Rumor: Ivan Provorov on the trade block

Status
Not open for further replies.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
The reaction this event has caused tells me more about us as a society than the persons actions itself. He can represent whatever values he has decided to but the fact that the support of a minority group is so polarized tells me, that we as a society have failed as a whole. It shouldn't be so complicated or seen against your values to go out to skate for 15 minutes. Just to show your support for a group of human beings.

Believe it or no Christianity supports all human beings. It just doesn’t support sex outside of the institution of marriage.

Additionally do you think there would be the same outcry if a player sat out a theoretical warm up where the players would don a Chrsitian themed jersey??

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Well he didn't actively participate because he said it's against his religion, which considers their existence to be a sin. So by choosing not to participate & telling us that's why, he's literally being anti-LGBTQ.

And the NHL would never have a Pro Choice night. That doesn't make sense. It doesn't support a marginalized community, or a group of "heroes" such as cops, firefighters, emergency responders, etc. to show appreciation.
(to be clear, I didn't quote Heroes in a mocking way. I just wanted to highlight the term since often that's what those jobs are viewed as during these nights).

And yes actually, most people who identify as Pro Choice probably would show up to Pro Life night (which would never happen, but I'll answer it anyway).

I simply cannot understand why this is so hard for people to fathom, like that's all it is, not some morally justified decision or freedom of speech or any these other fake loopholes.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
With at least 2 pages being a back and forth about the obvious, I think it's important to note two things.

1. If Provorov hadn't already alienated himself in the room, he did last night by not participating in a team activity. It doesn't matter what the activity is or when. It's tantamount to bailing on your team mates and says you're not willing to do what it takes for the guy sitting next to you.

2. Tortorella is, among other things, a hypocrite. When there was talk of players under his charge a few years back kneeling during anthems he threatened to scratch anyone that did, but Provorov is just being true to himself.
Not a Tort fan but good for him he did not shrink like a gutless puke like many do..............Gays have their rights and should like anyone else and they should but nothing makes sicker than these phonies that want to let everyone think that they care......there is a place for everything wearing stupid color jerseys at a hockey game is not one of those times................move on people ....lets talk hockey............

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Believe it or no Christianity supports all human beings. It just doesn’t support sex outside of the institution of marriage.

Additionally do you think there would be the same outcry if a player sat out a theoretical warm up where the players would don a Chrsitian themed jersey??
It supports all human beings, but also doesn't support all human beings, ok than....

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Well he didn't actively participate because he said it's against his religion, which considers their existence to be a sin. So by choosing not to participate & telling us that's why, he's literally being anti-LGBTQ.

And the NHL would never have a Pro Choice night. That doesn't make sense. It doesn't support a marginalized community, or a group of "heroes" such as cops, firefighters, emergency responders, etc. to show appreciation.
(to be clear, I didn't quote Heroes in a mocking way. I just wanted to highlight the term since often that's what those jobs are viewed as during these nights).

And yes actually, most people who identify as Pro Choice probably would show up to Pro Life night (which would never happen, but I'll answer it anyway).
Yea their existence isnt a sin- I can speak for the Catholic Church to which I am a member but Catholicsm doesnt deem a homosexual existing as “sinful”.

It comes down to sex. There are plenty of practicing homosexual practicing catholics that are not condemned purely on the basis of their sexuak attrwction

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Not a Tort fan but good for him he did not shrink like a gutless puke like many do..............Gays have their rights and should like anyone else and they should but nothing makes sicker than these phonies that want to let everyone think that they care......there is a place for everything wearing stupid color jerseys at a hockey game is not one of those times................move on people ....lets talk hockey............
Then take out every other appreciation night, cops, military etc.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
Personal beliefs need to be checked at the door if you're going to play in a league that recognizes inclusivity to ALL. He had no problem honoring the US military which, given his background, is surely against his beliefs. The same people that support his decision are the same ones who laugh or comment stupid shit under any LGBTQ post.
The same league that recently scheduled a job fair that had a rule that stated "participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability?" That's a rather non-inclusive list of people the NHL are looking to hire.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I simply cannot understand why this is so hard for people to fathom, like that's all it is, not some morally justified decision or freedom of speech or any these other fake loopholes.

So you wanna force the guy to do something that he doesn't want to do, just to appease the same people who are now tearing down his character because of his personal beliefs? Is it really gonna change anyone's life if he wears the jersey or not? Of course not, people are just conditioned to get outraged by almost everything these days and lash out at anyone who dares to disagree with them on certain issues.

He said in his statement that he respects everyone's choices, but unfortanately the angry mob doesn't care about his personal choices. They just want him to conform to theirs.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The same league that recently scheduled a job fair that had a rule that stated "participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability?" That's a rather non-inclusive list of people the NHL are looking to hire.
Proof?

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Theoretical examples don’t carry the same weight when they don’t involve common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad