schenn trade back in the day.
Lehtera had 1 more year while Krug has many. Plus Philly has no cap issue. StL doesnt seem like a fit.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nucks need to improve anywhere they can
That's as ill informed as saying Toronto needs to add another 10+ million dollar, scoring forward, at the expense of Gio, Murray and Brodie.

LHD is the last position we should be taking any kind of offensive talent or cap, as presently, our 3 LHD is getting less than 10 minutes a night.

If a team were taking OEL of our hands, the Flyers would have a very interested potential trade partner in the Canucks though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Very uncomfortable with a trade between two GMs who are both guaranteed to lose the trade badly. This might be a nuclear explosion of wasted value.
Holland is guaranteed to lose free agent signings. He doesn't do badly in trades. At least not every time, ha ha.

Anyway, what is Philly looking for? If it's futures, Edmonton is a nearly perfect trading partner. The only kicker is that we'd need to send salary back. Not useless salary, but Holland wants to contend so he isn't going to be offering up top six forwards or anything like that.

Possible high value futures that could be included are Broberg, Holloway, 1st round picks (future and recent),

Cap going back with the futures for cap could be guys like:

Cody Ceci - positive value - he has been solid for Edmonton mostly, let's you slide York to LD to take over Provorov's spot without creating a massive hole on the RD side. Probably best suited to 2nd pair, if DeAngelo can take top pair minutes

Kailer Yamamoto - positive value - small, but tons of heart and doesn't quit. Will never score tons of points like he did in junior, but he will work hard and can chip in 20+ in a top six role

Jesse Pulujarvi - neutral value - offense has dried up, but he is engaging physically and is still good defensively. Overpaid RFA, so if he doesn't work out, you can let him walk for nothing. If he clicks, you are getting a good player.

Warren Foegle - slight negative value due to being overpaid for a bottom six forward. There was hope that he could be a 2nd/3rd line guy, but that 2nd line potential might be gone. Needs a change, and could get back to the energetic banger he has been at times, but he isn't fitting in here.

Jack Campbell - stop laughing. No seriously guys, I'm joking.

Does1st round picks in 2023 and 2024, Pulujarvi, Foegle and Ceci get the conversation started?

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Provorov makes sense for Vancouver in the right context. Would they trade picks/prospects for him? Not a chance. If Philly was open to a deal based around one of the players' Vancouver is looking to move other than Horvat, sure.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Leafs should LTIR Brodie until he's miraculously healthy at playoffs.

Provorov-Liljgren
Rielly-Brodie
Giordano-Timmins

Sandin + Kerfoot + 1st + Prospect(not Knies)

I kid I kid

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Holland is guaranteed to lose free agent signings. He doesn't do badly in trades. At least not every time, ha ha.

Anyway, what is Philly looking for? If it's futures, Edmonton is a nearly perfect trading partner. The only kicker is that we'd need to send salary back. Not useless salary, but Holland wants to contend so he isn't going to be offering up top six forwards or anything like that.

Possible high value futures that could be included are Broberg, Holloway, 1st round picks (future and recent),

Cap going back with the futures for cap could be guys like:

Cody Ceci - positive value - he has been solid for Edmonton mostly, let's you slide York to LD to take over Provorov's spot without creating a massive hole on the RD side. Probably best suited to 2nd pair, if DeAngelo can take top pair minutes

Kailer Yamamoto - positive value - small, but tons of heart and doesn't quit. Will never score tons of points like he did in junior, but he will work hard and can chip in 20+ in a top six role

Jesse Pulujarvi - neutral value - offense has dried up, but he is engaging physically and is still good defensively. Overpaid RFA, so if he doesn't work out, you can let him walk for nothing. If he clicks, you are getting a good player.

Warren Foegle - slight negative value due to being overpaid for a bottom six forward. There was hope that he could be a 2nd/3rd line guy, but that 2nd line potential might be gone. Needs a change, and could get back to the energetic banger he has been at times, but he isn't fitting in here.

Jack Campbell - stop laughing. No seriously guys, I'm joking.

Does1st round picks in 2023 and 2024, Pulujarvi, Foegle and Ceci get the conversation started?
Sure 2 first is fine but thing is Philly is maxed at 50 contracts. Would need to balance those out too.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Provorov makes sense for Vancouver in the right context. Would they trade picks/prospects for him? Not a chance. If Philly was open to a deal based around one of the players' Vancouver is looking to move other than Horvat, sure.
I've heard some fans speculate Torts used to like Miller back in NY. I've never read anything to suggest as such, maybe some NYR fans have some insight here?
But we all know high profile coaches often tell management they want a player, and management usually see's if it is possible.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Sure 2 first is fine but thing is Philly is maxed at 50 contracts. Would need to balance those out too.
As a Flyers fan, I'd be fine with the picks, and a small side piece or two for salary. It's what the Flyers should do.

Move Provorov to EDM for 1sts.
Retain on Kevin Hayes and move him to the Avs for their first+ at 50%.
I'd even move Hart.

Then just let Atkinson, TDA and other contracts expire over the next 2 years.

Use TK as the 'vet' - unless you're blown away by an offer.

And do it now, vs TDL. Give the team to suck a bit more for the next 40 games - we won't get to the bottom three (nobody will) but can get into the top 5.

Then next year there's more incoming talent, and hopefully they can luck into a good player or two with 3-4 firsts in the next 2 years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's as ill informed as saying Toronto needs to add another 10+ million dollar, scoring forward, at the expense of Gio, Murray and Brodie.

LHD is the last position we should be taking any kind of offensive talent or cap, as presently, our 3 LHD is getting less than 10 minutes a night.

If a team were taking OEL of our hands, the Flyers would have a very interested potential trade partner in the Canucks though.

No It's not the Canucks suck, we both know they suck, and before somebody says it, because I know It's comingI'm not talking about not being able to get out of round 1,I'm talking about the Canucks SUCK.

Like they are starting to remind me of the days where we tossed Jersey's on the ice, and Salute gate where it was quite literally fans VS. the team.

The Canucks are dysfunctional they aren't good enough in almost every area except maybe goaltending but even then Demko hasn't been himself.

They need to improve anywhere they can

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I've heard some fans speculate Torts used to like Miller back in NY. I've never read anything to suggest as such, maybe some NYR fans have some insight here?
But we all know high profile coaches often tell management they want a player, and management usually see's if it is possible.
This would be one of the situations I could see Vancouver entertaining a Provorov trade. Boeser/Garland/OEL(lol), would be the others.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Every GM hearing Chuck Fletcher put a good player on the trade block.

giphy.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Provorov and Hayes for Miller and Boeser
I just want to see the reaction from Torts.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I can see LA interested but I don’t know how they make the cap work. Only dumps are Walker at like 2.5 and Peterson, and nobody is taking Peterson.

Before the season our board speculated of adding Iaffalo or Arvidsson but they’re both playing so well I don’t see them being traded. And I don’t know if Blake would be willing to add on enough to have the Flyers retain enough cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad