Speculation: IV. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Declaration of Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ribby won't be coming to Dallas:

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

Maloney said this move was purely about behavioral issues and not cost-saving move. Ribeiro has been seeking help this summer, Maloney said.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
They're a way worse team than they were before Willie got there. Yet all these people on twitter are saying they're doing a good job. Don't understand it.

I think they just want to see changes, or they have no idea what they are talking about. Probably the former.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
All these moves by Vancouver...and I just realized.....I wonder what Willie is thinking.

Poor guy.

Are you kidding? This is great for him because everybody realizes that team isn't gonna win anything next year or the year after. I felt bad for him because I thought everyone in upper management thought they could still contend but now he should have some time to get things going in the right direction.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Hey guys, is it too late for Willie to realize Vancouver is going to hell and come back to Texas? :D

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Are you kidding? This is great for him because everybody realizes that team isn't gonna win anything next year or the year after. I felt bad for him because I thought everyone in upper management thought they could still contend but now he should have some time to get things going in the right direction.

The issue with this line of thought is that it doesn't even look like they're stock piling picks to help their farm or depth.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The issue with this line of thought is that it doesn't even look like they're stock piling picks to help their farm or depth.

That's nonsense .... they added 24 and 50 plus two good young players.

They're not just burning the house down. It's a long term build which means he should have job security. They're not going to expect him to win-win-win.

He'll get an opportunity to teach and develop with the young guys.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Ran in to Ribs one night in Edmonton 3 years ago. Night before the game, say around 11-11:30. Dude was pie eyed as heck and stunk like...

dr-dre-samples.jpg

I highly doubt he's the only one that involves himself in stuff like that, or worse, in fact I know he's not. But to me it's quite insightful.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013

They're not just burning the house down. It's a long term build which means he should have job security. They're not going to expect him to win-win-win.

Dammit G, let me live my fantasy.

And for some reason I totally forgot about the 24th pick.

Now they're hinting that Vancouver is going to try and make a run for the first overall. Wonder what they'd have to give up for that.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Anyone else listening to TSN's coverage right now? They just started talking about Spezza.Mckenzie is saying CHI, STL and a team in the East are the ones with interest.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What about the Sedins? They're 34 in September, declining, and signed for another 4 years. Are they expecting to hold onto them just because? What is the play here?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Exactly.

If he had to catch the California teams to keep his job it would have ended in tears.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Ran in to Ribs one night in Edmonton 3 years ago. Night before the game, say around 11-11:30. Dude was pie eyed as heck and stunk like...

I highly doubt he's the only one that involves himself in stuff like that, or worse, in fact I know he's not. But to me it's quite insightful.

My guess is about a quarter of the players in the league skunk it up. Anything beyond that is a whole other ballgame.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What about the Sedins? They're 34 in September, declining, and signed for another 4 years. Are they expecting to hold onto them just because? What is the play here?

They are two Joe Thorntons, if they want to stay nobody can do anything and it isn't any of the current regime's fault they have the leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad