Speculation: IV. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Declaration of Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

defensorfidei

Jun 4, 2014
I think the Blues are a good bet. They are tightly budgeted, but if the ownership decides to go for it, which they should IMO, they can fit Spezza in for sure. They moved a bunch of their young assets, but I still think they have enough to get it done. If Spezza wants good wingers to play with, we can't really match Tarasenko if Benn and Seguin play together.

If you think Tarasenko isn't easily matched by Nuke you're crazy.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If you think Tarasenko isn't easily matched by Nuke you're crazy.

I'm crazy then? Tarasenko has a ton of offensive polish that Nichushkin doesn't. How many times was Nuke stopped in tight because he didn't elevate the puck? Obviously Nuke will get better, but Tarasenko is going to have a better year next year and his best years will more closely overlap with Spezzas.

Brand New Stars

Let's rephrase that. No one here wants old retreads from the old regime.

Except well over half the people here don't want Spezza, Stastny, Grabovski, Thornton, or Kesler (even though he wouldn't come here).

NukeJukes43

With the risk of being scrutinized for no reason by glove again, I think the Stars bring in a top 6 winger if we don't grab Spezza or a decent FA 2C.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
With the risk of being scrutinized for no reason by glove again, I think the Stars bring in a top 6 winger if we don't grab Spezza or a decent FA 2C.

Why? Source?

:sarcasm:

Not crazy, but outside of one or two guys I'm hoping they just stay the course.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec

I would suspect VAN will go hard after Jonas Hiller on July 1. Clearing cap space today.

That would probably make Markstrom available. That Tony guy .. Stars_Insider ... said he thought Dallas might use one of the 4th rounders to get a backup goalie.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Except well over half the people here don't want Spezza, Stastny, Grabovski, Thornton, or Kesler (even though he wouldn't come here).

I can see reasons for all of those.

Spezza - Price
Stastny - Price
Grabovski - Declining? Price?
Thornton - Price
Kesler - Price

Also, this place is a forum. I've never seen anyone ever agree on a forum. EVER.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He was great in Washington though. Phoenix kills offense so I'm definitely not ready to say Ribs is done.

Rumor was that he was part of the culture change though. If that was true, I'm sure Jackson would fill Nill in on the details.

NukeJukes43

Why? Source?

:sarcasm:

Not crazy, but outside of one or two guys I'm hoping they just stay the course.

Haha dammit G!

I'm with you on staying the course but I just really don't want Eakin as our 2C. I think he really makes some piss poor decisions with the puck when it's crunch time. If you take that top 6 pressure off of him and keep him 3rd line with Frenchie and Assman, then he'll play more a more comfortable all around game. Plus those guys ARE a 2nd line scoring group when the momentum is there. Can't believe how many times they've bailed us out. Regardless, I want a more solid top 6. With speed, physicality, and scoring.....Hell, super size that meal please.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
He had more points in his HALF season in Washington than he had in Phoenix last year while only missing two games. Playing in the system he did was not the only reason he failed. He was flat out terrible most of the time.

NukeJukes43

!

I can see reasons for all of those.

Spezza - Price
Stastny - Price
Grabovski - Declining? Price?
Thornton - Price
Kesler - Price

Also, this place is a forum. I've never seen anyone ever agree on a forum. EVER.

LOL! Blue, I've seen you around /r/Hockey so reading this from you made it all the more hilarious. It's so so so true. Err.. i mean WRONG. YOU SUCK BLUE

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
LOL! Blue, I've seen you around /r/Hockey so reading this from you made it all the more hilarious. It's so so so true. Err.. i mean WRONG. YOU SUCK BLUE

I've lived through MMO and Game forums that make /r/hockey and this board look like we're a utopia of discussion and agreements.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He had more points in his HALF season in Washington than he had in Phoenix last year while only missing two games. Playing in the system he did was not the only reason he failed. He was flat out terrible most of the time.

The other way of looking at Ribeiro is that he was tied for 10th in scoring a year ago.

NukeJukes43

:cry:

If you think it was for no reason you're more oblivious than I thought.

Sorry I don't have confirmed links from news sources for you because I'm not your twitter feed. If you don't like to read speculations, I hear ESPN writes some REALLY good off-season hockey articles. Maybe those would've interested you. They have big letters and interactive puzzles to make reading more fun for the pseudo-intellectual stickler in all of us!

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Sorry I don't have confirmed links from news sources for you because I'm not your twitter feed. If you don't like to read speculations, I hear ESPN writes some REALLY good off-season hockey articles. Maybe those would interested you. They have big letters and interactive puzzles to make reading more fun for the pseudo-intellectual stickler in all of us!

So asking for clarification on whether something a person says is their own deduction or parroting something they heard from a reputable source is pseudo intellectualism? Grasp a little higher, the straws are out of your reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad