Prospect Info: Ivan Miroshnichenko, 20th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
We won't see him for a few years at least and who knows how he will do with his cancer battle. Not sure if this is nifty.
I like the fact they were willing to take the risk. The #20 pick in a not-so-great draft is a great place to take a shot. There's never a guarantee on anybody, but they were willing to take a swing on what sounds like the best pure talent avaialable there. Glad they did.

Reactions: msrulo

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I feel I should type his name out a lot to avoid many future mispells, however I'm going to call him Miro for now. By looking at his photos he reminds of a young Ovy. I realize there is only one Ovy, but the kid looks like Ovy did at that age, more like a 25 year old man. He looks in superb shape and his goal scoring videos are fun to watch. If this kid becomes a star, give Mahoney a Cap's HOF ticket! The scary thing is he can put on a lot of muscle still and he's already pretty bulked up.
I mean, if ever there was a prospect that clearly emulated Ovy, it's this kid. That clip where he got the puck in the neutral zone and cut to the center from the left wing to scorer on the wrister is incredibly Ovechkinesque.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I mean, if ever there was a prospect that clearly emulated Ovy, it's this kid. That clip where he got the puck in the neutral zone and cut to the center from the left wing to scorer on the wrister is incredibly Ovechkinesque.
The way he shoots and skates he reminds me of Kovalchuk.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Everyone keeps reporting different things about his cancer diagnosis. Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's can be very, very different. Sounds like they caught it early either way, but between all the draft tweets and site blurbs about this kid, it's like 50% reporting Hodgkin's and 50% non-Hodgkin's. Simple thing to get wrong if all you're looking at is the word, but it's actually a big deal.

Again, sounds like he's doing well regardless, but between all the conflicting info and the likely more reliable sources being written in Cyrillic, I'm confused. ;)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Everyone keeps reporting different things about his cancer diagnosis. Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's can be very, very different. Sounds like they caught it early either way, but between all the draft tweets and site blurbs about this kid, it's like 50% reporting Hodgkin's and 50% non-Hodgkin's. Simple thing to get wrong if all you're looking at is the word, but it's actually a big deal.

Again, sounds like he's doing well regardless, but between all the conflicting info and the likely more reliable sources being written in Cyrillic, I'm confused. ;)
Initial reports were talking about Hodgkin's, yet I don't think there ever was any official statement.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
We won't see him for a few years at least and who knows how he will do with his cancer battle. Not sure if this is nifty.
I just read on one of the threads on HF that he's been cleared to train for next season. I'd suspect we'll find out where he stands fairly soon. It's not like he's expected to make the opening night roster.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Kids got some eyebrows on him.

Is it me or does he have the brows of this emoji?

😤
Looks a little bit Romulan…

1657468267196.gif

Reactions: searle

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps have a history of taking risks with late 1st round picks, most recently Hendrix Lapierre and now this kid. And they have had some success with some of these gambles in the past-- most famously, Tom WIlson at #16 pick in 2012. So I like the move.

EDIT: Also you could argue that Kuznetsov was another late first round, risky pick that paid off. IIRC there was chance that he could have bolted to the KHL instead of playing with the Caps.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad