Confirmed with Link: Ivan Fedotov has arrived in Philadelphia (Goalie, 2015 draft pick); made his NHL debut (Apr. 1)

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Obviously if he comes in lights out will be interesting since he wil be an UFA. My only thought here though is Flyers management have tried to get him over here and work with him so maybe some loyalty there.

Let's see how he plays first but with Errson being average at best and Felix about to go back to Sweden since he has struggled on all levels, Fedotov doesnt have much competition. Kolosov obviously but I see him spending a year in the AHL.

Our next Cutter?

First time I've felt any excitement for this team since the Bedard lottery and Michkov pick, how sad is that?

Nice to have a competent GM.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Don't know what has and/or has not been posted anywhere on his jersey number... but from what can determine, there is a little bit of an interesting story hiding beneath his Flyers jersey number; he appears to have been assigned #82... seems he wore #28 in KHL... Giroux wore #28 with Flyers... obviously, the organization would not want to stir up any possible negative vibes among the fanbase, especially with those who are dissatisfied with the treating of Giroux departure... #82 is the reverse of #28... Flyers flipped his KHL number, probably with his approval.

All of the above is pure assumption from a long-time observer of the Flyers 'days of our lives' spin-off soap opera. 😜

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is great. Escaping the cycle of eternal punitive action has to be a huge relief

How "negotiations" could have gone...
VLUofx6.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
On the bright side, you can put a new nameplate one of your Bunnaman jerseys!

Just how eerie is it that now the Bunnyman's name is having a resurrection... as we approach Easter Eve, 2024?

Doo doo doo do
Doo doo doo do
... You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop,
The New Era of Orange

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m confident that unless he’s an absolute trainwreck on the ice - and/or bad in the room, he’s here for at least 2 more years after this season
They went through the work, so I have to think there’s at least an understanding. But it should be simple, he signs 2 years, whoever is better between he and Ersson gets a new deal, the other moves on and makes way for Kolosov who they can now have be in the minors for the duration of his ELC.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I’m confident that unless he’s an absolute trainwreck on the ice - and/or bad in the room, he’s here for at least 2 more years after this season
No way after all this the org doesn't re-sign him. They crave these types of optics. "We stood up to Russia and brought Fedotov over in the end. We offered him a chance at his dreams after his tumultuous time. The Flyers back down to no one. That's the Flyer way."

It makes them look feeble if they let him walk. Clarke would never let that happen.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
No way after all this the org doesn't re-sign him. They crave these types of optics. "We stood up to Russia and brought Fedotov over in the end. We offered him a chance at his dreams after his tumultuous time. The Flyers back down to no one. That's the Flyer way."

It makes them look feeble if they let him walk. Clarke would never let that happen.

This is baller-level posting, for all you lurkers out there.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Whether or not Fedotov pans out, especially with our other younger goalies kicking at his heels, it is really exciting that this has been able to happen.

Credit to the Flyers for staying on this and figuring a way to make this work out. I can not wait to see this guy. It's been a long time coming.
You give too much credit the the band of Keystone cops that manage the Flyers. Russia just became dis-interested in him and stopped "playing"....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad